It's That Time of the Year Again: Remove School of Hard Knocks from Children's Week Meta Achievement

Lol, so you didn’t even earn it legit? You just cheesed it by colluding with the other faction…
The hypocrisy.

12 Likes

“What a long strange trip it’s been” means this. You, the player, went ALL OVER the World of Warcraft and did a little bit of EVERYTHING. It must be looked at like that. It must stay that way.

Wow, what a great achievement. It actively encouraged you to play the game wrong and ruin it for anyone who didnt queue for the achievement but for actual PvP.

17 Likes

So you cheesed the achievement and didn’t do it the intended way like many others were forced to do? Got it.

5 Likes

Every single time this came up someone comes in asks why the people complaining didn’t cheese it with two accounts like they did lol

4 Likes

“So what if your team reported you for trying to do the objective? They wanted an achievement.”

If I thought this opinion was serious I’d be worried because it would show a level of weirdness I just can’t get. Why not just be pleased that nobody else has to go through that wretched achievement. It stopped me for 5 years from getting my Drake and Im happy that nobody else will need to go through that.

Just be happy for others, ok???

7 Likes

I earned mine yesterday after years of getting frustrated and quitting the attempt. This year I finally got it. Not fun at all. Posted on Twitter my thought that it should be reworked or removed. Glad others don’t have to endure the frustration. Good move, Blizz :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yeah I got School of Hard Knocks. Did any of you filthy casuals try paying for two accounts like I did?

It may sister hunter but its just getting to be too much change in this game lately with handing off these achievements to new player that doesn’t seem to want to work together to get them done like we did years back …I mean I flag dropped for my team in WSG to allow the horde to get the flag…it can be done but nobody wants too figure it out.

As for a special title I don’t want that I am damn proud I got it back when it was hard and we had to work together both sides…

Agree. My problem with this achievement in general:

1. It’s a meta to get a meta to get a meta, which is bad enough in itself. (Hard Knocks>For The Children>Long Strange Trip)

2. It requires completing actual PVP objectives–which is different from GNERD Rage just getting some HKs with candy or Let It Snow which technically didn’t even need a BG-- in that it takes a lot more effort, planning and PVP skill, not to mention cooperation from one or both factions (unless you’re really good at PVP in which case you probably don’t mind this achievement). There are people that will help but there are also people that will go out of their way to make it difficult or impossible.

3. Actually getting into a BG to do these objectives in the first place is ridiculous due to the sheer volume of other people actually trying to do this achievement.

4. (Minor aggravation) The child despawning due to your death could easily mean you finally meet the objective–but guess what, it didn’t count because you had to rush over to do whatever it was before someone else did and you just got ganked 5 seconds ago.

It’s not that we don’t want to work. I did it anyway. I went through it even though I’d rather take a bath in muriatic acid than willingly PVP. But it’s not fair to anyone, not to the PVEers that don’t like PVP and not to the PVPers that have to deal with PVEers not knowing what to do and interfering with their enjoyment trying to get this achievement.

There’s a big difference between “hey go kill some of the other faction” and “hey we need to actually make a detailed guide on how to do this one because of the way the objectives work in BGs”.

This would be like asking PVPers to go do specific M+ achievements. It’s OK to enjoy different parts of the game, but when you’re forced into a role you don’t feel comfortable with, it’s not a good time for anyone.

As a little clarity on this, this isn’t entirely an accurate comparison. Getting AOTC requires purely PVE. An achievement like Long Strange Trip is almost purely PVE, but then this craziness of an achievement is thrown in as a requirement. It’s a distinct tonal shift and requiring both regular PVE and serious PVP work is problematic for many.

11 Likes

You didn’t even get it the hard way lol

12 Likes

That’s literally handing out the achievement.

5 Likes

I got the achievment a year before you did and I didnt cheese it by working with the other side. I got it legit. I put in more actual effort than you did. By your own standards you were just handed the achievement by coordinating with the other faction. Participation trophy.

8 Likes

This is precisely why that achieve is so bad. “Real” PvPers have to suffer with incompetent team mates for all of Children’s Week. As much as I hate PvP, I hated ruining things for others even worse. Still, I queued and did it because I had to. I’m glad this won’t be a problem any more.

9 Likes

My team didn’t report me I talked with them all and how to get it done the easy way…they listened to me and didn’t kill the Horde that came to pick up and drop the flag…we did the same in the Towers of AV …we told our team not to kill the horde player and let them change the flag so we could change it back…

Its called team work but it seems today’s player base doesn’t want to work as a team like we use too…

It’s called win trading :crazy_face:

5 Likes

They really should just retire the current holiday achievements and do some new ones. School of Hard Knocks was a nightmare to do and I still remember when players could kill your kid. Sometimes you have to do content you don’t like to get the rewards you want. I am okay with this when it comes to optional content like holidays and mounts.

Even I went through the effort of making a twink for the pvp achievements since it was easier than doing it with max level character and cut down on having to fight my own team to do it

You know I use to take non pvp players into the BG for years and get them this done its called team work…If I can take green pvp player and get them their dragons others can but you got to work together…but you all seem to be in your own little world anymore.