Is this the pre-patch event....really?

We have had sharding and phasing in WoW for like 3 expansions now.

We had groups of 20+ people flying around (and more riding and running) during the Legion event without issue.

6 Likes

I am really disappointed in this pre expac event. I would actually consider it to be the worst one I have seen. It just seems lazy. I am not including lag ( I did not have an issue with any). Lackluster would be a compliment to this… recycle.

6 Likes

It is really bad. I was going to gear up 20+ alts but now im gonna let my sub run out in 2 days till SL launches.

AHHAHAHAH
You want to start a WoW timeshare?
Ok group A can play on tues & thurs 12am-1:45pm and Sun 3pm-6pm
Group B can play thur- sat 2am-6am and 3pm-10pm

4 Likes

It will fix itself in a day. Calm down and quit crying on your soup.

whAT?!! YoU dOnt LiKE dAilieS?

BuT tHeSe aRe fRom 20o9!!!

4 Likes

I canceled our subs. This is with having already purchased shadowlands on 3 of them. I mean, don’t get me wrong the subs are prepaid for a couple months so we will at least try out Shadowlands but if this is an indication of what to expect , yeah I think we will be best to stay unsubbed.

This is so bad it’s embarrassing. Then again, going by the state Shadowlands is in, I’m not surprised they’re putting all people on that and not into making an actual pre-patch event.

1 Like

When my models are large and my process simulations are taking too long to run, I call IT and say “hey, I need more resources” and somehow, magically, I get more resources and my simulations run faster. It’s apparently not rocket science for them, but appears to be for you and Blizzard. Not sure why it’s so difficult for you to understand that “that’s the way it’s always been” is the worst possible excuse in the world for continuing to do something a certain way.

10 Likes

A multi-million dollar company, 16 year old game and they still can’t figure out how to keep the servers stable when it’s obvious more people would be coming back for the pre-patch! It’s a failure, but it’s not new and I’m over it!

8 Likes

Why do you think they are keeping azerite and essences in until the second SL drops?
They could have had a nice quest line…maybe a scenario that got you some nice transmogs (I dont think you should need gear upgrades going into a new xpac) but instead just do 2009 dailies pls

2 Likes

Then stop playing the game if you hate it so much :man_shrugging:t2:

I’m pretty sure by later tonight it’ll be pretty quick to get things done. It took like an hour to get all the dailies and the questline done on one character earlier and I gave up after that just from how busy it was.

You would think after so many extended maintenance hours over the last few weeks they could at least provide a somewhat playable event, but nope, lag as hell, got so pissed I had to log out and go do something else in the hopes that i’ll be able to least move my character later.

Where did I say I hated the game? I simply know that Blizzard can and should do better.

4 Likes

I feel the same way right now. This is by far the worst prepatch event they’ve launched. Always enjoyed the others, even with some lag and bugs (that’s inevitable, have accepted it over the years).

With all the talk about how they’ve delayed Shadowlands for quality reasons, I really hope it is a better experience than this.

But we’ve all been saying it from the beginning: DO NOT FUNNEL US ALL INTO THE SAME ZONE AT LAUNCH OR WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY.
Same thing is happening right this moment in Icecrown.

7 Likes

Except that by having all their focus on SL 9.1 is going to suffer terribly and so on
Heck the SL delay is probably going to negatively impact 10.0 because Acti can’t take a moment and fix their crap because their release cycle will fall behind

2 Likes

i had almost no lag in ice crown and didnt see a single alliance
i also walked away with 50 commendations so you def did something wrong

You must not have killed a world boss yet, or rather, attempted to. It is absolutely ridiculous atm.

Honestly though, why would they go through all the trouble and resources to fix something when it will literally fix itself in a few hours with people leaving Ice Crown?

People need to learn to stop being so damn impatient. The event is here for two weeks.