It's Official Horde Can't ride the Bee Mount

And what is the cost on the AH currently? How rare of a drop are they?

1 Like

Well there’s your problem. I want to play Nightborne as Alliance and yet I can’t.

So to quote Ion:

If you want to ride a bee mount, the Alliance is waiting for you.

2 Likes

Not really. Many have learned and accepted you have to play both sides to get it all. We are already playing both sides lol.

I for example would love the horde dh glaive from Darkshore usable on this char. I find it one of the better glaive mogs out there. But…it’s a horde design.

Cheaper than the dang horse from Stormsong and donkey form Drustvar. All four of the world drop mounts are really low drop chances though, but the Hyena and Bloodfeaster are a lot easier to farm due to more areas packed fairly dense.

That is irrelevant though. The model isn’t exclusive if Alliance has access to it. That is literally the entire point that a lot of people are missing. The bee is 100% unique and appears to be 100% exclusive to the Alliance. There is no Horde equivalent they can buy or grind mobs to get as a drop.

Currently, on Hyjal. There are 3 Bloodfeaster’s(Blood Tick Flying Spider thing) at 117k. There are 5 Dune Scavengers(Heyna) for 85k. There are 2 Goldenmane Charger’s(horse) for 140k. And there are 2 pack mules(donkey) at 494k. This by itself is another discrepancy. The hyena and bloodfeaster is vastly easier to farm opposed to the horse and donkey. So if Alliance wants one of those, they can join one of the half dozen 2x4 groups that is listed for Nazmir and Voldun almost constantly and grind it out over a few days(if not few hours, depending on luck). Barring that, they could buy them off the AH.

But if I want the horse and donkey(since apparently it’s okay to give Alliance recolors of Horde mounts like…Direhorn’s, Raptors, Pterodactyl’s, even Kodo’s now, due to the rare mob in Darkshore, discounting the Kodo from Brewfest since Horde can get the Ram) I’d have to pay literally over 600k to obtain them. Or, take the farm/grind route and farm in the one or two spots in Stormsong/Drustvar actually halfway decent for 2x4 group farming. I’d love to have a horse that doesn’t have stupid armor covering it from head to toe, I’d love to have a horse without spikes on it just cause “Horde”. Goldenmane makes that a possibility, so I’m content. It’s accessible. You know?

Regardless of how much I ramble, the fact remains that every single Horde “Exclusive” mount has a recolor or reskin option that Alliance has access to. There is literally nothing in the game comparable to the bee. It’s the first of its kind, the first of its model. It is 100% unique.

I mean, if they want to give us a recolor that has a low chance to drop off the Honey Smasher? Great! If they want us to murder the entire reputation faction of bees and crap, then mail us a recolor once we’ve got hated status with them(think old Bloodsail/Booty Bay style stuff), sweet! Or, make the mount account wide once obtained, like Kua’fon and Torcali.

Easy or hard, luck, grind, whatever. The Horde deserves the chance to use such a gorgeous mount.

Or, add something truly 100% unique for us as well. No reskin or recolor of existing mount models from Pandaria. No reskin or recolor available as a rare drop useable for the Alliance. Something 100% Horde only. No ifs, ands or butts. Something to balance out the bee in it’s uniqueness.

Edit:

Lol. I feel you, I think the Alliance glaive from Darkshore is amazing and would love to get it. But alas.

3 Likes

Yes… thousands upon thousands of gold sounds absolutely fair with the 3 horse reskins to make up for it. Sure.

Dont worry, I am sure bee reskins will be added to satisfy players who are complaining and then its back to horde having 2 unique models for their reps this expansion and alliance stuck with horses. I hope it at least is rare and expensive though.

1 Like

You didn’t read a thing I wrote. Not a damn thing. Pterodactyl’s are recolors of mounts both Factions have had access to since Pandaria, same for the Direhorns. Personally though, the Order of Embers horse is amazing and if I’m not riding that one on my Alliance Warlock, I’m using Kua’fon.

