It's time.. Frost DK and 2 handed weapons

I don’t agree with you here.

That pushes people into things. Min/makers are already annoying as is.

I do think they should do away with tribal racial like shadow dmg reduction etc. Or come out with actual meaningful racials in addition to those…

Well I just quoted several additional reasons for that.

If you get offended by assertive language or whatever jargon gets used in the midst of heated debates, then you shouldn’t be on the internet. This has mostly been a material-rich debate among several different threads related to 2H Frost, even if a few character jabs were thrown. But, ultimately, it is a conventional discussion about facts and experiences within the game. This is what happens in a normal debate. Nobody cares about your feelings. I still think you’re trolling.

4 Likes

Well we are already forced into things as it is. To quote some DK’s the pvp spec for dk is Unholy. And frost should never get its 2h back that dual wield is all that frost can get. And then there are other specs that suffer in pvp (enhancement shaman) to name one.

Yes I play enhancement shaman also. When I choose a class I look at pvp and pve sides of the class. I think again this is my opinion that all classes-specs can be balanced for pvp and pve but blizzard just does not want to do it.

I have a few issues with dk’s but I do understand they are supposed to be hard hitting Juggernauts and a slow class. But come on they could give us better movement abilities. And the fact that we can be melted from full health to 0 in seconds in pvp by some classes is also stupid. Again its my own thoughts here.

Conceptual admission to trolling. Flagged.

2 Likes

I already stated I agreed with restrictions being lessened. What is the point of this post?

I also agree that having mobility as a con doesn’t feel good. I get everyone can’t be rogues and Dhs, but I’m sure that could add cool unique ways for everyone to get around.

Conceptual admission of harassment. Flagged.

3 Likes

Okay the whole “some people were rude asking for X, so the rest of you should not have it” mentality just doesnt work or help anyone so just drop that. That said, i perfectly understand your point of not wanting to lose 2h unholy for 2h frost.

Personally i want 2h frost back and i would play that almost no matter what. In my personal opinion, the whole weapon restriction should go away for Shadowlands as well. No matter what, there will always be one mathematically superior playstyle, and personally, if that happened to be DW i wouldnt care in the slightest.

Im not asking for unholy to lose its 2h. Im not asking for frost to lose its dw. Im asking for 2h BACK for frost as an option, or whatever it takes. More options for the class is only a good thing, even though, again, there will always be a mathematicly and probably mechanicly superior option. That really doesnt matter as much as player CHOICE in the matter.

If i swing my 2h and get my big obliterates but am some % in dps behind dw frost and the people defending dw frost then fine, why should that be that big of a deal? I don’t get the whole “dont bring it back” arguments if it all was a choice, and DW still was an (possibly superior) option?

6 Likes

I commend you for going about the topic better than your peers but nothing will be dropped over here.

The only thing dropping actually is the chance of 2h frost ever coming back as long as people continue to be needlessly rude and PA.

As the saying goes “a few bad apples can ruin the batch”.

And THATS how the cookie crumbles.

Just popping in to add my support. Been maining a frost dk for 5 expansions. I missed 2h it when it went away and I eagerly await for its return.

8 Likes

This definitely. This obnoxious mentality is infecting the threads. The person using it has brought no subject material to the conversation. Just idle threats and infantile condescension that provides no flavor to the thread. Flag them, ignore them, and move on.

^

^

^

^

^

That is really common psychology. People that already have what satisfies them don’t want other people in the same group potentially changing what they have by asking for something that satisfies them. That is what the DW apologists in this thread have repeatedly admitted themselves. Now that would be more easily received if the approach wasn’t “SHUT UP ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT YOU AREN’T GETTING IT AND EVEN IF YOU DID IT WOULD RUIN EVERYTHING WHICH IS WHY YOU LOST IT IN THE FIRST PLACE ASK FOR A GLYPH OR SOMETHING BUT SHUT UP!” That is not the approach people are receptive to, and thus these threads are going to continue until an ultimatum or finality is reached.

5 Likes

I just want the choice to play as a Two-Handed Frost Death Knight again. I miss it.

8 Likes

I never said I didnt want it to return, I never said I wanted it too either. There is not just 2 sides of this argument and there is a middle ground but people that want 2h soooo bad, bringing up Bolvar saying “AHA! See 2h frost” didnt watch the cinematic because he got utterly destroyed, have their heads in the sand and dont want to listen to anything unless its for 2h support.

