Item Quality of Life Improvements

Not sure what forum would be the best place for this, but as I was going through my character’s banks I found so many items I’m holding onto that would just be better put into collections (my opinion, obviously). Please pass this on to whatever team might consider these changes. Thank you.

Gear that should be learnable (used, removed from bags, and stored in appearance tab):
1 – Blix’s Eyesight Enhancing Romance Goggles (can also be added to toy tab)
2 – Gem Studded Bracelets
3 – Pilgrim’s Hat
4 – Pilgrim’s Attire
5 – Pilgrim’s Robe
6 – Filled Green Brewfest Stein
7 – Pilgrim’s Dress
8 – Vestment of Summer
9 – Mantle of the Fire Festival
10 – Sandals of Summer
11 – Green Brewfest Stein
12 – Overflowing Purple Brewfest Stein
13 – Red Rose
14 - Belbi’s Eyesight Enhancing Romance Goggles (can also be added to toy tab)

Items that should be placed into toy box tab:
1 – Time-Lost Artifact
2 – Rax’s Magnifying Glass
3 – Hunter’s Seeking Crystal
4 – Ra’sha’s Sacrificial Dagger
5 – Emblem of Margoss
6 – Admiral’s Compass
7 - Mana Diving Stone
8 – Adept’s Guide to Dimensional Rifting
9 – Treasure Map: Highmountain
10 – Treasure Map: Suramar
11 – Treasure Map: Azsuna
12 – Treasure Map: Stormheim
13 – Treasure Map: Val’sharah
14 – Cooking School Bell
15 – A Tiny Pair of Goggles
16 – Master Hunter’s Seeking Crystal
17 – Direbrew’s Remote
18 – Automated Critter Defense Cannon
19 – Ashes of A’kumbo
20 – Corrupted Primal Obelisk
21 – Bounty of the Harvest
22 – Martar’s Magnifying Glass
23 – Starlight Beacon
24 – Honorbound Scouting Map
25 – Spectral Essence
26 – Ancient Tauren Talisman
27 – Haunted Memento
28 – Kalec’s Image Crystal
29 – Incandescent Essence
30 – Magic Banana
31 – Terracotta Fragment
32 – Prestige Card: The Turn
33 – Three-Dimensional Compass
34 – Battle Standard of Coordination
35 - Shikaar Hunting Horn
36 - Stuffed Bear
37 - Conch Whistle
38 - Anti-Doom Broom
39 - Domination’s Calling
40 - Flight Master’s Whistle
41 - The Last Relic of Argus
42 - Observer’s Locus Resonator
43 - Key to Nar’thalas Academy
44 - Sp-eye-glass
45 - Mesmerizing Fruit Hat
46 - Sharpened Tuskarr Spear
47 - Iskaaran Harpoon
48 - Pouch of Red Rose Petals
49 - Pouch of Ebon Rose Petals
50 - Fetch Ball
51 - Covered Basket

52 - Kickable Keg

53 - Exploding Keg

Items that could be turned into 1:1 Warband currency:
1 - Darkmoon Game Token
2 - Copper Coin of the Isles
3 - Silver Coin of the Isles
4 - Gold Coin of the Isles
5 - Seedbloom
6 - Dreamsurge Coalescence
7 - Polished Pet Charms
8 - Essence of the Storm

16 Likes

General would be better the dev dont come here.

Vrakthris moved it! Like I said, no idea. Although I feel like GD things get lost.

P.S. If anyone has any items that would be great to add, please comment!

It may seem like they get lost got it all gets looked at and passed how ever CS is a black hole for suggestions feedback and bugs.

Yeah, usually. Depends on the topic.

Good post. Absolutely zero pushback from me.

1 Like

Thank you, I put a lot of time and thought into it. These are items I would love to keep but I just feel like they shouldn’t be physical items. Like I said, obviously my own opinion, but I think it’s silly not to utilize collections when it’s an option. And since we are moving to warbands, why not make more items available across characters? I am me, no matter what character I am on.

2 Likes

I see nothing wrong with any of these suggestions. I think they would free up very precious space.

3 Likes

Great post! I would also like

Belbi’s Eyesight Enhancing Romance Goggles

To become a toy rather than taking up an item slot, if possible (this is the alliance gnome version of the one you listed)

Also, I would like all portal items to be placed on the map (and remove cool down) so you can click the map to teleport there when unlocked

3 Likes

Define portal item. Like engineering items, mage portals, M+ portals? A few of the items I think I listed are items that port as well, like the jungle items. That’s probably a large category. lol I think what you are mentioning is a completely new feature though, by adding it to the map. I’ll add those goggles in my post, didn’t even know there were 2 versions. lol

Yes, for example wormhole teleports, the cloak that sends you to Stormwind, and M+ portals. I wasn’t thinking of mage portals but those would also make sense (for mage characters)

I’m just crossing my fingers that M+ portals become Warband enabled, I earned it I wanna use it no matter who I’m on!

1 Like

I had some of that stuff but deleted much of it over time.

1 Like

Ya I know I’ve deleted things over the years, especially before we got more space. RIP all my old tier gear before collections.

1 Like

Just to add a few more to the “should be toys” list (sorry if I repeat any you already did):

1. Anti-Doom Broom
  2. Domination’s Calling
  3. Flight Master’s Whistle
  4. The Last Relic of Argus
  5. Observer’s Locus Resonator
  6. Key to Nar’thalas Academy
  7. Sp-eye-glass
  8. Exploding Keg
  9. Kickable Keg
  10. Covered Basket
  11. Mesmerizing Fruit Hat
  12. Sharpened Tuskarr Spear
  13. Iskaaran Harpoon
  14. Pouch of Red Rose Petals
  15. Pouch of Ebon Rose Petals
  16. Fetch Ball

As for currencies, with the Warband transfers in place, there’s really no reason for Polished Pet Charms to not become a currency.

2 Likes

Wowhead can’t find items for the kegs or basket, as if they don’t exist.
The Iskaaran Harpoon can be deleted and then reacquired just fyi (I still added). I’ve been deleting them on my characters just because of that.
Great point with the pet charms!
Oh and the flight whistle… I really wish they would apply to all content/zones!

It’s gotten to the point where at the beginning of each expansion I go clean out my bags and bank items. I just keep what I need.

Sure, that’s exactly what I’m doing. But I typically don’t like parting with fun flavor items. My banks are actually pretty empty, most of what I was actually getting rid of was DF stuff that will no longer be needed.

Oh I keep a few things. I still have one of the first outfits that my first 'toon had. She’s a paladin that I’ve been using for a banker (she keeps the money) but I’ve caught her up for the next release.

I’d definitely love to see a bunch of toy like items made into actual toys like they should have been in the first place, but also i really wish they’d stop making it so that old quest items/letters stay in your bags after a quest is done. By the time you’re done leveling, you end up with a bag full of items that you’re not 100% sure about whether or not you can safely delete them or not.

At least give a tag that tells people it’s now a flavor item and can be safely disposed of.

2 Likes

Interesting. Finding them on wowdb and getting routed to wowhead from there works though:

Even though they’re “consumables,” they’re not actually consumed on use. The former two can be bought from a dredger that appears during the Ember Court and the latter is sold by the Pandaren at the bazaar near the Dazar’alor docks.