It's time.. Frost DK and 2 handed weapons

Some people can’t have change they have to have their class their way and if its not then the class is ruined. That is why he is fighting so hard about dw being better than 2h. He doesn’t want their to be a possibility that dw could be out shined by 2h.

3 Likes

Are you asking me for in-game numbers from 10 years ago? If you actually played the game when all of this was happening then you wouldn’t need me to demonstrate anything. For someone that didn’t actually play, all you have to go on is video footage and patch notes. At least in the patch notes you can clearly see a consistent manner of buffs added to the Dual-Wielding playstyle in several failed attempts to make it proportionally attractive in comparison to 2H. I was there when it these things happened. Dual-Wielding needed god-mode buffs to catch up to 2H. DW was mechanically mediocre then, and it is proportionally worse now. Obliterate and Frost Strike max out at what, 30k?

4 Likes

Monkiy doesn’t even play Death Knight. She’s just a troll.

3 Likes

Figured as she is hiding behind a classic char.

2 Likes

Dual wield DK has been the better Frost spec for the great majority of the time Frost DK has been a spec, dps wise.

Saying anything else is dishonest or pulled out of thin air.

You may have played 2H the whole time but you most likely don’t do content that requires you to be good at your class or pull your own weight.

Just say you want 2H because it looks cool. Refrain from lying about the past.

I am just telling you what I see on my server so that is what I base my experiences on. you might have dw the whole entire time dose not matter to me. I just think we should have the option to have 2h frost back along with dw. And for them to both be viable.

4 Likes

I don’t Dual Wield or 2H. I don’t play Frost and I never have. I prefer playing Unholy, the REAL DK spec.

To be honest I never cared about aligning against Frost 2H weapons until the kids here cried for Unholy to become the dual wield spec. Your cause lost my support at that time permanently.

i played 2h right up till i couldnt. i like having a choice

7 Likes

Well then if it does not effect you then st*u. Tired of people who do not even play the spec fighting about the spec.

7 Likes

To be honest I never cared about aligning against Frost 2H weapons until the kids here cried for Unholy to become the dual wield spec. Your cause lost my support at that time permanently.

I’ll say whatever I want. Try to stop me, I dare you.

I’m asking you to prove the claim that you yourself said demonstrable. Instead you went on a bit of a rant without proving the point you claimed.

The fact that I did play is the entire reason I’m contesting your claim. This is just deflecting from your lack of proof so far.

Citation needed. I already went through all of Wrath’s patch notes before I made my previous point that the two weapon types were never balanced for during Wrath. Tuning changes happened, but adding ToT was the only time weapons were ever specified in the notes, and there was no way to really tune for each weapon choice prior to that.

Another baseless Dreadmoore attack. I’ve participated on these forums for longer than you. Boo hoo.

1 Like

Well unlike the others I do not feel that unholy should lose 2h but open it up to dw also.

3 Likes

I don’t want an Unholy DW option. I want 2H only. I got all of my artifact appearances and I don’t want to not be able to use them because DW becomes the go to spec.

The problem with these posters is that they decided to be disingenuous instead of just saying “I want 2H back because it looks cool.”

Then they run into people that have played this game and have better memories apparently and just start throwing out nonsense. Comical really.

That “threat” at the end is just cringy and doesnt help anyone so jusy drop that. That said, you beeing unholy and not wanting to dw either is a fair point with value. I can only speak for myself here, but when advocating for 2H frost it should not be at a cost for unholy to go dw, or frost dw to go away. But rather all of theese options to exist so players can pick their playstyle themselves. One option will always be mathematiccly better no matter what, that doesnt mean fun and interesting choices cant exist.

4 Likes

Dual-wield Unholy is probably even less likely to happen than 2H Frost. The devs deliberately broke Unholy’s ability to even play a sub-par spec with dual weapons twice in Wrath itself, and I believe once after that as well (cannot remember the timeframe for the life of me). They didn’t like the fringe PvP use it got in late WoD either, and removed the ability for the spec to even equip dual weapons after that. That ship is much farther gone.

Legion and BFA are not the majority of the time Frost DK has been a spec.

Ah, so that’s why you’re lying.

No, you haven’t.

This isn’t even close to my oldest post. It’s just an easy one to search for on google.

3 Likes

Not as cringeworthy as all of the extraneous “e” letters you use. “Beeing”, “theese” etc.

Thats your counter? For agreeing with you mostly? English is not my first language so my bad but jesus. Really?

4 Likes

No, pointing out something equally as worthless as what you did. Dumb, huh?

Stick to the point and we can get much further ahead in the discussion.