Is WoW pay2win now?

for me having an ingame shop mount is an advantage. Why cant i get those mounts without paying?

You don’t that is the point! You do the things in game that you find fun.

for me fun = win

Let me know when you have had some fun then.

I find that statement to be completely false. If there was no winning then there’d be no leaderboard, no competitions, and therefore no winning. There is most definitely a world first Ny’ alotha clear though. There are most definitely 1st place MDI players. There are top tier Arena players. So just by those examples alone there is definitely a method to win in WoW.

It dosent matter if it is obtainable ingame or not, the fact that you can buy the highest tier rewards with IRL money makes it P2W.

1 Like

You are the reason companies will continue to release games like Fallout 76 from now on, and nothing the caliber of WoW ever has been at any point up until now ever will be released again.

Blizzard stated specifically that they don’t support a World First Race!

So, you are saying these players in the MDI competition paid for their win with cash in the MDI competition?

I find that completely:

Let me know when you got something real to your pay to win feelings.

I had fun last week when i got the rival achievement which according to you is not winning.

https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/comments/f0ijz0/limit_is_250_million_gold_in_debt_40000_after/

Don’t think it counts as pay2win if the item in question is still available in game, even if it’s not easy to get.

Not to mention, someone who just buys their items may not actually perform better than someone who has lesser items but more experience.

Anyone who does that is stupid, as it gives no real advantage save for maybe the damage meters, and only then if they manage to survive mechanics and such. WoW isn’t p2w.

You must be seeing a special cash shop that I don’t have access to. I don’t see any tier rewards of any sort for sale.

ya not true, you can easily slay people in arena with BiS corruption and playing like an idiot where you miss all the kicks, dont cc and los your healer.

Please do not encourage this practice. Don’t accept it any point in any capacity.

The line is cosmetics.

I am arguing that WoW most definitely in the very least has winning in it via some means. I said nothing about MDI players winning via Pay to Win methods. I also stated that for some, or perhaps even many, winning can be rather subjective depending upon their goals in the game.

And anyone who plays arena knows that, so is that really winning? I’d guess that anyone actually good at pvp are sitting this season out because of that.

Dude
10char

Yes, and thats sad. Players should not be sitting out like this. Why do you think they are not buying those items as well? They value skill over pay 2 win.

MDI players play on a tournament realm. They don’t have to buy or farm gear for their characters on there in the first place.