It really shows who are the "retail" players in Classic

I mean, they are probably having fun too. People enjoy the game different ways. We don’t have to be opposed to each other. There’s enough room for everyone on the servers lol.

To this I just would say, ‘Go quest’.

I get maybe afking randomly or one mob pulls at times, but if things are going well, there should be no complaints.

All Classic dungeons are a dungeon crawl.

3 Likes

when I played as a healer I found ooming every other pull at least so I kind of try ninja drink, soon as the last mob is low I spam click on water, I will even continue my drinking part way into the next pull so long as the tank is above maybe 40/50%

seems to work for me.

2 Likes

I’ve also been noticing a trend, I never really thought about it since I take people at their word, because I don’t see a reason to pretend that they played ‘vanilla’ back in the day, and then complain about the lack of gear at max (MC/Ony) and get mad or they lose the interest to play. I just shake my head when people leave because 3 weeks into a raid, they don’t have more gear…Hrm…

A good healer (especially with a mage in the group) will drink fast enough to be at full mana before you need your next heal. They should have you topped off by time the last mob is dieing and already have started their mp5 regen. If you take 5 seconds between a pull like setting up and then have 2 seconds atleast before a heal needs to be cast that gives a healer 7 seconds to drink which should be plenty to top off between pulls.

2 Likes

I once played with a healer that wasted all mana on dps and only used 1 heal on me (the free spell that priests have). We wiped once because of that and he left because I was going too slow and even died.

I played retail consistently throughout the game’s whole lifespan (with the exception of big breaks in WoD and BFA for obvious reasons) but yeah, the children who treat dungeons like an M+ are my biggest pet peeve BY FAR. Especially as a healer.

Sometimes eager melee without mana bars or people who are still adjusting to classic’s playstyle just plain forget, and that’s ok. I give them gentle reminders. But for the people who scream in chat “omg so slow aoe gogogo” or dps/tanks that multipull beyond the group comp’s capabilities? Even after every caster desperately drinks behind them as they sprint ahead?

My tactic to combat that has been to simply… not get up. You don’t let me drink, you die. Oh no, hmm gee, where is your body, let me slooowly mosey on over to where you are. Hope you didn’t ghost or it will take me even longer to find you!

6 Likes

ST does unleash the toxicity of players. Blizzard thought it was funny to have the Hakkar egg quest where you can actually fail the attempt and can no longer complete it, leading to a lot of finger pointing of how you just wasted 3 hours of my time. It’s like they WANT players to be toxic.

What’s passive about wanting to zoom? And you are “hating” on “retail” players - it’s implicit in your subject line and your entire post.

This need for people to assert how they’re somehow better based on when they liked or played a game is really tired. I understand that you have a significant portion of your self-esteem tied up with WoW, but it’s just a game, and guess what? People did the same things back in the day.

If anything, the populace seems to, overall, have a much better idea how to play now. And that’s been refreshing and unsurprising, considering how long many people have been playing. Go figure.

8 Likes

This is my biggest pet peeve. The very first run I did on my hunter, our healer told us he had to go to work AS we were walking up the ramp to the boat in Deadmines. It wasn’t a slow run either. We had a wipe in the goblin room because someone jumped down and pulled 800 gobbies on us, so it was just poor time management and a waste of everyone else’s time to find someone to finish the run with.

Btw, many players want to play classic but only certain aspects of it. Maybe you just want to reach 60 and run UBRS or Scholo, not derp around in the 30s spending 20 minutes just to run across Arathi Highlands or Desolace without a mount, or spending countless hours in a lowbie dungeon going nowhere. They experienced enough of that in 2005 and don’t feel the need to re-experience those parts.

It’s like playing with people from Texas…or Presbyterians. Who do they think they are?!

1 Like

There are tons and tons of leveling guides out there. This is not a valid excuse anymore. It is vastly more efficient to quest or grind in the open world than doing dungeons if endgame is your goal. This is, of course, excluding exploiting.

Thank you for saying it.

1 Like

My general thought process in MMOs:

If you are the tank and they rush you, ignore them. If the DPS pulls, sit back and let them die. Let the group wipe if you have to. They’ll learn.

If you are the healer and drinking, keep drinking. If they die, they die. They’ll learn.

If you’re DPS and the tank/healer keeps pulling, you’re either a caster and can just have a drink (they won’t notice) or a melee and can go nonstop so… why are you complaining again?

1 Like

most of the people who play classic are retail players and the rest a private server players.

2 Likes

literally everyone I know IRL that plays Classic did not play either retail or private servers, myself included. Everyone I know playing Classic is people that played years ago and are playing wow again for the first time since before Cata.

2 Likes

Groups that want tons of CC and slow single pulls are really boring when it’s not necessary. I’m not gonna have my limited game time eaten up to fulfill your 15-year-old “class fantasy”. If the group can handle big fast pulls do it. My guild sure did in vanilla! Non-scrubs didn’t need CC back then either

1 Like

Not Presbyterians!

(Presbyterian)

Then you should probably stick to retail.
That’s classic all over. And it doesn’t get any better as the game rolls on.
You’re REALLY going to love MC which can take 4-6 hours, and each boss drops 2 pieces of loot for 40 people.