It doesn't fit anymore ... Drop it

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So instead of having the Classic be a free bonus for people who are subbed to WoW, they have to sub either two or one of those mmo’s?

The fact that it was a “fee bonus” is the issue.

I don’t see the issue with this. You pay 15 bucks a month to get access to 2 games. That’s like a normal steam sale right there where you bring in 15 bucks and come out with 2-4 games, 5-10 if your very lucky.

1 Like

Clearly. :roll_eyes:

From the perspective of somebody who played a bit of Classic and mostly plays Retail, i like that $15 allows you to get those two games. And i think Classic is a good game. Not great or perfect, and certainly not my cup of tea, but a good enough old school RPG that is pretty seemingly complex but easy to get into as well. :slight_smile:

I honestly don’t understand why some people wanted the subs to be separate. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

If it’s like $7.50 per version, i guess that will be fine cause technically speaking, it is still the same price when you break it down. Though i don’t know how that will still be the case if TBC servers come out as an addition, if the numbers will go upwards or divide the sub into 3’s.

1 Like

That was never a question. The issue is not affordability and how nice that was for existing retail players. The issue is what that free accessibility did to classic.

What do you not understand? Pehaps scroll up to where the issues were clearly outlined?

I’m guessing telling you it did a huge boost to the subs is out of the question? :man_shrugging:

What? The boost in subs was from those who were returning to the game, not those who already had subs and were given the second game’s access. The “boost in subs” would have occurred regardless of if it were bundled or not.

And “boosting subs” (read: bloating classic with a large number of retailers with the content locust and zoomer mentalities that come with them) did classic no favors.

2 Likes

Because of Classic.

It was for ,all intents an purposes, a new game to a lot of people who haven’t played WoW and a return to form to those who quit previously, and that boost and so on, put them on the proverbial limelight, that being twitch and such.

Now while i have offered my skepticism on the numbers and how much it actually boosted, i can say that Classic was successful in reeling in lots of people, and i’m looking at articles of saying “Classic improved WoW’s subs”.

If were talking about the community side of things, well… this is the WoW community were talking about, and some subset of the Classic players are retailers, private server players or new players who might not understand Vanilla. I don’t think it’s a good idea to chase people off the game, but convince them to that the community’s/Dev’s, etc way of thinking (not playing) is good and should be praised and encouraged. Or something like that.

I have a hard time saying that pushing yourself to be the best you can be is a bad thing. I guess its up to the individual to decide where or not its worth their time. If they think it is, well, its hard to condemn them for it.

The problem as I see it is this: Once a meta has been established and its adopted by a decent amount of people it then becomes the defacto standard everyone is held too whether they agree with it or not. If you want to run outside cookie cutter norms then youre a POS butthole that no one should play with. So you end up alienating a whole bunch of people based on a difference in ideology even though there is no real wrong way to enjoy the game.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:

You are still not getting what is actually being discussed: the easy access of retailers to classic and what baggage that imported.

1 Like

:point_up:

I actually edited this in my previous comment.

I am glad a lot of people is playing Classic and Classic is booming as it is. I do agree they should at least play in a way that is in the spirit of Classic.

F the meta - more boomkins - go.

gyazo dot com/3d42d1de9ea6263a3c99f7e4a9873ab8

1 Like

And nobody is suggesting that they be “chased off”, but rather have skin in the game in the way of a sub cost, rather than a freebee given to subs of an entirely different game, with entirely different mindset.

Regardless, that ship has sailed. Blizzard were warned of what would happen LOOOOONG before the decision to bundle even happened.

And Again, if the price if $7.50 to access Classic, and same with Retail (2 together makes $15), I don’t think many gamers would have a problem with that.

If it’s just another $15 on top the $15 were already paying, in a goal to make those who doesn’t want to or can’t afford both, choose which one they want really want, i don’t think many gamers will like that. Especially since Classic is 99% based off a game that is 15 years old and it’s not even one of those “reshade-masters”, just essentially a straight port with UI tweaks to fit on a 16:9, 16:10 screens and an upgraded engine. Not to mention Private servers exist for free. Classic is already on a shaky ground in terms on how to price the game cause of that.

…Also, when i say “reshade-master”, do you know those games where sometimes they get remastered and it looks pretty much the same, but maybe the textures are slightly better, the colors pop a bit more and some of the stuff is tidied up? ReShade, does the whole color changing thing as well other graphical effects, and hence the name i given it “ReShade-master”. It makes it less confusing for me if were talking about Remasters… I’m rambling.

You did not get classic for $7.50/mo. You got it completely free with your existing retail sub.

I could give a donkey’s :poop: what many “gamers” would like. I care about the integrity of vanilla classic, and the feels of the typical retail player is on my list of things to care about right beneath what type of shaving cream Kim Kardashian uses on her arm pits.

No, the how spiel with $7.50/mo is in the event if we do separate the sub, cause in my opinion, that’s fair to do.

What do you suggest the separate subs look like then and what the pricing for those two in this world where the games are separated? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Millennials and zoomers :roll_eyes:

1 Like

If you don’t like being online, don’t be.

Not sure how old you were during vanilla but player base is no different. Its just easy to find the info now. The only issue with the game is having to many on the servers. It really makes the selling runs and mat shorter a problem.

1 Like