It"s real they are doing it

Nowhere did the post say what you did was wrong.

It affects websites and Discord servers selling boosts for RMT, which is exactly what Huokan did. They only advertised a “gold only” service in game, but their website offered other services.

Doubt it. Reason being is, if I were to have the money to transfer a single character, that would be three tokens worth. That’s over half a million gold by itself. Not to mention any other characters I’d want to transfer. With that amount of gold, even a 300,000 gold run would be cheap by comparsion.

I’m in the same battlegroup as you, and the only one I saw regularly spamming trade was a guy named Freeflow or something like that. Flownase? I can’t remember exactly. You’ll see a few on occasion from guilds, but not many.

Yes. Because those websites offer RMT services, too. I investigated them, took screenshots, and reported them to Blizzard. This change only affects those sites and services.

How do you figure? We see some advertisements from guilds occasionally, but not to the extent of once every 15-30 minutes. LEGITIMATE guilds and players making advertisements aren’t the issue here.

It’s going to be pretty hilarious seeing people celebrating this change later come crying about how boosting spam has increased by like 500%

1 Like

No kidding … I am doing the raid just not on this toon

The problem has been getting back to Sylvanas … People seem to drop after a couple or so wipes on Faterscribe and Kel . Didn’t know about the bow and the vault though . So there goes that plan .

And those guilds were probably also selling through one of the boosting organizations. Now they’ll have to do the advertising themselves, expect it to increase. You’re being naive if you think otherwise.

2 Likes

And now they can’t sell through a third party. Sounds fine to me.

You can point the finger at Blizz for a lot, but if there was a server contraction they would charge people to move.

Now there won’t be cross server sales. That means if your server doesn’t have a solid mythic guild on it the. You can’t buy boosts meaning you’re going to transfer to another server because if a single guild has a monopoly on the sale then prices will
Sky rocket.

Until blizzard announces the cost of their mass server transfer service.

Also you can’t buy a heroic clear if your server doesn’t have anyone selling it because you can’t trade gold cross server.

Battle group isn’t the same as server.

2 Likes

If you’re pugging most groups skip fatescribe.

If we aren’t doing a sale we just do the skip.

It doesn’t matter. They aren’t banning it with in-game currency. Nothing will change, unfortunately.

1 Like

Never understood why people actually care about Pve boosts. Literally doesn’t affect you

probably gold will lose value same as token

I don’t care what you think.

1 Like

I bought carries for my alts. Getting geared quickly was valuable to me. I’m indifferent to the news. If not slightly happy.

Well feel free to continue crying over something that doesn’t affect you.

1 Like

Combination Guild /Pug … We set it up but we don’t sell boosts I’m on average probably the only lower ilvl person they take because they know I do follow instructions and have decent situational awareness.

Thanks for your permission, dad.

Isn t ybarra selling guild boosts? I find highly hypocrite to allow guild sales because he does but disallow communities that use websites to not spam trade…

So much anger for something that doesn’t affect you.

Why does boosting bother you? I’m honestly curious.

Following instructions is the most important parts.

No one enjoys being the sacrifice on KT but when it’s your turn it’s your turn

It’s been around since the dawn of time. There’s multiple forms of boosting. It isn’t always m+ 15 keys or whatever it is.

Me going Guardian at 240ilvl in a heroic or m0 and powering a group of 190s through it is boosting as well.

Just free of charge. But a boost is a boost is a boost