It is Time to Ban WoW Addons

That is the key component to growth. Its not like guildmates won’t help them either, I’ve done sims for people, droptimizer stuff, offered to do keys when we weren’t raiding, funneling gear, all sorts of stuff generally. Provided brief videos such as this:

This is a 1minute video. I don’t understand why its so hard, like do people want to spend 4-5 hours on one boss? I don’t expect perfection, but at least show up prepared, i think that is the extent of what I’m saying. There is a check list, and consequently its why many raids require higher Ilvl and achievements to even get into raids now. They don’t want people who just show up for a trophy, and at the same time waste others time on one boss. People do raid for the loot, mounts and such. M+ is easier to complete than raid, and less time consuming generally, especially with a guild who is willing to funnel gear. PvP is more harsh than what raiders even ask of them. There isn’t a lot of pvpers these days.

Right. No one (at least in a +15 or Heroic raid) is expecting anyone to write a dissertation on a boss. But watch a video, maybe look up a class guide for that boss, bring your consumables. It’s not hard.

I strongly disagree, but let’s pretend that you are right

the opinion about addons of someone who doesn’t step foot in instanced content frankly doesn’t count.

That said - you are wrong.

I suggest you get over it. BLIZZARD designed the GAME so THIRD PARTY addons could be USED and yes, they are available OUTSIDE of wow.

3 Likes

That is exactly why it is so frustrating. ALL the work was done for them.

1. Someone already simmed best talents, explained why, elaborated rotation.
  2. Videos on M+/Raid already exist , and the talents for each class by their “representatives.”
  3. Most people in a guild would be willing to help attain gear via funnel/running/carrying.
  4. Many guild discords have raidbots/sims for free paid for by the guildmembers, or Guild leader/officers.
  5. Those of us who have it for ourselves, can and will do it for free, even then wait time isn’t bad w/o it.
  6. People in guilds can give hands on advice.
  7. They tell you the addons, and will assist with their set up, and help with UI if needed.
  8. There are plenty of guilds that offer repairs, and resources (feasts/cauldrons).
  9. Gold guides exist across the board.
  10. All the person has to do is show up, and put in 2% effort to get all this down, because the other 98% was already provided by someone else in the community.
2 Likes

blizzard catering to the top 10% and bottom 10% as usual.

Learning a new phrase in another thread and attempting to apply it everywhere is silly. FAR more than the top/bottom 10 use addons.

There are addons for RPers.
There are addons for people who like mogs.
There are addons for people who like pet battles.
There are addons for people who have disabilities.
There are addons for achievement hunters.

I could go on and on, point being, there are addons for every type of player in this game. You are deluding yourself if you think only a few are making use of them.

5 Likes

And how do they make me more powerful?

1 Like

I’m not too lazy to install an addon, I don’t trust the sketchy sites they come from. So I never had one. I wont even visit a site like wowhead. This is how you avoid compromise.

1 Like

Maybe on Mac Books but do they really count

Maybe Blizzard should just ignore existence of addons and design the game for default UI like they claim they do (but they don’t, look at that recent immediate cameraFov hotfix explanation)?

If someone installs addon and that makes game better for him, this is perfectly fine.

Banning addons is not enough.

You also can’t link or see other people achievements anymore, and make the armory private for everyone but the owner of it.

After that, Remove Group Finder.

^90 percent of the problems with wow fixed.

Needing to build a social network, making guilds matter more. and making pugging have much more risk.

1 Like

What did my laptop ever do to you?! pets laptop

Nah I like addons, especially for Classic.

1 Like

Well, nothing. But, everything I dislike should be banned. Am I participating in GD properly?

2 Likes

Absolutely. gives you a gold star

2 Likes

When you watch Asmon interview with Ion, Ion said that they are trying to keep making raid mechanics to beat the addons. And it showed on BFA raids.

Look at Jaina fight and Nzoth fight. And look at Uunat fight from Crucible of Storms. Those are heavy mechanic fights. Mods wont win you on Boss fights like those.

However, those fights seem unfair to unskilled players. Even LFR of those Bosses cant be beaten until Heroic and Mythic Raid players start carrying people on LFR.

On Shadowlands, it seems Blizz just let the mods win. That’s why it seems Shadowlands raids are easier. Just use the mod and you could win. Thats why this thread is created… seems mods are unfair.

Because, from what I’ve heard people here saying, FFXIV takes the Chinese Dictatorship approach “say something mean and be put to death!” Blizz doesn’t care about “mean” they care about “bad”, calling a player trash :+1: calling a player a racial expletive :-1:

If addons are banned, then I will immediately cease my WoW subscription and no longer play the game. Also if they do get banned, WoW’s subscription base and active players will most likely fall to dramatically to a point where Blizzard can’t afford to keep the servers running, and as such, would announce that the ban would be reversed, just to get the game back to where it is now, active player and subscription wise.

I like addons, and they help people with disabilities, like myself, to play the game.

5 Likes

Some years back, when we have those pvp servers. I do remember trying to jump on a alliance player in Hillbrad Foothills and the moment i went into target, that player manage to poofed or completely disappeared. Bump into few more within that week, now idk if this still going on. But that really killed the pvp world and that where i lost interest into pvp.

Nothing is fair or even balance in there, esp for those using addons.

I imagine there are people who dislike pineapple pizza. I dont force them to eat one.

Although I can feel sorry for 'em. :sunglasses: