It is Time to Ban WoW Addons

Postal should be a basic function in wow’s default settings, just like mass loot.

Remember the time when we couldn’t mass loot and need to loot corps one by one.

What a clown lol. GL my friend.

7 out of 10 for bait post…would read again

What addon is that out of curiosity, I use altaholic to keep up with mail and currencies for my alts.

It’s time to ban the git’s that still post “remove addons” 18 years later.

They aren’t going anywhere. Full stop.

1 Like
  1. WF races are worse for the game than addons are.

2. Casuals don’t raid. And the fact that you think they do suggests something.

3. This is harder for Blizzard. Certain addon features only make sense on certain realms (As much as I’d love the idea of built in RP addon features), and certain playstyles. Meaning it’ll annoy the crap out of people in practice. Really it only makes sense to implement the types of addons literally everyone uses. Also, without things like DBM people would just go back to relying on guides, which isn’t as good but would replicate SOME of the predictive functionality.

4. Perhaps a better way to mitigate this would be for Blizzard to implement an addon backup system. It could simply be a setting that allows you to upload/download your addon/wtf folders over the client. That could be neat.

5. It is againt WoW’s TOS to make a career and money from making useful addons.

1 Like

It is against to ToS to charge for addons, it isn’t against the ToS to make money via donations though.

1 Like

Did I ever say ‘simple fights’ no

I said the fight mechanics should be communicated by gameplay, not outside sources

People play a game, to play a game, not do homework/study/look up guides on various sites on how things need to be done in order to complete the challenge.

Further: socializing is not strictly limited to ‘hey guys, how is this done’ there’s alot of socializing in just chatting with people (shooting the shiz as it were), RP, and generally ‘hanging out’ which are ALOT healthier forms of socialization that what raids currently demand

I’d pay actual cash to see WoW go six months without combat add-ons. It’d give us all some insight on the remaining WoW community, specifically in the way they play, and the way they treat others. I’ve always believed there to be a correlation between the downloadable Game Sharks, and the more terrible, anti-social members of this fine game.

I 100% disagree with this. Raiding aside stuff like weak auras exist to help players play classes with difficult rotations or provide other ease of access features the game does not. So no. I want my addons.

1 Like

BAN. THEM. ALL. Muahahahaha!!!

1 Like

1 Like

Says you. Only takes me a minute to check my “few” addons and update. Even if I had, say, 15 addons it wouldn’t be a problem.

One addon I have is for that dang Talking Head. Why can’t Blizz give us a button to turn it on or off?

As far as you go, if you don’t like the addons, THEN DON’T USE 'EM! Leave the rest of us alone!

1 Like

How about, instead of banning addons for any of the reasons you cite, Blizzard reconsiders its game design and actually incorporates more addon-like functionality into its base UI. From floating combat text to party/raid frame click-casting, they’ve shown again and again that the best addon ideas are fair game for integration into the base UI.

Why not continue the trend? And why not start designing raid and dungeon encounters that can be understood intuitively by more players? And why not make GTFO a base UI function? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I have been doing LFR this whole expac.

edit: I take that back. I did do some of normal nathria in pugs but they could never finish even if we were doing well.

I don’t think you’ll find much success expecting randoms to be nice online. You need a stable group of friends so you don’t have to deal with the random/pug world.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!

1 Like

:100:

Thus reason I haven’t pre order yet and those who have would want a refund of the purpose the removal of addons.

I’m waiting quietly and patiently for more information.

Removing wouldn’t just remove folks with disabilities it will remove the mass amount of the player base.

3 Likes

Or keep addons and remove scores or anything else that is inflated by them

It is not a problem in FFXIV.