It is Time to Ban WoW Addons

third party = not blizzard… lmfao
Curseforge isn’t blizzard. the people making the addons don’t get paid by blizzard. WE need a block button for clowns like you.

1 Like

Blizzard says they aren’t. Blizzard’s game. Their definition matters. Yours does not. When you make a game, feel free to not allow addons, but this one always have and probably always will.

There is a mute… not surprising you couldn’t figure out that either.

2 Likes

Yeah Because I don’t spend my life on the forums defending garbage systems 8000 posts in so I didn’t know.

1 Like

This is why there needs to be year long schools.

3 Likes

i am shocked this original post was written by a person hiding on an underleveled alt. shocked i say!

6 Likes

Awww, did I hit a nerve, cupcake?

1 Like

The deafening silence from people who are pro-removal of all addons sure is telling right? I played with a person back in Wrath who was quadriplegic, he was able to play world of warcraft with a combination of addons and a tool that allowed him to play using his mouth.

The fact people would seem to rather have a scenario like FFXIV which literally banned raiders for having both UI changing addons and a addon that allowed debuffs to show a numerical timer of how long it’s left is baffling.

There is a guild (Undaunted) which is for primarily Deaf/Hard of hearing players which rely on addons to be able to play the game. Clowns who make posts like this one don’t raid but watch a stream once, see Weakauras and convince themselves the only reason the player is doing well is because of that.

3 Likes

It has to be that, they can’t admit that it is them. Has to be the addons fault that they aren’t RWF.

I freely admit I’m too big a scrub to even attempt RWF. And no amount of addons is going to change that.

2 Likes

Same.

2 Likes

Blizz shouldn’t remove addons because their efforts to replace them are too clunky.

I’ll give an example. I use clique as part of my healing kit. It essentially automates the creation of mouse over macros and it’s a blessing because all I have to do to bind a mouse over is click on the spell with the addon window open.

In SL Blizz integrated this feature into the UI. 1st go and find it. Now try to use it.

Compared to the addon it’s unnecessarily clunky.

They could have paid the addon creator a couple grand and used that, but instead they tried to recreate the wheel and honestly it’s underwhelming.

Now. Since your looking at mouse over macros you might as well try healing. Did you know some dispellable effects just flat out don’t show up on base UI bars for healers?

I’ve heard of folks healing on the base UI, but for every 100 healers I’d wager less than 3 effectively heal using no addons. If addons go bye bye so do a lot of healers. Enjoy your queues….

Community involvement in things like modding is one of the thinks that makes this community and game so good.

Getting rid of addons is ripping the soul out of the game.

Also the community is 100x better at fixing things Blizz overlooks than blizz.

1 Like

It sounds like you’re saying is that it’s reasonable to require 18 years of background before playing the game.

I don’t think it requires 18 years of background. :man_shrugging:

That’s just people using hyperbole to justify a fallacious argument.

Content naturally evolves over time, games today are different to games 20 years ago in general.

Wait, I thought learning to play the game was simple and self-explanatory, and anyone will pick it up in a day or two…?

They won’t. They’ll quit long before they even try raiding. The idea that everybody who doesn’t spontaneously know everything in the game is “refusing to learn” is hilarious, just more evidence that top players really don’t want the playerbase to improve. They don’t want more participation. And they definitely think there is no place for real new players in “their” game.

And it is your game. That’s why actual new players rarely stick with the game. It’s not for them, it’s for min-maxers who have premium accounts on simming websites, premium addons, and decades of skills.

It’s not even just this. I don’t disagree, but even if Blizz were good at it… time and money are finite. I would rather Blizzard spend said time and money doing things only they can do and let outside sources take care of customization type things.

2 Likes

And then it will be time for many to quit. Customization is the last good thing about WoW. Sure, go ahead and nuke that, too. Bold move, Cotton.

I mean I can, but I’ve played the game for years. A lot of the stuff that has to be learned is going to take participation and socializing. The two things that aren’t too common these days unless its trade chat… sigh and its usually about politics.

Who said it was spontaneous? I’ve told people on many occasions to go watch a video, study the fights, get experience, go parse at a dummy for a few hours, know your class, keybind your $hit, organize your UI, participate in the game and learn what it is that you’re doing, and your role. IF people just SHOW UP then can’t even do the basics, of course they’re going to be sat out. They put 0 effort into it.

2 Likes

I find it simply amazing that this isn’t obvious. I can’t think of any game that you would be welcome to play with the big boys without learning to play first. Can you just go shoot some hoops with your buddy after work? Absolutely. If you want to join a league (and not meaning professional or anything near it… just a regular league), they are going to expect you to already know how to play reasonably well.

Why is WoW different?

2 Likes

I have no idea, its almost like we have an influx of people who simply want to show up and get a reward, along with a pat on the back. We had a dps in a raid (Heroic SoD) every time he was alive, we wiped. But anytime we healers intentionally let him die, we downed the boss. Its pretty bad when your raid performs better without “you.” You know what I mean?

1 Like

Yeah, I have had o deal with those types of players as well, not fun.

It’s just frustrating that at least 75% of this game you can do whatever whenever and be fine. Be happy with that. Or if you want to get into that 25% of content… do what everyone that is there had to do: learn. No one showed up knowing everything, we all had to learn.

1 Like