Is wow pay to win now?

OP has 5 troll posts and you all fall for it everytime

2 Likes

jokes on u nerd, this is my first time falling for it as i just started using the forums today :sunglasses:

4 Likes

They need to get their chuckles somewhere. Appears most of them were in classic forum and at least one was buried. Maybe they are better at identifying them than GD since they got 32 upvotes on one of them here.

I’m not saying that’s not a thing they do, but the other guy I was responding to was saying that people don’t buy tokens for runs.

It’s flat out untrue. I’ve known people who have done the runs and I’ve known people who have bought runs with token money.

1 Like

They way I see it, we’ve managed to have a productive discussion in spite of the OP, not because of them.

2 Likes

Dude I loved STO pre buyout! It was a great game! But like you said when then started putting ships in boxes and announcing Everytime someone opened one and got a ship in EVERY channel no matter if you were on their shard or not, that’s when it went to poop. Talk about a wasted franchise!

2 Likes

Calling people a shill doesn’t help your argument, I’m starting to think you don’t know what shill means - you probably use it all the time when someone has a differing opinion than you.

You do know you can get free carries… while not paying anything.
Learn the difference with carries that have been around since WoW’s inception and being able to pay from the store for power upgrades that literally give you the ability to stomp over the content giving you an unfair advantage over those in-game.

Learn the difference. Don’t reply if all you’ll say is that I’m a shill… just wasting my time.

4 Likes

no pay to win means can you pay real life money to get more power which this is. just because its not in blizz’s cash shop, which it kinda technically is when your purchasing a wow token doesnt mean your not paying real life money to gain power

2 Likes

So what would you call it if someone paid for Mythic runs every single week with tokens? Maybe this has been brought up as I haven’t read every post.

Getting carried.

1 Like

you forgot to add for gold purchased with real life money to the end of your statement

1 Like

winning is whatever you see as winning. and some do think gear is winning.

In that case, every game in existence in pay 2 win.

Ever played that Pay 2 Win game Tetris? See, to me, winning is “owning the game”. And I paid money to own Tetris. Therefor, I paid to win.

If we give such flimsy personal bias aspects of what “winning” is, then I can turn every game out there into a “pay 2 win” game.

2 Likes

I said it earlier, but, again, the coined term changes with an open ended MMO like WoW. Tetris has a very obvious end-game goal for every player: Getting the highest score you can. But in WoW, different players see different parts of the endgame as winning.

1 Like

Its not about gaining gear being winning, that gear translates to higher dps and more stam which translates to being able to do harder content, or own in pvp.

if we look back at the star wars battlefront game that started the pay to win outrage look what caused it, a gun for the deluxe edition that was better than anything else in the game, a piece of GEAR that translated to more damage. sound familiar?

2 Likes

People do and it’s amusing but thru the yrs i have seen many guildies act this way

If your argument that tokens aren’t P2W is along the lines of “every game is P2W because you have to put money in at some point and also some people act beyond of the rules and reach of the game devs”, then you have created your own definition for P2W and are not discussing the same thing that everyone else is discussing.

3 Likes

that’s the funny part to this really.

these people are just charging for a very common thing done among friends.

see the friend come back after a long break. so as a good a friend to help them get spun up you send some decent BOE in the mail. Get the crew together and carry them to get settled in.

very common place really. all the sellers are doing is making money on it.

Worst they do is crap up chats but tbh…not a big deal to me as I ignore most open chat anyway. I joined some cool guilds for my horde and alliance. Only chat I need to see really.

Sick punchline is the seller spam is the least annoying for me in some chats when I do see it. SW chat on some servers I fear somedays. I fear for the future of humanity. the gold sellers the least problematic posters really. put their ads and leave…

2 Likes

More Damage!!!

If your argument is “my personal made up definition of ‘winning’ makes WoW pay2win, while I dismiss that the same mechanics existed before tokens”…then you created your own definition for P2W.

Weird how only one side can blatantly make up their own definition of what constitutes “winning”.

2 Likes