It's time.. Frost DK and 2 handed weapons

So if I go back to Legion (an expansion I missed the first half of) I will find a different story?

I did Legion content.

Normal mode raiding in Legion. Like I said, taking the authority approach isn’t for you. If I am mistaken please feel free to correct me.

Why the heck you lyin’?
Why the heck you lyin’?
Ooooh my god
Why the heck you lyin’?

I did normal and heroic raiding in Legion.

2 Likes

It isn’t showing that on raider io. Different character perhaps?

You got AotC, your DK didn’t. Or the website is lying to me.

But having a clue and having a say are two different things. The two of you discussing who is “better” doesnt help anyone and it doesnt matter if the end goal could be that both could play their prefered version of their prefered spec.

2 Likes

How does one not having a clue give validity to their opinion?

Nope. Was this one. Was trying to build up to get the armor I’m wearing now. My guild quit raiding before we got out of heroic and into mythic. Did Normal/heroic Emerald Nightmare, Suramar’s raid, and Odyn/Helya’s raid.

1 Like

So an opinion is worth something when?
Completed mythic?
Heroic?
Above a spesific rating in pvp?
Raider io score?
When spesificly ?

Yeah i disagree here. Most players dont push mythic and their opinion for what they want in the game are just as valid as your or mine no matter what they do.

2 Likes

Telling people 2H Frost was as viable as DW the majority of the time is a lie and proving that they don’t do content shows that they are clueless. Simple really.

I agree. It wasn’t as viable as dual wield. It was flat superior.

I proved you were clueless. You lied about wotlk. I proved you wrong with valid examples. And you keep ignoring PVP.

Simple, really.

2 Likes

PvP is a side game.

Show me 2H Frost being better the majority of the time please. Need some proof.

So are raids and dungeons, world quests, and pet battles.

Literally all of the patch notes from WotLK’s launch, leading up until Legion.

You’re welcome.

1 Like

The first real frost spec was shadowfrost dw bro lol. It was so broken OP they had to nerf it.

DK in general was overpowered in WotLK. They had to nerf a lot of DK stuff. I could solo 3 man arena teams – and I always used a two hander.

Yeah and Frost was the best tank spec too. So…

That wasn’t my point… the first meta spec for frost was shadowfrost. It got nerfed within a week of people starting serious raiding because it was top tier aoe and st dps.

With this, I agree with you 100%.

Ultimately, the amount of time DW was superior for was greater than the amount of time 2H was better for. That’s what happens when you drop double damage buffs on one playstyle and buff the mechanical weapon functionality while the other gets a 10% increase.

Obligatory: I don’t remember every DK patch note from 10 years ago.

It’s a fallacy to make the argument that something is better because it was overpowered. DW got buff after buff after buff. And then some. Of course it was going to outperform 2H at some point. The sensible argument isn’t for straight damage, though. It’s for balance and effectiveness. 2H would be fine it weren’t for the implementation of Dual-Wielding. Dual-Wielding ruined 2H. Not the other way around.

2 Likes

I played all three specs during WotLK.

You know how Shadowfrost worked, right? It didn’t have anything to do with weapon attacks. It empowered your spells. So, when Shadowfrost was still in the game and not nerfed, yeah, double stacking it let you nuke people. Then they removed it, and dual wield was crap.

Heck, you even said it: They nerfed it hella quickly.

2 Likes

What does it matter about weapon attacks? lol. It was about interaction with the spec itself.