Is wow pay to win now?

Yes you must buy your token from blizzard.

Noticing a lot of people in the thread that have never played video games outside of WoW and don’t know what what the definition of pay to win is, so for those people;

In some games, players who are willing to pay for special items or downloadable content may be able to gain an advantage over those playing for free who might otherwise need to spend time progressing in order to unlock said items. In general a game is considered pay-to-win when a player can gain any gameplay advantage over his non-paying peers, which is shown in games such as FIFA. Such games are called “pay-to-win” by critics

Simply paying for the ability to save time over other players is already pay to win, hence buying a boost was the first instance of pay to win and people denied it back then and still do today, they fundamentally don’t understand what pay to win means and try to apply their own definition to it so WoW is excluded.

3 Likes

So i can’t buy gear from blizzard then right?

Buying gear with gold just saves the time and you can skip farming that piece from raids or whatever.

It’s moreso “Pay to Skip”, but in essence you’re not playing the game, you’re just spending money to bypass a part of the game you otherwise would’ve played.

Pay-to-skip

I get what he’s saying. If people want to spend money good on them. Runescape mobile had that one dude spend tens of thousands. Now that is pay to win

Show me the seller that will give me a Mythic N’zoth kill on the 28th. I gotta make sure i get my kill before Method has the raid available to them.

They won’t allow you to buy gear without them getting the money for the token. They won’t allow you without using their token, on their AH and their gold. Their game is what generates the loot and the system that allows it to be given to your character.

So I would say unless you are an absolute simpleton, that yes, it’s blizzard selling you the loot through the token system. The fact some random group of players was motivated by the lure of WoW gold to spend their time in game is irrelevant.

Just like the entire requirement you have of there being some absolute, instant, direct link between giving your money to a company and recieving (only your definition, mind you) of ‘winning’.

Simplying it down helps show how you are pointlessly nitpicking.

If Blizzard sold you a mythic boe for $50, 99% of people would call that p2w.

But because you spent $50 on tokens, then a few minutes later went to the AH and bought that mythic BOE with your token gold, it’s not p2w. That’s the childless level of argument you are running here.

Also you should probably drop your use of the term intermediary, given the dictionary definition of it explains that they’re considered a mediator or medium through which you and the main party come to an agreement, IE, if you using an intermediary to buy off Blizzard, you are buying off Blizzard.

1 Like

What does that have to do with the game being pay2win or not?

You said they were readily available all the time. I want to make sure I get my kills first by opening my wallet.

8.3 hasn’t released yet, what does this have to do with whether the game is pay2win?

I said the 28th. The day mythic opens up. I want to pay for my N’zoth kill before EU opens up. I will pay someone $1,000,000 for it. Blizzard take my money.

What does that have to do with the game being pay2win though? If you want to write a blog try twitter.

There is a big difference between paying us mythic neckbeards to carry you and just selling mythic gear from the in game shop.

Blizz couldn’t stop ppl buying runs if they wanted to. How do you prove someone bought a carry vs someone who was trialing for the night, sucked, and failed their trial?

If there’s such a big difference could you perhaps write it down in words for us?

I want to pay to win. I don’t want to pay to get second place n’zoth kill. I want that first one not to get carried and get someone’s sloppy seconds :angry:

If your definition of pay2win is access to future content now then no game is p2w.

I know that pay to win is similar in the fact that I sell a token for 180k gold, and can now buy two 430 pieces off of the AH.

1 Like

I think me buying the equivalent to an IL 500 item when the cap a non-payer gets is 450 is pretty pay to win and is commonplace in the mobile market.

In WoW a person can buy mythic ilvl gear that is 50 ilvls higher than what they have, so are you agreeing its p2w?

It is not P2W, but unfortunately if it leads to a greater and greater microtransaction that forces us to pay it obligatorily, and refers a lot to skins, lately they made a promotion The First Satyr’s Spaulders and along with other transmogs that I gave as unlimited time.

Fortunately it does not harm and does not affect the experience in the playability of this MMO, but I do not know that experience and that pleasure that was seen in previous examinations such as Vanilla until the Cataclism where this game environment did not affect a bit unpleasant.

some served as Dotty or Mischief for the donation that Blizzard supposedly makes to this charity of MakeAWish (I think it’s called that) but it was also annoying in another way how to get a lot of gold through the WoWtokens by eliminating the famous Brontosaurus mount that is already popular This other thread.