It would atleast be nice if Blizz explained why

I’m not as much bugged by the delays, I’m bugged by not being given an explanation. It’s not that hard to explain the specific problems occurring that are leading to delays. Sitting and wondering wtf is going is pretty annoying.

9 Likes

The leading theory is the cloning service. For some reason, they couldn’t build the system and test it to make sure it worked prior to actually utilizing it on live servers.

To be expected from Blizzard, though.

i read on twitter that one of the hamsters went down

5 Likes

Yeah I’d put money on it having to do with the cloning.

My guess is they updated to TBC then cloned which caused a bunch of issues with no backward compatability in the Classic Era servers when they should of cloned and then applied the pre patch to the correct server set.

Computers are hard

2 Likes

Because they messed up on data transfer.

You know blizzard doesn’t communicate well with other’s. Literally one of the worst companies when it comes to community engagement.

1 Like

But hey guys! They removed the 30 instance cap!!

1 Like

I’m gonna go with the cloning theory.

If you look up my posting history you will see I’m not a blizzard fanboi, with that said, I am I.T. and I will defend them on this one, When implementing something radically new (cloning service(though it really isn’t but it is for them)) they may have tested and tested and tested on their Dev Partition, but what works in DEV doesn’t necessarily work in Live, that’s a known OH NOOOOO… moment every and all I. T. Operations groups live with daily.

2 Likes

Did PETA break the servers when trying to rescue the other ones?

1 Like

Do you really think they would admit to being incompetent lol

Official Reason is out: they want all BG marks in mailboxes to expire. Best luck.

I’m guessing it’s Taco Tuesday and they are all currently having a fiesta in the office and just totally forgot about us.

We lost all your datas. Fresh tbc and classic.

1 Like

the janitor is stuck in traffic and is late getting to Blizz HQ to hit the on button.

That actually makes sense and is a perfectly viable reason for the delay. If they came out and said that, I think people would understand.

Blizz has never really done something like this on this scale.

This is different from every other expansion, so yeah the cloning service is the most likely issue and making sure it works properly and is tied to both clients (i.e. you activate one and the clone on the other side will require payment but still take up a char slot).

Just hard to test these types of things.

I’d still be disappointed, but increased transparency and communication is never a bad thing to alleviate issues.

Like, for example, if I were taking longer to finish an appointment - I wouldn’t just say, “sorry, this is going to take longer”. I’d tell them why it would take longer. Give them a valid reason and apologize for it, not just shrug and tell them that they’ll have to deal with it.

you know they’re never going to explain their mistakes, when have they ever, this goes for any company though… no one just talks about why they delayed it so many times