It's time.. Frost DK and 2 handed weapons

Thank you for your input on that. My post# 1220 is flagged. Not sure if community can see it now or not but I asked our “anti 2 hand” group leader to refer back to post# 139 by Draith to read and debunk it if possible as well as a lot of the other original early posts. There is overwhelming support in favor of 2 hand frost returning. Just got to keep asking!

1 Like

This statement basically spelled it out. No matter how much people might want Frostmourne back.

1 Like

Mass-flagged posts are just hidden by a “This was flagged by the community, do you still want to see it?” message. It’s still visible once you click the warning.

It’s rather interesting that posts are suddenly being hidden for flags.

2 Likes

Ahh good to know. Must be the anti 2 hand corporation with some trusty alts lol

3 Likes

You know what has been said… except you admit to not reading it. Its a contradiction, you cant not read something and know what that says. Do I know what Happy Potter says in its books if I dont read it?

I take what people say at face value. I dont interpret what they say which is wrong to do in the first place. If I take what you say at face value, say you said oh I dont know, I like cats, for example. I will take it on face value. But you might not like all cats and would later need to be clarified… right?

So If I have never said I am against 2h returning, isnt it dishonest to say that I am? Even when clarified people still stick with the “they dont want 2h back” argument which is entirely false. I will use whatever because I liked the spec. I didnt use DW in Wrath because 1h dps weapons dropped all the time and it was the better option. Cata had low drop rates for 1h weapons and firelands only had 1 1h dps option so you would use a 2h unless you got lucky. Its not like I said “ugh, a 2h, these things suck!”.

The actual hilarious thing is, I have actually suggested how to bring the weapon back, even back in BFA beta, but im so opposed to the weapon I dont want anyone to have it. Yet another contradiction in reasoning and logic.

i dont recall if blizz had removed oblit or not from blood but would err on the side of it being horribly inferior to death strike at the time because of the huge damage boosts blood had to death strikes damage in cata. especially by dragon soul when the trinket i mentioned was available.

death strike had a glyph at the time iirc that increased death strike damage based on how much additional rp you had further boosting the damage. tanks with high vengeance stacks in pvp with that trinket were absolutely busted. especially blood since it was heavily focused on the self healing aspect of its kit.

1 Like

Contradictions exist in the lore. The class. The spec. This thread. Mismatched socks on my feet…just got to keep moving forward…twink farming.

1 Like

Obliterate sucked terribly for blood to use. Yes death strike with 3 point invested in the talent as well as the glyph was the way to go. Now that you reminded me of all that I’m not sure what that dude was talking about. The tool tip still read the same while in blood spec but it dealt crap damage. Blood always took a cut to strength and attack power I think is why. Switch to unholy spec or frost spec and the strength and attack power returned. I want to say that the glyph and 3 talent points jacked your death strike crit chance way up as well as the raw damage. Cata was a good time to be a blood dk! Vengeance was awesome. The problem was that it worked quite well in PVP too hehe.

1 Like

2h is gone, just gotta keep moving forward. Right? Or can I not use that argument to show how bad it actually is since any change in the game the “gotta keep moving forward” argument can be applied.

Bad gearing system? Just gotta keep moving forward. Drain Soul being a dps loss over not picking any talents? Just gotta keep moving forward. Weapon options gone? Just gotta keep moving forward. They turned Arthas into a gingerbread man that just shoots icing and gum drops, just gotta keep moving forward.

What this 2h group is doing is going against what you are actually saying to do. Just move on.

Though I know how absolutely horrible that argument is and never use it unless its to point out how bad it is.

I think they did remove Obliterate for Blood in cata since it went straight tank and there was no need to have it in its kit. The talent gave it a 120% damage increase, 30% crit chance and 45% healing increase in cata. It was less than that in wrath however with it increasing the damage by 30%, crit chance by 6% and healing by 50%. Just think if cata had armor pen and Blood had improved death strike, vengeance and armor pen.

I actually got bored of it since if the players didnt know how to play against it you automatically won. It was just too much.

I agree with the first part about how Arthas didn’t get corrupted by Frostmourne in Stratholme, only after picking it up during his pursuit of Mal’Ganis. But I still wanna reforge the sword anyway, and with the Forge of Domination, we can use both the artifact and Frostmourne’s hilt to restore the blade. We can even use a process similar to Shadowmourne’s creation using the Forge of Domination. And I was thinking of giving the real sword to Bolvar, while we get tmog copies of it as a reward for restoring Frostmourne.

1 Like

I’d prefer to give Bolvar his dignity back first after that butt kicking he took.

1 Like

Gimme back mah 2h frost, Hard hittings obliterates and dope 2h mogs!

9 Likes

But Stratholme is that fateful first step that had to be taken for Arthas to obtain Frostmourne and become the Lich King. Pretty evil. Beyond anything death knight players have done yet. We kill a few people in the scarlet enclave dk starter zone and I killed a red dragon to reanimate it as a class mount. But I don’t feel evil enough for Frostmourne yet.

I think it would take something drastic for us to obtain it. Nothing heroic. But then again I’d be happy to use a 2 handed copper sword at this point!

Just my opinion.

1 Like

I said I think since there was absolutely no reason to even open your spell book to look for it. I really don’t see the problem in what I responded to another person with.

Once again trying to shut down the obvious want for the return of 2handed frost by continuing to be the top commenter on every single forum related to the subject. Imagine that. And ontop of that imagine not even playing the spec in any relevant content for the entire expansion and then make points related to the balance of the spec as if its relevant

7 Likes

Define “obvious want”… it’s the same 5-6 people asking for it in 10+ threads.

I want it too! I just have nothing to add to the convo.

5 Likes

/Ten chars

We killed a lot of innocent people during the Acherus quest-line. During the the class order hall campaign we murdered several paladins in an attempt to corrupt Tyrion Fordring’s soul and bring him back as a DK, which is basically a toned version of Arthas’ siege of Quel’Thalas. We’re in a live multiplayer game though, so one class is not going to get an extensive storyline like an actual character from a story. If that were the case, then we would probably have a questline that takes in vivid detail through the horrors of Lordaeron and the siege of Silvermoon.

[Confusion]

3 Likes