It really shows who are the "retail" players in Classic

I think you misunderstand me. Im not saying don’t spec resto. Im saying spec shallow in the balance tree for Omen of Clarity and then go back to resto, and hit stuff with your melee weapon to proc free casts lol.

Nah I’ll just keep running with legit groups.

Gotcha. I’m still figuring out where to put what next while leveling but I will definitely keep that one in mind.

Right, which is why what we did in Vanilla was:

1. Walk a bit to the side.
  2. Wait for the tank to pull.
  3. Pick off the trap mob with just enough threat to get it to come to the hunter.
  4. Let it run to the hunter and get trapped.

In addition, you used to be able to feign death and drop a trap so that would work for re-trapping the mob. If necessary.

In the event the hunter is pulling then reverse step 2 and 3, with the tank taking threat over from the hunter. In that case the hunter probably should use concussive shot on the trap mob to separate the mobs a bit.

Seduce the nipple!

3 Likes

FYI, if you are DPS and confused about the whole marking BS, just /assist the tank and you’ll be right as rain.

+1 Here… Exactly what i’m trying to explain in another Post.

Except when the tank is changing targets to establish threat on them and you assist on the wrong one because of that.

Learn the marks, it’s the best bet.

1 Like

I just post in my guild discord: Need tank/3dps for BRD @ 5pm. Sign up.

If i get enough people, then i run the dungeon. If I dont, then i go farm rep. Not really a big deal.

Pretty sure the context is that a retail player is someone who recently or still plays retail.

Most of the people in my guild have not played since Cataclysm or earlier.

So, retail?

I appreciate you skill sharing. I could do it myself even if you dont tell me. But the thing is, i wont do it becoz putting a Frost Trap is better.

It will help Mage, and everyone to escape from being hit by melee mobs. It would also help tanks to get back to the mobs that got loose.

Trap mechanics in Classic sucks. Period. Wasting feign death to trap is one of the worst mechanics. Freeze Trapping in dungeons happens in BC.

Context and group comp matters. If you’re in a group with two mages, it’s better to have big aoe pulls than slow, one at time pulls with cc.

It’s not all about people wanting to speed, it’s about group ability and efficiency as well.

2 Likes

Except when you have two mobs that will heal each other or cause massive amounts of damage. Then it might be best to CC one and DPS the other down.

There are lots of tools, you just need the right circumstance to use them.

-tank taking everything extremely slow in group of 25+ year olds who work now
“Breh, hurry up”
-tank proceeds to troll specific party members asking for a faster pace
-tank proceeds to call them retailers
-tank trash talks in DMs
-tank goes to classic forums to cry about it

Hmmmm. Can almost see why retail players don’t like being around the vanilla players.

7 Likes

Must be a tiny guild then.

You actually can zoom through everything because its difficulty is a joke.

You dont even need a tank until the final few dungeon.

4 Likes

About 30 people

But you can ! With some communication and good players.

In 2006 we were already AOE farming Strath (Except the part just before baron, these mobs hit hard, everything else is a steamroll).

When I’m tanking, the only mana bar I’m interested is healer’s and mine.

1 Like

Literally everyone playing classic has played or does play retail.

-___-

2 Likes