Is this the pre-patch event....really?

Well, we’ll all be in Bastion at the same time as well, so um…have fun with that?

2 Likes

This is what I was referring to.

Usually dies down from the initial rush. I’m not keen on doing it on other characters. So trying to finally settle on a ‘main’ for once BUT not going well.

I’d just wait a while. I might do my cloak quest on my freshly dinged priest later on and then try again after that. No point in doing anything now.

I have killed him. The lag was not an issue for me. I also play on a fairly dead server.

Wyrmrest must have had 500 people standing on top of Putricide. We couldn’t move for about 10 minutes, followed by the next world boss spawning (Darkwhisper), tagging it, and people being ported back to Putricide and not getting any loot.

1 Like

No I did the kill 12 scourge and heal 4 injured npcs and there was nothing left to do :man_shrugging:
Am I supposed to fly randomly around Icecrown looking for rare spawns?
I don’t know who Nathanos is really, as I have never once capped a horde toon

Theres a daily quest to collect scourgestones, im up to 174 of them and my progress bar is only at 60%.

Its worse actually because its a multi BILLION dollar company…i have more sympathy that most raging since i work in IT and know how large scale go lives czn be, even with testing,

A lot of stuff I’m reading is by people without clue one on how this goes in the real world.

However, the folks saying how much time they had and the resources of a compzny of their size…well they arent wrong either.

4 Likes

If they are going to use recycled content then how about stuff that actually looks good? Release the old tier 3 sets for crying out loud! The prepatch armor looks awful and its going to be replaced immediately in Shadow Lands anyways, so why time gate it?

Completely uninspired.

6 Likes

Because they can. Or they should be able to unless their infrastructure is poorly designed. I work for a moderately sized wastewater utility. If our IT infrastructure is more scalable than WoW servers, that’s just sad.

Considering how long it takes to get all t he currency, yeah I might just try it out some more later but that’s about it. I’m still figuring out if I can have a ‘main’ for once :stuck_out_tongue:

Plus the fact that we DID this 11 years ago and it was just fine
Massive groups of people would be doing dailies and hanging out at the tierset vendors in 2009 with nothing like the lag now

1 Like

Yep, this is how they fixed the classic server issue.

Just ignore it until it goes away.

1 Like

You know they expect SL to flop because they are releasing classic Naxx in the same financial quarter

1 Like

The event was, once again, a snooze-fest. At least they could offer some sort of reward instead of a bunch of dailies…

Be honest. Invasions weren’t fun after about 3 minutes. People praise them because they made leveling a cakewalk, like how it is now.

I work in IT. It’s a complete waste of time to do something that costs money and resources when waiting an hour will fix the problem.

Just be patient and play and alt

You’d think that experience would help anyway. Could be a host of differences though …different hardware, personnel changes…different priorities and planning (my guess is that one btw).

Rage is hard to speak with rationally, people are mad it is what they say it is…so if they say no blizz is just dumb you cant talk them off that. But yeah without the details we cant honestly say what the issue is or why its different this time.

I would like to know what company you work for so I can avoid them at all costs
What a splendid attitude “Give me money and I’ll give you a product that works when enough people stop using it”

5 Likes