Issues with Mechagnome unlocking

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a blue response about this yet. They responded to the vulpera unlock questline complaints real quick. :confused:

3 Likes

Sounds like Horde biasm to me, amirite fellas (please don’t hurt me <_<)

2 Likes

I mentioned this in another thread when people were asking if Horde could unlock Mechagnomes - there are two achievements, an Alliance version

and a Horde version

They have different sub components, so they aren’t just “the same”. Clearly the embassy is only checking if you have the Alliance one and not either.

However I agree that your achievements UI shows you as having completed the Alliance version even if you only did it on Horde. So at this point it is hard to say what they intended and we’ll need a clarification.

The good news at least is that at the start of a major patch they pretty much do hotfixes every day for several days so it is likely to get fixed up quickly (if it actually is broken and not meant to be this way).

It’s probably different in that regard because Alliance and Horde are talking to two different people and seeing two different experiences going into the zone. Learned just yesterday after seeing it from the Alliance perspective.

I’d like to know from Blizz if this is something they intend to fix though, so I can know whether or not I can give up hope and just transfer my gold and bags back to my Horde side.

2 Likes

BlizzardCS has given me a working on it message so who knows

1 Like

I checked the CS forums and found something kind of worrying.

He says that “you shouldn’t have to grind out additional reputation” but at the same time “It is the story achievement that needs to be completed.” which is contradictory because the story achieve is in fact reliant on grinding out reputation. So I fear that this blue isn’t fully aware of the circumstances, or is in fact lying to us.

1 Like

I feel it’s more the latter than the former given the circumstances.

Eeeeey, it’s me!

This is what I was talking about earlier on, about how the Gm mentioned that the requirements involved no double-grinding, only the reputation maxed and the questline completed. I, uh, didn’t really have time to point out that statement and the irony in it.

They really just need to make it so you can get the dungeon quest without revered rep.

3 Likes

In an ideal situation you’d be right, but I have my suspicions that Blizzard might not budge on this one.

You could open Nightborne having done rep and achievement on either faction.

2 Likes

I just logged in to see the situation for myself and am able to start the unlock chain even though I did the Mechagonian Threat on my Horde main. The flag in the embassy shows only the rep done and not the achieve but I was still offered Urgent Care which is the first quest in the unlock chain. This is on an Alliance toon that is also Exalted Mecha even though it has not completed the dungeon.

Not sure if that is a recent change they made, nor have I completed the chain yet to see if it actually unlocks.

[edit] Finished chain, unlock done. So it looks like having an Exalted Rustbolt toon Alliance side was enough even though the flag was telling me I needed the Threat achieve too.

Just checked, still nothing on my end.

2 Likes

Same here. I keep logging on back and forth and waiting. I’d do the faction change but who even knows if it carries over in this busted achievement land we call Mechagon

Ion just tweeted: "If you have it on a Horde character, that should count. There’s a separate bug we’re tracking down that’s affecting some characters - we hope to have it resolved tonight. All you should need to do on your Alliance character is the Mechagon intro (“Welcome to the Resistance”) "

1 Like

CAN CONFIRM a fix. Log out in the embassy and log back in. Worked for me!

1 Like

1 Like

You da best. :slight_smile:

And so is Blizzard. Thanks for the prompt fix!

Still some slight issues. Kelsey Steelspark is supposed to be in front of the Boralus Fountain, and she isn’t for me. The question mark to turn it in is there, but she isn’t.

1 Like