It really shows who are the "retail" players in Classic

Groups are already zooming through dungeons, and a lot of the go go go people are those that have been playing private servers for years.

You can’t blame retail for everything.

1 Like

Trapping with Freeze Trap with Hunters is almost non-existing in CLASSIC as we cant lay Traps when in combat and when we trap, it lays trap at Hunter’s Front. If you put a Square on the target, we cant trap it where the target is. We just lay trap on our front. When we pull mobs, the first mob to reach the trap gets the Freeze Trap.

Classic/Vanilla has the worst Hunter Trap Mechanics of all versions of WoW. A Retail player like me knows this becoz I played since Vanilla.

For me personally - retail has taught me to be expedient.

Obviously combat is much slower and more deliberate in Classic, and healers can’t regen mana quite as quickly, even when drinking than they can in Retail.

However finding players that play with even a modicum of urgency about them is even harder now since Classic is so much more deliberate and planned. I have seen - countless times, where a healer or a dps calls out that they need mana then proceed to the following - in this order:

Type in chat that they need mana
Run around and loot things
Stand around for 60 seconds on average before they actually start drinking

The above is a best case scenario.

1 Like

I played Vanilla starting in 2005. From the moment I started, I was trying to powerlevel to 60.

You’re in denial if you think this is a “retail” player thing. Every MMO ever made was filled with players like this from the moment they launched.

This is wrong, btw.

2 Likes

The vast majority of our guild do not play retail, and none of them are PS players.

Kill skull then x.
Square is trap, moon is sheep.
Anything else varied.

Counterpoint: it really shows who has no critical thinking skills when they use these idiotic generalizations.

Sounds like a solo game is just right for you.

My guildies used to joke around about why certain symbols had to be certain things. Skull is obviously kill target because skull = death. Blue square was hunter trap because blue square = ice cube. Rogues sapped diamond because rogue = thief = likes to steal diamonds. Moon was sheep because you count sheep to go to sleep like in the cartoons and the moon is out at night when you go to sleep. But thats where things start getting harder so we would use the other symbols to just mess with people. Circle was condom or nipple and we would say “so on so you have the one with the condom on its head”. Star we would be like “so on so you have star because you’re a superstar/rockstar”.

Wtb wands for resto druids… I’d love to be able to dps as a healer without having to use my mana. sadface

1 Like

I use a downranked shadow word pain for multidotting and a max rank mind blast on CD. It’s light enough on the mana that it’s hardly noticeable. The wand damage definitely helps, but you don’t need it to do noticeable dps. Experiment with some dots and see if anything fits!

you were all retail players at one time.

1 Like

I’m a resto druid. I have one dot and it’s not an inexpensive one. Druid spells tend to be mana hogs. I’m already downranking my healing spells to conserve mana.

I really am afraid to spend any of it on dps spells at all.

That doesn’t necessarily conserve mana at lower +healing levels. Try maxranking and letting tanks drop to low health points before healing them to full then letting mp5 do some work.

1 Like

Same here. I have an 8-5 job, so if I want to run a dungeon, I have to ensure I am ready for it and searching LFG as soon as I’ve gotten home and prepped my dinner. If I am ready for a dungeon by 8pm…then I will just have to save it for the next day. Dungeons require a lot more time and planning in Classic due to needing to form a group in the first place.

Spec clear casting and go melee lol

1 Like

I have the max ranks keybound as well so I have them if needed but I mainly heal with the downranks and use full spells when I REALLY have to crank out the healing.

I’m leveling with a tank friend so I’m resto for a reason. I’m not doing it on my own.

M+10 player here. We know Casters has to die first becoz their hp is lower… and some casters heal other mobs, they really have to die first. Usually, M+10 tank always target the Caster first becoz the tank is usually on interrupt duty and has short cd of their interrupts. On a very slow pace game like Classic, Tank has time to put skull, moon, square, etc. But in Retail like in M+10, there’s no time to put marks on the targets. Veteran DPS’ers know that the tank would focus on a caster mob, so the DPS’ers just press the Tank icon and press the “Assist key, F”. The F key is automatic to us.

There are tons of noobs both in Classic and Retail who never uses the Assist key. There are also dumb tanks who put skull on a target and they’re not on it. When I nuke the skull, freaking skull starts running to me… Becoz I have deadzone as a Hunter, I never nuke a melee mob with Skull on a PuG group… I always hit the F key… I hit what the tank hits. Mobs that I aggro would come to me on melee… I would have zero DPS when they get to my deadzone.

1 Like

Gotchya. Downranking relies on relatively significant +healing gear to equate the lower heal with a top rank heal, which most healers don’t have while leveling. I can’t speak specifically to druids but typically it’s better to just use the top rank to maximize mp5 regen. Using arbitrary/simplified numbers, if your tank has 1000 hp and r4 healing touch restores 600 health and r3 restores 400, it’s (generally) more effective to let your tank drop to 30%, throw out a top rank heal and a rejuv in the same global, and then let mp5 regen. If you toss out 2 low rank heals instead of 1 top rank heal, you’re losing the mp5 in the extra cast times.

1 Like

Yeah, we’re more about maintaining rather than doing it that way simply because so much relies on HoT healing. We can’t let them get really low and then expect HoT’s to fill them back up. We have to keep the HoT’s up and use direct spells when it’s more dire. But we have talents that allow a percentage of mana regen while casting and also spell cost reduction.