It's not pandering, it's called art

Oh you’re one of those people. Ok, thanks for letting me know I can block you

2 Likes

I’ll take that as a W.

1 Like

I honestly think the real reason they added more LGBTQ+ characters isn’t because they care it’s because they are trying to save face as a company. I personally don’t care about the sexual relationships in this game between anyone much to be honest. All I care about is the drama, the turmoil, anxiety, struggle, and so on about the conflicts and how that shows us the depth of these characters. And where is the focus on mental health? Is Anduin depressed? Is anyone suffering from PTSD after all the last war? Where is that, or perhaps I missed it.

I also don’t think WoW does a great job of developing characters via quest text. But anyway, they could add dozens of whatever types of characters and I wouldn’t care. I care about how the story is developed.

4 Likes

Now this is a hot take I can get behind. Wish I could give you more hearts for upvotes.

1 Like

In general, I agree with you… BUT, a lot of those het-couples aren’t placed right on top of each other. They’re allusion.

When allusion was used, the pro-community said it wasn’t enough. We need to essentially stop just short of explicit content, or we’re just playing house. Which nowadays isn’t even acceptable for het-couples under the pretense that it’s objectification of the female in such representations.

2 Likes

I mean they didn’t write a character that happened to be LGBT, they wrote a character with the explicit end-goal that they would be LGBT. There is nothing you know about these characters aside from the fact that they are gay, they have no character beyond this trait meaning they are characters defined by being LGBT, created to pander to that group and say “hey you got represented, look!”
Why is this npc who doesn’t know us at all suddenly trusting us to help in the most intimate part of their life? Because the character only exists to be gay so you get railed straight into the quest that makes this explicit. No other context exists because writing a more fleshed out character that happened to be gay would have been effort, it’s “enough” that the character is gay so Blizzard stopped there.

6 Likes

The story is bland and uninspiring same for the characters. This is just a horrible mess made by trying to focus on some social agenda. I do not care about any of it and frankly it is the worst Warcraft content put out by Blizzard. Stop this nonsense and get back to developing the key characters from the lore and bring back the War in Warcraft!

1 Like

If you go to the devs of the game twitter page you’ll see them hating on straight white people and white privilege.
“everyone but the majority” if what you mean.

affirmative action freak shows

4 Likes

sorry my friend but i’ve met too many marines to not find this funny :smiley:

The dev’s of this game are hating on straight white people only?

Wow and isn’t that hate speech. If that’s true they should be held for hate crimes since if everyone else is protected against hate crimes, people who just hate people for simply being light skinned and liking the opposite sex are bigots too.

3 Likes

what “hate crime?”

You should be perma banned for impersonating other people… Do you hack Facebook accounts as well?

5 Likes

I mean we’re all entitled to our opinions. I’m sure there’s some class out there that shows me how heterosexual people that are caucasian from dozens of different ethnic family backgrounds is overly privileged.

I’m sure there is some solid ground to argue this from an objective point of view, but hating people no matter who they are is no solution.

Completely agree

Hum… ok. So far all the ones I’ve seen are extremely simple, they just didn’t stand out for me. So far they just felt random.

Don’t feel sad. There are people all around the world that have different cultures and customs. They value different things and that is ok. Maybe they will change their minds one day. However the people complaining on the forums are not complaining about LGBT representation at all, but the constant pandering to a very specific political demographic that keep yammering about representation. A significant portion of the player base deeply dislike that political demographic and gets upset when the game does so many moves to make their activists happy.

Well, not from the beginning this is something they started caring about a few years ago. And I think there is nothing wrong with being open to the addition of “diverse” characters. However instead of organically adding them over time, they seem to be adding them in a way that is feeling forced. For example the fact that all added couples are LGBT, or the random crafters that all of the sudden started talking about their loved ones that happen to all be LGBT, or the random gay weddings that the player is thrown into.

This gives the impression that they are being added only to make activists happy, instead of just being an organic part of the world building. If your “diversity representation” characters are feeling so unnatural and artificial, this does the exact opposite of what representation is supposed to do. Instead of normalising, it is bringing negative attention.

Yes, they are inside the political bubble that really really cares about representation, and that is why they keep pandering to their own political bubble, which upsets the people who are not.

No, it is not good for the game, it is not good for the minorities that are supposedly being represented, it is not good for anyone. It just creates more animosity and annoyance overall. The political activists might be happy with the gesture, but due to the counter productive way that they are going about, the activists are having their goals harmed.

Yes, art can political pandering too.

No they don’t. They are in a political bubble and don’t realise how cringy they are being.

Organic representation matters and it is the direct and inevitable consequence of normalization. However when the representation is forced and artificial, it just creates the opposite effect, it just attracts negative attention.

I’m completely supportive of their causes, I’m lgbt myself, and that is why I’m calling out these actions that are just attracting negativity towards us.

2 Likes

I detect a crayon joke in the near future.

1 Like

Why did the crayon cry? … He was feeling blue. :laughing: … I will just leave the stage now.

Yes, do keep playing dumb, it suits you to a “T”.

6 Likes

I don’t understand the goal of this trolling behavior anymore. Are any of these people actually supportive of LGBTQ+ or are they just trying to mock it, make people sick and tired of it, and stir problems surrounding the community? Because the latter has been occurring.

2 Likes

I highly doubt that. Please provide receipts.

1 Like

This is true anyway. Its significance is entirely reliant on its reception, regardless of execution.