It's That Time of the Year Again: Remove School of Hard Knocks from Children's Week Meta Achievement

I am happy us old people can finally get it as well. I still need one dungeon with the orphan but I can do that.

I have been waiting since the event started for this change…and I am old. I just really really really really hate PvP and the idea of taking a child in there.

9 Likes

I am one of those who despises PvP. Though I did this achieve years ago, I salute this change.

16 Likes

Are you really on the Community Council? I will post about this… Thank you. “I am glad they finally stopped listening to people who said that.” Wow, nice.

1 Like

I got it back then too. This is a good change. Quit being a downer.

14 Likes

Damn Skippy Haroc Damn Skippy I will…very few lot at my kills…and have a mouth drop when they learn I have over 410,000 HK on my belt.

Crazy it stuck around for so long.
I did it back the first year it was added, maybe second. One of the least enjoyable things I’ve done and I was actively running BGs a lot back then.
You could tell who was there just for the achievement, ignoring everything but the achievement criteria and bailing once they did it or the chance was gone.

I am for the removal of it btw if that wasn’t clear.

5 Likes

No I won’t change my mind …its a slap in the face to those of us that worked our tails off to get the Achievement the right way…its Blizzards way of saying that me as a seasoned player isn’t wanted in the game anymore…they are bending too the cry babies over and over.

1 Like

In a lot of situations i’d agree with you, but not this one, the achievement was awful and was a nightmare to get, not only for the person that needed it but for the other people in the BG too. Now, if we’re talking about people begging for weekly raid lockouts to be removed on old content, i’d agree with you, people should have to wait for their weekly attempts at stuff just like everyone who came before them.

5 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Then leave.

The achievement was an actively unfun achievement that not only ruined the event for non-PvP players, but ruined BGs for actual PvPers who had to deal with people who have never done any PvP flooding BGs just to try and get the achievement.

14 Likes

Oh please, don’t you think you’re being a little melodramatic??

17 Likes

Hard disagree.
It required playing the game wrong to complete it, actively hindering the rest of the group for one person’s gain.

19 Likes

This was a few years back.

I was in a tower in AV just absolutely tunneling a healer. They’re just barely out healing my damage but they aren’t getting the chance to heal their teammates while mine pick them off and clear out the tower.

After what seemed like too long, I started to wonder why my team didn’t help with the healer or the Horde hadn’t killed me.

The priest was the only Horde in the tower. I was surrounded by Alliance teammates and they were all just standing there. Threatening to report me en masse. For trying to kill a blood elf in Alterac Valley.

This was a good change. The achievement has always been un-fun for most, and saying “I did it so others should have to too” isn’t good for the community. People can still do the achievement if they want, but now many people can enjoy the drake and that makes me very happy! Great job Blizz! :blush:

9 Likes

rubs eyes wait what? So it must’ve been staged then? Like a staged BG? I’ve no idea how that rolled

Everyone needs to look at this like this. Think of it like this…This achievement scenario is not any different than getting “AOTC” mount at the end of an expansion. Some people don’t like to raid. BUT YOU CAN ONLY GET IT, if you participate in the raid. Same as for pvpers and ranks and titles, and mounts. This achievement is not really any different at all. As a matter of fact, it’s WAY easier than an AOTC achievement or anything in rated pvp.

Saying this as someone who got this achievement years ago. GOOD. It wasn’t even a “difficult” achievement to get. Just annoying and tedious and had no reason being required for the violet protodrake since nothing else required PvP

6 Likes

That is when both sides worked together for common good in getting the achievement done…I did the same thing in WSG in 2010…I was leader of the team and told everyone to stay in the hold and not kill the horde player that came in …then I went to the other side and into the horde keep and picked up the flag and dropped it for the horde players to pick up…see it can be done but today’s players are too freaking lazy too work things out …they all wanted it handed to them.

Also, when was it ever appropriate for a Council member to specifically call out one person that they didn’t agree with in a post. When we are all basing our opinions on stuff?

Totally required skill to remember to keep my orphan activated as I frantically try to click the flag before someone else trying to get the same achievement does that same

1 Like

You know, this post sounds a lot like whining and crying to me. I mean, it’s seriously childish to be upset that one achieve out of the whole slew of achieves required for the meta is being changed. You still have your achieve, and no one’s taking it away from you.

A (slightly) more mature approach might be to ask Blizzard to give a special title to those of us who actually did “School of Hard Knocks.” Maybe something like “The Battleground Tutor.”

15 Likes