It's time.. Frost DK and 2 handed weapons

Wait, can’t Thunderfury be used by Warriors too? Or is it just for Agility classes?

I think all Warrior specs can wield it, but because it’s one-handed only Protection can use it if my information serves.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. And I wish Fury can use 1 handers again. Glad it’s not just for Rogues though.

But back on topic, with how Thunderfury was made a meme, maybe we can try the same with Frostmourne to help support both reforging it and getting back 2h Frost. Someone once said on Reddit “Did someone say Frostmourne, Cursed Blade of the Nathrezim?”, and I think that was very fitting too.

2 Likes

warrior likely falls into the same issue frost does atm. can equip but certain abilities require 2handers to use

2 Likes

It wouldn’t simply be a cosmetic change if a playstyle was built around 2 handed weapons. Regardless of that, this is an RPG, and part of the roleplay experience is done through cosmetics and game immersion.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m fully aware of that too, but that limitation feels very stupid to me honestly. Especially since we don’t have artifacts anymore.

1 Like

Fury is probably the only spec so far that has a chance of getting 1h weapons back through either lifting weapon restrictions or through transmog. Its almost a 1 for 1 across the board. 2 enchants, same playstyle, same animations.

You want to be smacked around by every man & his dog & be dehelmed?

1 Like

We’re already like that with how weak Frost is currently sadly enough. And we need BoS or we can’t even fight back properly too.

1 Like

I have been trying to get blizzard to let shamans use swords. That post had gained some traction but not enough. Most people have abandoned shamans esp enhancement as it is the squishiest class in the game atm.

2 Likes

Hope Enhance has room at the local tavern for us who can’t enjoy Frost either for us to drink ourselves into a drunken stupor in that case.

1 Like

As a challenge pick up shaman and try enhancement. Yea we get nice big crits when geared with as much haste and crit as possible. But in pve and pvp we are so squishy. Blizz nerfed our heal so its even smaller than death strike and it can take both of our resources so not just mana but malestorm as well.

2 Likes

frost isnt “weak” its just boring to play.
the numbers are there the damage just isnt where most people would like to be coming from.

3 Likes

Frost isn’t weak though. It is also looking like Icecap might actually pull ahead than BoS based on sims that have been done. Frost currently pretty balanced right now. Like Kusarii said it’s just not where people want it.

People want the power on weapon strikes.

I was maining shaman and wanted enhance to work so badly because I really enjoyed the play style and theme/visuals. That is a spec that seems to suit DW with all the lightning based attacks (rip 2H enh).

It is really squishy though and playing a frozen juggernaut is more fun right now. It would be even better with a giant 2h chunking for big obliterates though.

I would love for my damage not to be tied to a gimmicky bouncing snowball PvP talent. It does a lot of damage, especially when you can get 2 people within 6 yards of each other, but that does not feel right. I am pretty sure I am not alone in wanting more damage to be shifted to Obliterate/Frost Strike and away from frost fever/chillstreak.

1 Like

This is my shaman. Yes enhancement is fun but thanks to some turbo pvp teams shamans self heal got nerfed into the ground. I keep hoping that blizzard will fix it but. But to me Enhancement has been so neglected.

But it is fun to watch the health bars melt when you get the wf proc and just watch the hp bars drain. What is even more fun is to team up with a Frost Juggernaut brother or sister and the havoc we reap. :slight_smile: :smile:

4 Likes

Gotta agree with that - that is a pretty sweet looking hammer though - like a DK/Paladin - which seems to be the main LK candidates ever notice that?

2 Likes

Dual Wielding Thunderfurry now and suddenly im not so bothered about 2hnd Frost.

5 Likes

My idea to fix Frost for a while now has been pretty simple:

• Swap Frostwyrm’s Fury and Icecap on the talent tree
  • Reduce the cooldown of Frostwyrm’s Fury to 2.5min to make it competitive with Breath of Sindragosa since you’ll now need to choose between one or the other for aoe.

This allows us to have a viable Obliterate based single target spec by taking Icecap and Obliteration together.

There would be a few possible aoe talent combinations most likely taking Glacial Advance on the 90 tier, and either Frostwyrm or Breath of Sindragosa on the 100 tier.

1 Like

The spec just needs an overhaul or a redo. But unfortunately, it was confirmed at Blizzcon that it isn’t getting a single change for at least another 3 and a half years. That, combined with thethe mild disappointment 8.3 has been, means I might have to take another 4 year break from the game. I’m not trying to break a record with using the same rotation for 6-7 something odd years in a row. It’s time for a change.

3 Likes