It is Time to Ban WoW Addons

So we don’t forget :heart: Just in case someone decided to take this seriously

3 Likes

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it I suppose. General Discussion dwellers will bite on anything though to be honest.

2 Likes

800 replies with 90% saying:

1. No to banning addons.
  2. Don’t know what you are talking about with most of the addons you mention.
  3. Pointing out that you are discriminating and being very ablest since addons help multiple communities of people that HAVE TO HAVE THEM to play at all
  4. Pointing out that you are straight up lying or misrepresenting information in some of your responses
  5. Being ridiculous.
  6. Recycling threads from the past.

Just because there are over 800 replies to your recycled post does not mean that we need to discuss the same exact post over and over and over again.

Your supposition is Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

4 Likes

OP has never done any kind of raiding ever, not even LFR.

Thanks for pointing out my old post and bumping up my new post.

1 Like

Which has nothing to do with the topic itself.

1 Like

So you admit that this is just a duplicate post, which is against the rules:

Creating Duplicate Threads

This category includes:

• Creating threads about existing topics
6 Likes

No thanks. I’m super casual and I don’t want to play without immersion, rematch, world quest tracker, rarescanner, and handynotes.

Mostly rematch…

But their baked-in versions of things aren’t ever as good.

3 Likes

Wont lie. Rematch is amazing. First add on I make sure is working when I do occasionally make an alt.

1 Like

True

Not as much this time around due to Blizzard putting in secret auras so they cant be tracked.

I agree

Kinda use to updsting addons, before I log in. 45 sec to update addons is not the wnd end of the world.

I think you also need to keep in mind that not everyone plays with the addons that tell you how to play. Sure everyone uses DBM or Big Wigs but something that says “BIG GIANT LAZER BEAM OF DEATH IS HAPPENING IN 15 SEC.” i don’t see an issue with, nor do I see an issue with something showing me what buffs I have on.

TLDR I don’t think banning addons is the play. Addons have been a core to this game since the start.

2 Likes

You’'ve shown little knowledge of how addons actually work.

3 Likes

A pathetic level of trolling at this point

This is what happens when someone doesn’t touch enough grass

4 Likes

Friendly reminder that addons are amazing, and contribute to RP communities, disabled communities, and new player communities appreciating this game. :butterfly:

5 Likes

The only thing people are forgetting this is all gonna come down to what MS wants to do with the IP.

If they want to add WoW onto the Gamepass they’ll have to open it up to Xbox which means a significant drawback to allowable add-ons.

But right now no one is sure what MS is looking at when it comes to Blizz because it was very obvious MS wanted King and CoD. Most likely they’re going to work with Blizz on Diablo and OW first as they’re still more relevant in the overall gaming market versus WoW but it’s not hard to envision MS wanting to move WoW onto Gamepass for consoles.

I don’t agree with this. Don’t like addons? Don’t use them.

4 Likes

If Microsoft bans add ons, I guess those who disagree with the concept will just take our money elsewhere. I’m a bit slow so I’m one of those who have to rely on them, especially when it comes to world navigation.

Going back to month to month sub after my yearly sub is over in December, this way I can bail out whenever I want if things go down south.

I really don’t think WoW would be such a reliability on console even without add ons, because there are just way too many things that need clicking and macroing. The character class rotation would be many remote button combinations.

You have to also consider the amount of space WoW would take on a console, because of the many expansions implemented and added on.

One thing is for sure I would never see WoW on a Nintendo Switch.

Add ons have been updated more and more as time goes by to take up little space as possible. Most of them have been more simplified to take less space.

1 Like

I mean sure; but again Gamepass is much larger than any forum threats I’d imagine.

Really it’s going to come down to what and how MS views WoW in it’s current state. Should it be operating the same, or is there something they want or can do to it?

I just severely doubt the people who think MS wouldn’t do anything because based on the quarterly’s WoW is okay but it’s not the headliner anymore hasn’t been for quite some time.

Addons are supplements for the developers failures to fill in the gaps in their own game. You can’t remove addons until they supplement their game with necessary programs, or make them un-needed through clever gameplay design.

And at the moment, they have much more massive problems to fix

1 Like

Addons have been a significant aspect of WoW since the beginning, and while there are valid concerns, an outright ban might not be the ideal solution.

It’s true that the World First races have evolved, encompassing both in-game skills and coding prowess. However, we should recognize that these changes are a natural part of gaming’s evolution. Addons add a layer of complexity and strategy, making the race more engaging for some players. Instead of banning addons outright, we could encourage fair competition while appreciating the dedication and creativity that guilds put into their strategies.

Casual raiding can indeed be challenging, and it’s essential to consider the overall player experience. Rather than solely blaming addons for the difficulty, developers could explore ways to make raids more accessible to different skill levels. Additionally, some addons can be beneficial for casual players by simplifying group organization and providing useful in-game resources.

Integrating some basic functions into the default settings is a step in the right direction. However, completely banning addons might limit the game’s adaptability to players’ preferences. Striking a balance by providing essential features while allowing players the freedom to customize their UI through addons would create a win-win situation.

Managing addons can be a bit cumbersome, and it’s valid to seek a smoother process. Improving the addon management system could benefit all players, making the overall experience more user-friendly without compromising the advantages addons bring.

Addon creators play a vital role in enhancing gameplay for many of us. Rather than ending their contributions, we could support a collaborative approach where developers work together with Blizzard to ensure addons adhere to fair guidelines while promoting creativity and innovation.

In short, addons have been essential in streamlining tasks, enhancing communication, and fostering a vibrant modding community since its inception, and banning them would not be a productive approach. Instead, focusing on improving the default settings, addressing difficulty levels, and fostering a collaborative relationship with addon developers would be a more constructive way to ensure a better experience for all players.

2 Likes

Very good analysis.

That is why I said “it is time to improve wow default settings”. But unfortunately, it is too slow.