There is always, ALWAYS going to be a cookie cutter build unless they pull some weird stuff like in BFA with some classes that one item can throw everything out of wack. Some people might not be able to play that build that does the best which is fine.

Ya time for no more arbitrary restrictions. Rogue dagger and sword. Frost dk two handed. Unholy dk two spell pen swords. Blood dk dps.

8 Likes

I personally don’t use cinematics as comparisons or sources of information for in-game material, but I am pretty sure Blizzard gave Bolvar a 2H Mace because a massive, clunky, heavyweight, flaming brute would look stupid with two one-handers. No matter what the situation is, be it a game or reality, 2H weaponry is definitively more attractive and awesome than 1H. I am fairly certain that’s the psychology of “bigger is better”.

Perhaps this was purely to make him look cool for the cinematic, yet it is still up for scrutiny considering it is a well-known fact that a sizable number of people want 2H Frost back. So, if it is definitely not coming back, then the developers were either spitting in our faces or are hopelessly oblivious for missing that detail.

6 Likes

It completely depends on what it is for the weapon. Like berserkers for example usually have 2 1h weapons.

It’s just people always use the Lich King as an example of a 2h frost dk, when lore characters don’t use any singular spec. Arthas used remorseless winter and then the rest was unholy abilities. Bolvar used a whole whopping 2 abilities and a bunch of auto attacks which all did nothing to Sylvanas. He has an army at his disposal and didn’t use them, he raised more death knights apparently for this very reason and didn’t use them, could call the ebon blade and they would of been there because I highly suspect they don’t like her either.

Either for some funky reason he was so weak that he couldn’t do anything, or Blizzard just isn’t good with their lore which it’s totally out of wack now.

Say he was a 2h frost Dk, wouldn’t that show it sucks since he utterly lost? Was he even the Lich King since parts of the lore say the helm just gives the wearer the ability to control the scourge and that Ner’zhul wasn’t in the armor anymore though that makes the question of why we’re him and Arthas still in the weapon fragments? It’s just all over the place really. If Sylvanas put the crown on she would of been offed right then and there since the previous Lich King was still alive.

You can look at the cinematic in however you want. Blizzard might be spitting in the face of 2h players, or they don’t know the lore, or he was extremely weak and was at the throne for some kind of recharge and that is all he could muster. If there is this many holes in something with just a cinematic of the Lich King getting worked over what is the expansion going to be like?

No, because he clearly tried use a 2H in BFA Frost spec which is why he only used Remorseless and two missed auto-attacks lol. He definitely didn’t use Obliterate or Frost Strike. He did in fact use Army of the Dead if one is to be technical about it, and look how turned out. The cinematic really has no mechanical bearing on the game though. A Marksman Hunter never stood a chance against 2H, and it definitely doesn’t make sense that Bolvar didn’t think to pull those purple-fizzing arrows out of his chest, as well as the materializing chains that came from them. Zero logic even for the game.

3 Likes

Exactly, so hes not a Frost Dk. He was the Lich King not bound by specializations. And he didnt use Army of the Dead, he was just put in place to control the already army that Arthas has created. He didnt even use the abilities that the Lich King did in the Lich King fight.

She also didnt need the arrows apparently to produce the chains. How else did she stop him from swinging his weapon with chains appearing on it? Its a whole mess, clearly, and that is why these other people really need to stop looking at lore characters and what they do. Do marksman hunters have the ability to hit people with arrows and chain them to… something? If not, why? Shes a marksman hunter right? If no because its another ability, then the Lich King cannot be bound by in game mechanics because Lich King and Death Knight arent the same thing. People need some consistency but they see something they can use to push their narrative. If they can do it then anyone else can while using their narrative to defeat it.

2 Likes

Yes. Binding Arrow.

For Bolvar, you’re correct. If we’re talking about Arthas, he was a Death Knight.

The cinematic was, definitely. I personally disliked it on YouTube because the fight itself was so nontheatrical and nonsensical.

2 Likes

And it has been primarily a dual wield spec since it’s inception. Get a clue.

2 Likes

Threat of Thassarian did not exist at WotLK’s launch.

:sunglasses:

3 Likes