It really shows who are the "retail" players in Classic

I am not hating on these players but the passive mentality that WoW retail gave these players to zoom through everything and this instant reward behaviour really shows on who appreciates classic and are verterans vs the retail players.

I was just in my first ST dungeon run and this player just kept saying:
“c’mon!”
“hurry up”
“drink drink drink”
“tank hurry up”

And I am waiting for everyone to finish drinking etc. I decided to tick him off a bit when other players were ready and he was still drinking… so I engaged a mob and he’s like:
“OMG I WAS DRINKING!! I AM YOUR HEALER!”
And i was like: “dude you’re pushy as, plus everyone else is ready”.

He then was quiet for a bit then he started being pushy again.

I said to him: “u must come from retail” and he’s like: “yeah i played it”… and I just replied : “ahh that explains your neediness”. He didn’t get it and we went on our merry ways after the dungeon finished.

One guy whispered to me in the group: “he’s kind of a ****” and im like “yeah hard” ahhaha

My point of this thread is that;

• classic isn’t retail you can’t just zoom through everything

I am surprised that people still know the kill order when marking skull then cross and sheep square. I remember those days :slight_smile:

Edit: moon is sheep… still fun times

[Edited by a Forum Moderator for content]

29 Likes

I hate it! I don’t want to spend all day in a dungeon, but I enjoy the concept and experience. I am not there to JUST get XP and LOOTS.

Maybe because im 49 now and slowed down in rl some too, but I enjoy the adventure.

Hell I always have to tell the party brb 2 secs need a beer!

14 Likes

Classic dungoens are slower than retail dungeons, but they don’t have to be as slow as they were in vanilla! As a healer, I always stress that the tank can pull if I’m above 75% mana, and I will dps when I can in light to medium sized pulls…about as much damage as the tank. It really adds up over the dungeon.

10 Likes

Some veteran tanks don’t use the same markings as you, especially square … seems like even in vanilla there wasn’t the nirvana of a single universal rule everyone followed.

10 Likes

But they can also be much slower. IDC. Im just watching tv lmao. If i miss a pull or two thats fine.

that’s not entirely true, nor is it something exclusive to retail players. retail didn’t invent spell cleave, that’s taken directly from private server metas.

the rush mentality is created by the variants of group play. you have some groups that move insanely fast, which is likely dependent on class, gear and player ability, while other groups struggle a bit and require a slower pace to succeed. when you have players used to one type of group, it becomes frustrating for them to play the other kind. it’s not to say rush or slow is bad, just that every group is different.

tl;dr everyone needs to realize that some groups will be fast, while others are slow. no reason to get mad, just get better at recognizing your groups potential and move accordingly.

17 Likes

Each to their own. As someone who doesn’t have all day to play games anymore, I have to be as efficient and quick as possible when playing wow.

2 Likes

yea, I remember in vanilla every tank had different meanings for markings, the only universal I ever saw was kill skull first then X lol. All else was up to the Tank to tell the group what they were.

well moon was by inferenced for the mage to sheep.

You sheep moon, you trap square. :wink:

19 Likes

oh my gosh, my bad, moon is sheep! Fun times

Close enough, we know what you meant. The most important are the marks and the kill order. The rest is just communication.

1 Like

I’ve had many groups that I say “kill first is skull then x then whatever” but alot of people still don’t do that, even tho orders are there.

2 Likes

Found the zoomerino

:zap: :zero: :zero: :m:

9 Likes

I’m so frustrated with groups doing stupid stuff. I had a succubus out for the first part of ST, where there are multiple healing mobs. Tank LOS pulls, I seduce one, some idiot casts on it. Over and over even after I said something.

So dumb…

3 Likes

Just to state… from the tank side of the equation this is stressful as crud. Trying to get everything under control while 3-5 mobs are switching off me because noone kills my target… they just go ham on whatever… i miss the careful slow days of cc and kill 2 mobs at a time max.

1 Like

That also means not running a dungeon you don’t have time for.

14 Likes

Personally, I prefer to have fun during my playtime, even if that means less xp/hour or less loot/hour.

6 Likes

I do not want to sit around and wipe in Blackrock Depths for 4 hours bleeding my eyes out only to lose my item roll from the end boss.

1 Like

if you are wiping in BRD for 4 hours, you have big problems, and I’m not sure you can pin all of those problems on others.

14 Likes