Is vol'jin gay?

You play a demon hunter named itaachi that should quite honestly be bannable

You asked for LGBT representation on a DEAD main character, Vol’jin is dead. Then we worked out that you were trolling anyway.

Tbh i just don’t want sexuality period lol

2 Likes

Why because I massacred my own clan in cold blood ??

4 Likes

I’m a bi dude and even I think this demand do make previously established characters come out as gay a dumb thing.
I’m completely ok with gay, bi, straight, trans or whatever sexuality Blizzard decides to make their characters, but seriously, leave that to new characters, like it was with Pelagos or the Deer couple in Ardenweald. Don’t keep asking for old characters to be changed, it’s stupid.

2 Likes

That’s fine. My question is why it has to be mandatory? Why do we expect Azerothian characters to behave like Earth people? Some of it will be coincidence if not done on purpose, but does it have to happen at all?

Can we be ok with characters on an alien world not behaving like Earth people? Perhaps even if it’s only the leadership?

1 Like

The character quote clearly isn’t finished yet.

I love threads like these because I know what I’m getting into when I click into it

I know that when I click on the thread there’s going to a ton of ignored comments.

I love this.

Also, Rhielle go to bed. It’s 3 am.

1 Like

Ban him for?

We have it. Flynn. A major lore character this is obviously already straight and had kids won’t make sense to randomly become gay especially since he’d DEAD and about yo be reborn. Palagos is BiS for a lot of specs and he’s said by blizz themselves to be trans. If you want more representation ask for new characters without literally 20 years of backstory.

3 Likes

I wonder what’s the obsession on GD to know what gender any character is into…

will never understand it.

4 Likes

If you’re itaachi then I’m Sasuke

Sure, but if there’s straight relationship (which there are plenty of them and some well written), it would seem wrong not to include any lgbt representation or poorly written ones. Plenty of people including myself like a good love story, it adds to the characters and gives a sense of a living breathing individual in a fantasy world. lgbt or not, I think representation is pretty important in todays age.

1 Like

fiiiiiiine.

:kissing_heart:

3 Likes

No… I have 1.5 more hours to go. You have to keep me sane.

1 Like

I stayed up till 5:30, myself.

I can’t. It’s actually 5:30am here. LOL

But my circadian rhythm is messed up, because of COVID. The neurological Long haul effects can actually change your circadian rhythm. Apparently I’m now one of those people. Fun times.

1 Like

I am in middle of work, in office, arguing with OP :joy::joy::joy:

Ahh I will be in trouble in my manager sees me. Gotta go

As a straight person I don’t feel represented by straight characters. I may agree with the behaviors of lgbt characters more than straight ones, depending on circumstances they’re in and how they respond, but I never feel represented by any characters in the fantasy setting.

So, I don’t understand what being represented can even feel like, let alone the myriad complexitied that run even deeper into player+universe psychology, but I don’t believe it invalidates my idea that nobody needs to be represented by anything at all.

3 Likes

I am only awake because I sleep 4 hours a day and work 13, so I’m not off yet, but you are all normal people who need sleep. :slight_smile: