It is Time to Ban WoW Addons

Give it a rest. Seriously. You are actually the problem for worrying about how other people play the game. Worry about yourself and how YOU play. Don’t like flying? Don’t fly. Don’t like addons? Don’t use them? You want a seat on the Supreme Court? You’d fit right in. Trying to dictate what other people do with their lives. In this case, their WoW lives.

Just stop already.

3 Likes

Forum is a place for everyone to express their opinions. Why should I stop or why should anyone stop?

So, in your logic, why are you worrying about how other people use the forum? Don’t like the topic? don’t read it? Trying to dictate what other people think?

I don’t agree with what you say, but I defend your right to say it.

Please don’t stop.

There has been about 5 billion, yes, literally, threads about addons since Ion opened his mouth about it in a DF interview. The sheep follow their leader I guess. You take addons away I will personally stop playing. No joke. And so will a TON of other people. You think flying and the water strider was a big deal…just wait.

3 Likes

…there’s an addon for that.

I’ll agree that the RWF was riffled with addons that the rest of us never got to play with because Blizzard made fights in such a way that only the first there got to abuse addons to cheese mechanics.

Any groups using addons in such a way should have their progress removed, addons banned or broken and than try again, it’s not fair to Blizzard for players to basically skip mechanics and phases of fights and even more unfair when the next lot of players get there and it’s now harder.

But as for banning addons altogether I don’t think that is the answer, we are at that point now where there is not much left and when you see the response to the 120 FOV it’s plainly obvious, there is is almost nothing left to innovate in raid fights, they want to keep a smaller FOV to create artificial difficulty.

Great and all, but if they want to create artificial difficulty than they can force a smaller FOV, first person view, limited view like with Jaina, changing the game for everyone, everywhere, removing all addons, limiting game play across the board, that is not the answer. They can simply remove certain options and addons during certain parts of fights, not all the time.

1 Like

Nothing in this game should have anything to do with this. I barely know what it is, and I’m sure 95% of players don’t give a crap what these people do. I use about 50 addons for various things and none of them are game-breaking in any way.

Let me ask you this. Do you think that AOE damage effects are visible? Like generally, in M+? They aren’t. Take DoS for example where you have 10-15 mobs sometimes all grouped up, that Shadowcore ability going down, the swirling NPC copy thing going out, all AOE from players, etc.

Depending on what is going on in the moment, standing in a bladestorm for more than 1 second will kill you. Why would I not have the GTFO addon running to let me know I’m getting hit by something I literally can’t see? Unless they are going telegraph all of this information to us, get rid of almost all ground effects, addons are 100% needed to do your best in those situations.

1 Like

Their both games aren’t they? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well you see – I’m a casual player at the time, along with literally all of my IRL friends who play WoW - and addons like the damage/etc metres and Deadly Boss Mods for dungeons, make it waaaaaay more friendly.

For raids, I don’t really mind that all too much with removing or nerfing DBM.

1 Like

What is stopping you from making the choice of not useing addons, if you ask me your forcing others what you want is selfish.

You are not forced to use addons its a choice.

Tell us free account how does this effect your game play if you haven’t even started playing content.

The many out weigh the few, and no matter what mental gymnastics you use Blizzard is not going to do it. They know they’re revenue depends on it.

I haven’t purchased DF some of us haven’t yet, because we are being wise.

You follow streamers like sheep that is one of the problems.

1 Like

Some people like to improve how well they do something.

Don’t use them :person_shrugging:

This sounds like you need to find better people to group with.

1 Like

It doesn’t make sense from a business standpoint for blizzard to spend money and development time adding in every single addon the players use. Not when there are players willing to do it for them. Banning addons isn’t going to force them to do it either. They’ll just eat the loss of the disabled players and dumb the rest of it down to save money.

I don’t use very many addons and I’d still be able to play without them but I’m not on board with removing them all just bc some people don’t like them or don’t want to feel forced to use them.

1 Like

So, are you saying we shall leave addons to solve this issue?

If the game itself has graphic or visibility issue, it should be fixed by Blizzard devs, from the root, not some 3rd party. That is why I said Blizzard shall improve default settings.

Letting addons to fix wow issue is to create a 2nd problem to fix the 1st problem.

That is why I said basic functions like coord, damage meter, UI customisation, etc. should be integrated into wow’s default settings.

As for combat addons like DBM, their whole purpose is to counter and facilitate fights. Their necessity depends on Blizzard’s encounter design.

1 Like

I agree with your underlying point but let’s be honest, people like flashy, swirly, crazy graphics. And regardless of what people say about WoW’s engine, the game looks fantastic. How many threads do you see about races and appearances and spell effects that have no real bearing on how the game plays. It’s psychotic in my mind but that’s what players care about it seems. So this crazy AOE mess is what we’re left with.

1 Like

I don’t say this often. But —

2 Likes

Please explain.

I’ll wait.

I used to have issues with visibility and seeing spells on the ground, but than I upgraded my PC and now have no issues seeing what is going on, it’s actually quite a difference in being able to see the fire on the ground, and in some cases not at all even see the spells because you play on potato settings.

As for the world first raid kills (RWF), for the lords fight where you need to call out who the dreadlord is so you can get past that phase, there is a weak aura that lets you press a vote button and a number goes over the persons name plate for easy visibility. But th first guilds to do that fight had it setup so it auto voted and took out all players skill and errors and basically made that phase not even a phase, Blizzard may as well have made it so everyone can see who the dreadlords are, those type of addons need to be broken 100%.

There are certainly some addons that need to be removed, and there are also certainly some things Blizzard can do better, but for everything else there is a GTX. Unfortunately it’s the same with every game, if you do not have the computing power to run it the way it was designed, that’s on you, not the developer.

So many assumptions going on here lolol.

I’m running at 144fps on a 1440p gaming display on nearly max settings. Ridiculous post.

They have removed addons in the past. It’s not like it’s never happened. If they felt that WA was “breaking the game” they could have warned those involved. They didn’t, so there you go.

Each damage metre has its own custom look though. They could integrate it into the game, and still piss off a whole majority of players.

The UI customisations Blizzard already confirmed in a Q&A they have underway.

For returning players, it makes things a lot more user friendly. I don’t believe they should be removed, however putting some rules or limits in place - I’d argue could be an acceptable middle-ground.

Removing Postal will really make the game so much better :roll_eyes:

Well than if you run at max settings and cannot differentiate one thing from another that’s on you, sometimes we just need to admit when we are bad, I do it all the time, it’s the best way to learn and get better, admit you are bad instead of relying on something outside your control to hold your hand and baby sit you.

WA’s have broken the game in the past, many addons outside WA have broken the game, and every single one was broken to no longer work, they never removed them, they just stopped the function from working.

But you cannot remove the entire addon like WA because one person found a cheese strat for one fight, and it’s not like the devs could foresee someone doing that to begin with which is why I said if it happens than Blizzard should not just break that function, but also remove all progress made from using such an addon to begin with.