It is Time to Ban WoW Addons

If you want to play at the high end it’s going to be like that :person_shrugging: Do people complain about the amount of stuff NBA players do just to play a game?

What level? Maybe if you find a level of raiding too hard you should drop back down a level :person_shrugging:

It’s not possible to give every player who uses UI addons every configuration possible that addons can provide.

I think it would nuke raids back to the stone age in difficulty :laughing: It would be all Wrath Naxx level raids lol.

Who does this? Just turn on auto update.

It’s actually not necessary unless your addon is bugged.

Disagree

1 Like

the specific ones I used are called

Total RP 3 (also trp3 extended) - which adds a whole menu for player journals and for players to write up their own backstories

as well as “Storyline” - which adds a window showing the PC and NPC talking to each other when in conversation.

2 Likes

Did you just compare people playing WoW to needing to do the same amount of work and effort to play WoW as what NBA players get payed MILLIONS OF DOLLARS for?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You shouldn’t have to look up how to play a game on youtube to play the game, if you do then the developers of the game have seriously failed at communicating to the player what they should be doing in encounters.

Again: the Ballroom Blitz fight (yes, it will be called this from now on, good song and a good fight…usually) communicates clearly and effectively, without dbm, just from emotes, audio, AND how the courtiers move as well.

All of the fights after either have just ‘blend in swirlies’ or very unclear communication of what the mechanic you encounter is and you have to just ‘figure it out’ despite the hugely heavy penalties of raid whipes. Heck, even the Denathrius fight is much better handled, as the ‘pools’ he makes are suuuper clear on the ground, the different phases are super clearly telegraphed, as are the attacks, and nothing is ‘instant death’ in the fight (very quick death if you stand in the sick, but not instant) now, lets compare that to Sylvanis, the end boss of the next tier. Phase 1 has lots of swirlies that are similarly colored to the platform and some hits that will just…delete clothies if they get hit (it might be small individual AOE but they are spammed EVERYWHERE), then there is the chain run for p2…my god, who thought that was a good idea “Hey guys, run along these chains with death drops, kill fairly tanky adds, and dodge abilities, sorry casters yall are going to be gimped through this, so the dps checks will be harder, oh, and if you aren’t quick enough you have to restart the fight!” then comes p3, and the ‘platform hopping’ mechanic, while intersting on paper, the execution was horrible as nothing in game really communicated ‘get off the platform’ and with the particle effects, it looks like you should be fine on the platform if you stand in the right spots, but that’s just a lie.

A boss fight should effectively communicate what’s needed/what the player needs to do, within the fight it’s self and shouldn’t need special guides/tutorials to make sense of.

2 Likes

Well, if WoW was a mouth breather type game, they wouldn’t have to. WoW is extremely complex from specializations, and min maxing stats. Most newbs won’t know about simulationcraft (simc), raidbots, dbm, bartender, elvui, or most other addons. They then under perform because a lack of knowledge. You can’t genuinely be arguing for simple fights when everything in this game has layers and layers of $hit on it. This isn’t vanilla where you have to try to get aggro for 15mins, and dps can’t parse other wise the whole raid dies or something like that. Vanilla raids, and forward were just as sweaty without the addons.

Being that a MMO is about communication, socializing, and low and behold, Youtube, Twitch, these very forums, are good places to learn information from experienced players. Even addons pass that experience forward and make life easier, including vuhdo and things of that nature. I don’t blame addons or the devs for this, if you’re new, and you outright refuse to learn from others, or socialize, that is a you problem boo boo.

If the player refuses to learn, and continuously makes mistakes, they should anticipate being sat out. There isn’t a whole lot you can do for those types of people, but the community shouldn’t have to suffer because of them either. I help people out where I can in game too. I take advice when it is presented in game.

True. All this means is Blizzard should vastly improve in that area.

2 Likes

Lol yes they do. If you are using any sort of boss mods.

1 Like

How about improve QoL addons and get rid of stuff like weak auras, dbm, damage meters, all sites that show how well you did? If the group accomplishes the goal it is good enough. We should not have addons telling us when and what to do all the time. I could see a simple damage meter to improve yourself as long as you do not spam it at people, that is fair, just be nice about it.

I dont think you speak for everyone lol

1 Like

Yea but how will all the people brag about their dps ? Or talk bad about someone thats doing low dps… seems to be the way of wow now adays

1 Like

Wont somebody please think of the meter maids?

There are a lot of people who dislike laptops, difference is we’re not petitioning to take away the ability to play WoW on a laptop.

2 Likes

No.

10 chars

2 Likes

I think it’s time we make everyone’s toons/accounts transparent to stop lvl10’s from trolling.

4 Likes

To put it simply…NO. :100:

its time for you to stop communicating and keep your filthy words to yourself. the like 30 people in the world that want this can play something else.

1 Like

Exactly.

Combat related addon like DBM is totally counterproductive. Why would Blizzard make a complicated fight, then a 3rd party make an addon to counter it?

The same goes for addons like mission manager, zm puzzle helper, etc. Why make a minigame when the addon does it for player?

As long as addons still exist, this design dilemma will remain. As for some other UI or info addons, players don’t really need them, they are just used to them.

That’s why banning addons (forbid 3rd party access to the game) is the only solution to this eternal arms race.

Blizzard should definitely improve the default UI and functions. At the same time, addons shall be banned.

It is an either all-in or all-out decision, either allowing all addons, or banning all addons. There is no middle ground.

I am for banning all addons. I don’t think something like “banning combat addons, allowing UI/RP addons” is technically or logically correct.

This game’s reliance on addons is scandalous nowadays.

No it’s not. Quit being a whiner

1 Like

It certainly did. Almost two decades of addons and a rich tradition of using them as kind of a mini-beta for functions that are later added to the base game means they will never go away. I don’t really use (many of) them myself, but I do use a lot of functions that started out as addons, so I’m more than okay with them existing.

If you really look at it who even knows where the game would be at if it didn’t have addons, their impact is that profound.

3 Likes

Too profound, to the extent that, for some players, addon settings are more important than game settings, for them to play the game.

And if players can’t play the game normally without addons, that is a problem.

2 Likes