And you still are spewing the “unique” garbage. Our rep mounts AREN’T unique since RECOLORS exist obtainable and usable by Horde…and Alliance. Our “Questline” mounts are recolors of existing mounts that both Factions have had access to since Pandaria(what’s that, 6-7 years ago?)

If the Leaping Veinseeker and Dune Scavenger didn’t exist, you’d have a point. But since those exist, please stop acting like there rep counterparts are unique and exclusive.

It’s not unique and exclusive if both Factions have access to the model. Which again, is the main reason a lot of Horde players are upset.

1 Like

Or they realized that people crying upon the forum doesn’t constitute a “problem”?

3 Likes

Too bad scrub. Next time don’t participate in genocide.

Absolutely nothing is stopping you from rolling an Alliance toon and getting this mount.

2 Likes

You want to quit the game and fire employees based off of…

A mount.

Lol.

2 Likes

Well I am going to flat out tell you that if you want fair then alliance should get two NEW models (hyenas and blood ticks are 100% new to this expansion) and their recolors for horde should be rare drops that sell for thousands upon thousands of gold on the AH.

Oh and of course horde should have to wait as long as alliance have had to wait for the bee + the second NEW model. There ya go. Everyone ends up with the same amount of frustation and wares.

Edit: I am agreeing with you about making the bee accessible to horde players (which is what you want I assume), but only if they actually make it as obnoxious as it has been on alliance side.

1 Like

I have an Alliance toon.

Likewise, nothing is stopping you Alliance people whining about unique mounts from farming or buying a Veinseeker or Dune Scavenger. But yall still insist the Hyena from Voldunai and the Bloodfeaster from Talanji’s Expedition are unique and exclusive. Of which, they are not.

Edit: You still are missing the point entirely. lol. I agree the Alliance should’ve had better rep mounts, but it doesn’t change the fact that the “unique” mounts available for Horde rep are available to Alliance as recolors. Thus, making the horde variant not unique and exclusive. Which is what you all are claiming. That is the entire point.

Every Horde “unique” mount, has a recolor that Alliance has access to. Every single one. Can you say that about the mounts on Alliance? Nope.

Edit 2.

And I’d be fine with that. Make it a low drop off Honey Smasher or something. Make it account wide in 8.3 or something. As long as it’s accessible by Horde I have zero problem with it. As far as obnoxious for Alliance, outside of the waiting, the entire issue currently is that the areas are congested with people hunting for Jelly and whatnot, so it’ll be an annoying grind until it dies down a bit. :stuck_out_tongue:

It is absolutely ridiculous that the Bee is ally-only while Kuafon and the Direhorn aren’t horde-only. Add it to the mountain of bad choices made by the devs of BFA.

2 Likes

To be fair, for the longest time Alliance got nothing but horses…whereas Hordies got all the cool stuff

1 Like

Draenei got elekks, Dwarves got rams, Gnomes got robots and Nelfs got nightsabers. It’s only in BFA they stuck to horses because, guess what, the Kul’tirans are HUMANS who ride HORSES.

1 Like

By this logic, the Telanji’s Expedition rep mount should have been another pterrordax, since it’s just another TROLL faction who ride DINOSAURS. Scratch that, both of those two Zandalari faction mounts should have been raptors. Since that’s what trolls ride, amirite?

There were plenty of ways they could have made an interesting Drust/witch-themed mount for the Order of the Embers, or something sea/construction/tentacle-themed for Storm’s Wake…but they didn’t.

And speaking of the pterrordax, this pissing and moaning over the bee mount being unique falls flat when this unique mount/effect is Horde-exclusive:

1 Like

you dont have one of each faction at 120???

Oh no. Players got a free item from an event that required participation.

But tell me which mount is still available in-game today, and when you take inflation into account, is pretty reasonably affordable now.

lol

3 Likes

From a lifetime Horde player…

lol, get over it.

3 Likes

The horde have no honor (or Bee mounts).

You could always switch over to Alliance.