It doesn't fit anymore ... Drop it

$15 each, with a box cost to begin play.

So $30 for two WoWs or $15 for one WoW? Especially considering previously (well currently) it was $15 for two WoW’s? That’s personally going to be a hard sell for me and a lot of people like me personally. Especially since i’m paying $15 for essentially a slight rework of the 15 year old game.

...not to mention the private servers are doing it for free...

But i’l leave that up to the general public here on deciding what they want here. Maybe we can have a poll on here and see what is the people want here.

• Pay a single $15 sub fee a month to get access to two games.
  • Pay $15 for each game a month, or doubled if you want both games.

I didn’t have an existing retail sub when I started playing classic. I’m getting free access to retail with my classic sub even though I have no intention of playing it again. I’m not complaining or suggesting the pricing should be changed. Just that some of us are getting free access to a game we don’t want or intend to play, either retail or classic.

1 Like

The worst of your “content locusts/zoomers” came from P-servers, not retail.

3 Likes

My gym has free Pilates classes. I am never in my life going to a Pilates class… but I dont demand a lower membership because I’m not using 100% of the services offered. That’s just not how life works.

1 Like

yes I know and I agree. I’m just responding to the claim that we’re getting classic free with a retail sub. It’s the opposite in my, and likely many, case.

only a very small percentage of players in classic actually played vanilla, because theose players all have families now, and classic is way to big a time sink for your average 35-40 year old.

A decent percentage of my raid team are married and/or have kids actually.

Right, me also… still we are the vast minority. The neckbeards are so long in retail they probably need to go to the salon to get braids.

This aint your 30+ year old with a family.

I dunno man. I have 2 raid teams I’ve been clearing content with for 6 months and we’ve had very few neckbeards and they mostly get mad about loot early on anyway and see themselves out. I think the very youngest are early 20’s and the oldest are in their 50’s or up, I dont think you can fit classic players into a specific demograpic

1 Like

They are entirely different games, attached solely name-wise. They should have had 2 separate up front costs as well as separate subs.

The “general public here” consists largely of players getting it for free with their regular retail sub.

Those of us who returned for JUST classic are doing precisely that, paying $15 a month for 15 year old content. Having to pay for something is always a “hard sell” over getting it for free.

1 Like

Nowhere did I demand a lower cost.

Its also straight up different, 1.12 is a patch that didnt exactly define vanilla to begin with, and there are many changes to pvp and pve as a whole.
most people remember times BEFORE 1.12, which is with burning crusade already in mind for the future changes.

I’ve had one bad pug since classic launched. The idea that the community is unusually toxic is confined to the forums.

2 Likes

Front Costs? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So pay something like $30 to get into Classic and pay $15 more atferwards for a 15 year old game?

And i’m guessing cause they don’t want to play $30 for two WoWs if they happen to play both.

Now to be fair, i don’t know how many people would think about the $7.50 per WoW idea of mine, i would wager most would just argue to just leave it be.

Well your already doing that, that $15 dollar just covers retail too.

I don’t know why you want to make it more expensive for people other then to gatekeep people you don’t like.

Well in Blizzard’s case, having anything for free from them is a hard sell these days too, given how pretty hands off they been with classic, and some other problems that aren’t player made like the spell batching. And while i do like starting at 1.12, i do admit, it would’ve been a lot more interesting to start at the very launch and see where it goes from there, but Blizzard no anybody has the WoW vanilla from 0 to 11.

Not to mention the performence, aside from using the legion engine, server wise has been surprisingly lower quality then the private servers. You think being the official servers, they would have the knowledge to make it run fantastically. So already Classic is just starting below them. And if you’re gonna make it paid, you better offer something that is way better then Private servers.

And considering this is meant to be an authentic Vanilla experience, that further constricts that. The big problem that is they’re already started below and didn’t work to get it above the competition in the long term. Simply being free with retail’s sub is really their best option they got.

Dude, I get it, you are a retailer who would rather not have to pay a single cent more for access to classic. Fortunately for you, blizzard gave it to you for free, being fearful that BFA is not enough to hold you.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m simply telling you the predicament of what Classic possibly might be is in and why it might not be a good idea to separate and raise the prices all just because you want don’t want certain people in the game.

I thought Classic is a community social game? So why not just exclude people that you dislike in groups and what not and just blacklist them? Especially reputation matters in that game?

1 Like

Do you honestly believe that classic needs retail players in order to remain healthy population-wise? And the point is all just because of the effect the retailer mentality is having on classic.

Then let’s all make a guild with the same mindset it’s not hard people

1 Like

Where do i said i believe Classic needs Retail players? Cause i don’t believe that.

I don’t believe Classic should scare off retailers or any player for that matter either, same goes to Retail for Classicers, or any player for that matter.

And again, was the focus of Classic is community, server reputation and all that? Or if you don’t wish to play with that person, you blacklist them or you don’t play with them?

1 Like