It's time.. Frost DK and 2 handed weapons

i mean, setting the bar that low is just laughable.
AFK graveyard in frostwolf and shadowmoon where great for gold farming but nothing else right? XD

1 Like

TBH I’m fine with the playstyles, it’s aesthetics that are the issue for me, so yes, I’d be fine with just dropping the restrictions and playing as is. Also…

…this is just, like, your opinion, man. If the aesthetics are bad I’m just not going to play. This isn’t to say that it’s fine if the gameplay is bad, it’s just a package deal.

6 Likes

Question:

Answer:

Disregarding all of these ironic accusations, never mind pointless conversations about past mechanics. I am talking about now. You keep pretending like you have a doctorate in DK studies with these text walls, and love to tell other people what they should and should not want for the present and future of the class, but you’re sitting on 379 item level with, again, zero Raid progress, zero Mythic Keystone progress, and zero PvP progress. You literally do nothing with the class, but want to dictate its future like you’re the developer.

8 Likes

I never got around to pointing that out that Bolvar (Lich King 2.0) also uses a 2 handed weapon. Maybe he has glyph of shifting presences as well so he could retain 70% of his runic power when he switched red to blue?

Point being yet another iconic lore character that is a Death Knight using a 2 handed weapon. I wonder why he didn’t use 2 one handers against the wench? Was his obliterate too slow? No wait a second…2 hand can’t obliterate. Or frost strike. Poor Bolvar was relying on auto attacks and flying saronite shards. Yeah the class needs an overhaul.

4 Likes

Which has been her focus the entire time. Trying to get this thread locked and closed. Like one of the other dk threads that was closed about a month ago. I think we’re ok as long as it doesn’t get too personal here we can keep it open. I mean I posted on Christmas day at 933 and now we’re up at 1140+ posts? I’m glad everyone found some time to voice their opinions and concerns about the state of our class over the holidays. Suffer well!

5 Likes

Oh shut up with your character bashing, I still have more knowledge about frost than you do despite all that.

What a worthless post, yet again.

It’s actually a majority opinion. In BFA beta and launch most of the people complained about the playstyle since it’s what you do 90% of the time.

When you play are you paying attention to the numbers popping up on screen? You shouldn’t be, are you looking at your character to see the weapon type? You shouldn’t be. There are just basics that you should be doing other than what you guys are worrying about.

The only ones that get threads locked are the people who character bash or talk trash which is the 2h side because they have no other argument.

Your complete absence of game progression says otherwise. It’s been a year and a half and you have nothing to show for your class. The biggest problem I have is that you’re the least progressed DK player in these threads, but the abysmal majority of the replies are from you. There is no reason anybody should accept your opinions and complaints about the future of a class that you don’t even use. Is Blizzard supposed to take suggestions from a season 1 Heroic Dungeoneer???

2 Likes

Though I don’t like assuming the worst, I think you may be right. They’ve even admitted to trolling already. It’s a shame honestly.

It’s really surged the last few days, it was pretty quiet around Christmas/New Year. It’s good for it to stay active though, greasy wheel gets the big sword.

3 Likes

Game progression is not the same as game knowledge and you are proof of that since you don’t have knowledge. Game progression can mean any number of things. You paid for it, you got carried by friends, you know hot to play the priority game, it does not transfer into game knowledge.

There are theorycrafters that can’t play the game well but they like doing all the maths and stuff, there are mythic raiders that can’t do theory crafting but their mechanics are good.

Your argument just shows how absolutely sad you are and how little you actually know to bring this stupid argument up again that was absolutely wrecked months ago.

It sounds like you know know how to project since you have weak and pathetic arguments.

It’s the same people on your side of the isle, and I don’t mean 2h, I mean this group of 4 people bullying people.

What arguments are you referring to? I’ve demonstrated mine with videos, citations, pictures, and in-game progress. You have done none of that.

1 Like

You could have bought your in game progress or gotten carried and your videos and pictures did absolutely nothing to help your argument since you dont even have one.

Just look at you trying to puff yourself up while being so low that you cant defend what you have said and have to character bash yet again. If anyone is going to get this thread shut down its you and those like you.

Get some better arguments, maybe you should start actually reading stuff and gaining some knowledge than ignoring it since it support your side of the argument.

Respond when you have something worth saying, otherwise you have just lost to any rational person.

Have nothing to say against what I did other than “oh yeah well… uh… you have a low ilvl and no raid progress!”? Have fun getting threads shut down with your pal Frostlich.

This is in response to your increasing boldness and hostility within the threads. You’ve been trolling and bashing people for the past week now, without provocation. You seem to have some elevated view of your own validity on class matters and I can’t figure out why.

3 Likes

No, that response is because you have absolutely nothing. You didnt have anything when you brought it up before, and you have nothing now.

People have also been talking trash about me just like you are doing now. I have reported it all and guess what, its still going on. If Blizzard refuses to do something then im left with defending myself. Ive already pointed out that you flag people that arent on your side. You even like their posts when they do it. Why dont you flag their posts when they do it? You still havent answered that. Sorry but I dont like hypocrites.

You have presented absolutely NOTHING of relevance to the discussion. Have you said anything against what I have stated that was correct? No you havent. You even admitted to not reading which is a common theme to your group of buddies.

You guys are the problem on these forums, like a roaming gang using the flagging system so that your ideology is the only one that shows up and its just completely wrong. How absolutely and utterly sad.

Arthas help me, the temptation is strong.

To at least try and keep this on topic, because reminder:

I don’t mind it (especially with Icecap being viable now), I believe I’ve said that before. My primary issue has always been aesthetics.
This is World of Fashioncraft and a big plate-covered abomination wielding two dinky little toothpicks is and always will be terrible looking and dumb.

I want my big sword back.

2 Likes

Its your opinion that they are toothpicks. But, if you absolutely dont care about dps or that everything will be doing 15% less damage other than autos and obliterate then just lift the weapon restrictions. Problem solved… right?

It might be a Worgen thing. The artifacts are absolutely tiny in my big werewolf hands. Most swords are, with exception to the ridiculously huge ones.

I mean, I played 2h despite it being sub-optimal for years. I don’t think DPS is the deciding factor for anyone posting in support of it.

5 Likes

I havent ever been against that. In fact I was actually attempting to make it so there was hardly any dps loss.

The very fact that they spent 2 expansions trying to balance the different playstyles would suggest people cared about dps.

I dont think anyone has suggested to not just remove weapon restrictions. If thats what the extent of it actually is then there would be absolutely nothing to say about it. The only warning would be, you would do less damage and thats it.