It's That Time of the Year Again: Remove School of Hard Knocks from Children's Week Meta Achievement

There are people who have been trying to do this single achievement for years lol. It’s an awful achievement and needed to be removed from the requirements years ago

6 Likes

It was still a very tedious achievement that didn’t fit the theme of the meta and shouldn’t have been a part of it in the first place.

3 Likes

I think people who have spent a year completing every other achievement tried. When one achievement holds a lot of people back for 10+ years that sends a message to Devs.

The specific achievement is bad for PvE players and PvP players has has been extensively posted about.

7 Likes

Full support. To hell with them kids.

Its cute the way they go back, find some relevant post from 2 years ago and use that to show that hey, we’re listening to you, here it is!

Not that I mind, its a good change, well done Devs.

You can tell they lost a lot of subs this expansion because they are going for every easy win they can get right now lol.

All of them

Raids are gone forever now

The 10.0 raid will be the very last one

1 Like

You’ll live.

5 Likes

Let me know when they remove soft hand.

I hadn’t thought of it this way, but the devs can certainly see how many people have all the “For the Children” achieves except this one. And how many of those have all the achieves for “What a Long Strange Trip” except “For the Children.” Those statistics likely swayed their decision more than any “whining” on the forums.

7 Likes

Thanks, I can’t pvp
I admit it

2 Likes

It was stupid to create an achievement that required you to interfere with your team’s attempt to win a battleground.

6 Likes

I just did this on Tuesday. Took about 3 hours of queuing for those BGs specifically. Was very annoying but certainly not impossible. Waiting for the BG queue pops was the most annoying part.

1 Like

I was just responding to your claim that you didn’t know anyone who enjoyed it to do it more after being forced to do it - i.e. your own anecdotal data.

well so is PvP a fundamental part of this game - up to shadowlands lore could be ignored.

they are still listening to people who do dungeons and raids too much in regards to some content but the people I hate them listening to most - is the come and go people who barely play the game and who want all the rewards anyway.

doesn’t have to be that way if people talk to each other - you are horde though. I strongly suspect most people who were having problems doing this were playing horde and it seems your groups were more competitive and less likely to help.

all it was for the most is just getting to the flag/base first and clicking on a flag.

No it’s not?

It’s a side part of the game.

It has never been a focal point of the game. Literally ever.

You may consider it the main part of the game, and that’s your choice, but it’s not a main part of the game.

Just like Pet Battles are the game for me, but I’m not gonna claim it’s a fundamental part of the game.

9 Likes

It is actually more part of the game than forcing lore on people through forced role play which is what they did this expansion.

I have played 10 years and this is the only expansion lore was forced on people almost constantly. If lore was a fundamental part of the game I wouldn’t have been able to ignore it for 10 years. PvP has been around for all that time and has been required a few times but nothing like the forced lore.

I find it hilarious though, that almost everyone is totally okay with certain types of game play being forced on others as long as that person likes them.

We had this same discussion in legion and people were quitting the game because often people who do professions a lot don’t do dungeons. That expansion forced people who do professions as their main game play to do dungeons. The same argument was used - it was a fundamental part of the game so ok to force on people.

Will never be as bad as when Blizzard put part of the MOP legendary cloak questline into the MOP Pvp, now that was a Clown Show lol

1 Like

Congrats to everyone that can now get their achievement finished!

3 Likes