Is this the pre-patch event....really?

Its just the Argent tournament…
Almost unchanged, just kill scourge for dailies in Icecrown with no discernible difference than when I did it in WotLK
I guess there are rare mobs but I can’t imagine a reason to struggle the through the lag 80 people in a zone causes.
aaAAAaaAAaAAaaAnd they just crammed horde and ally together soo boomkin go brrrrrrr and everyone else has to cast or run to the mobs lol
I “unlocked” two dailies did them got 14 commendations and the vendor min price was 15 AHAHAHAH
If there is more coming later I’m not going back to Icecrown, if I missed something oh well I’m not going back, its wasn’t something I looked forward to doing the first time in 2009 when the servers actually worked. I haven’t purchased SL and with this I’m gonna spend my $60 on almost anything else

90% recylcled
Laggy
Lazy
Disappointment

37 Likes

The maintenance just finished and its the first day for the event. You’re wondering why it’s laggy? Are you new to WoW?

7 Likes

They’ve had 16 years to figure this out. Is Blizzard new to WoW?

46 Likes

There is nothing to figure out. Zones can only handle so many characters at a time. The remedy is that people wait. It will fix itself once everyone starts heading there at different times throughout the day.

Unfortunately it was just released and everyone wants to check it out now.

2 Likes

we will never have another amazing pre patch event like the legion invasions =/

29 Likes

I’m pretty sure there are a few things they could do; layering, instancing, scalable server resources. But nah, they have people like you to excuse their poor implementation.

19 Likes

Prepatch events are usually underwhelming and broken.

Legion was the only exception, as the invasions were fun and had something for everyone. Limited time transmog, pets, catch up gear.

And it did a good job setting up the Legion.

14 Likes

You could, I don’t know…get a job? I’m at work right now and won’t be able to play until later.

It’s not Blizzards fault that people aren’t working right or took the day off to play.

1 Like

I haven’t bothered to unlock more.
You have 2 weeks which isn’t enough, it’ll be a week before it dies down BUT with restrictions up and it being time gated, you are going to be seeing a lot of bored people lagging up the servers 'till launch.

I’m just amazed at how boring it is. And how lazily it was thought up of.

3 Likes

3000% agreed.
what a better way to get into shadowlands then disappointment

11 Likes

Yeah. No way I’m dealing with fighting the opposing faction and all the lag for daily completion for two weeks to get lame blue 100 gear.

2 Likes

Not to mention that it takes a week to fully gear 1 alt lol. What a joke.

8 Likes

So you’re telling people they should unsub and work around the clock? Or just keep paying for a sub but not actually ever log in? Do you get a bonus for posting this? Who do you think you’re fooling?

17 Likes

If you haven’t purchased Shadowlands, how are you accessing the new content?

:four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Pre-patch content is available to all.

Shadowlands specific zone only content levels 50-60 limited to Shadowlands purchase.

2 Likes

Wasn’t sharding supposed to fix this?

5 Likes

Yes that’s what I’m saying, unsub. Preferably you.

1 Like

Oh, I see. You’re one of those “bootstraps” people.

Hey genius, a lot of people who play WoW are retired. It’s a 16-year-old game. Not to mention that there are disabled people in the world, and folks working from home… but no, you obviously know everything, based on your posts on this thread alone!

10 Likes

Then go out and do something? Again, the servers can only take so many characters at once. It’s not rocket science. Not sure why it’s so difficult for you to understand.

It will only get worse with the whole “I need things now” mentality.

Because the pre patch is a BfA event not a SL one technically