Is this how we get Night Elf Shamans?

I do not for one second believe that lifting these race/class restrictions will help diversify anything. It’s just going to lead to more elves.

I mean it’s the only non-DnD class from vanilla.

I, for one, am an advocate for more class restrictions, not less.

It’s another layer of world-building, simple as that. If elves culturally don’t normally become shamans, I’d rather not see any playable elves be shamans. I like consistency. It’s like a passive bit of role-playing.

2 Likes

Instead of every race can be any class I’d like to get more race specific classes. Tinkers for Gnomes/Dwarfs?, Blade Masters for Orcs and so on… I still don’t lose hope on Priestesses of the Moon for Night Elves instead of Paladins.

I’m sure they can find a way to balance things somehow.

Shaman: “… but doesn’t the energy a world tree gives to all nature benefit you?”

Elemental Spirits: "Don’t worry, that fundamental mechanic of world trees wont come up ever again.

Do Azeroth’s elementals care about nature? I thought they were largely all about themselves. Fire just wants to burn, air wants to blow stuff around, etc.

Between Fandral and Dathea
With Cenarion Circle and Earthen Ring working together for years

How there are still not nelf shamans

2 Likes

I could also just imagine the elemental spirits saying:

“Yo. Join us, and upon death we’ll welcome you into the elemental astral plane. That way you won’t have to go to Shadowlands.”

— And they had a lineup at the masses, ready to join. :yum:

Night Elf Shamans are cool, but I came here for the Undead Paladin discussion.

Revamp the Forsaken’s religious base.
Toss the Cult of Forgotten Shadow into the gutter and create something new closer to what the Cult of Forgotten Shadow should have been.
Create a new caste of Forsaken Priests and Paladins to go along with em.

Forsaken Paladins would be miserable all the time and that’s edgy as hell.
Let’s goooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that Thrall and Nobundo will retain their first and second string spots.

Obviously the Night Elf Ghost Wolf form should be a Ghost Saber. That alone makes me want one.

2 Likes

Ooo!

And their totems can be tiny trees!
A glowy green tree for earth!
A snow-covered one for water!
One with blue leaves and crackling lightning for Air!
And one that’s on fire for-

Okay, wait. Never mind.

Prepare to become charred corpse, you long-overdue sarcophagus!

Original lore, like Lord of the Clans? Kinda. You could interpret it as selfishness tho because they’re aspects of nature.

for fire, because we see in lore before and after War of Thorns druidic magic can just make things fireproof.

Don’t ask me why that didn’t come up man, the entire story is filled with things that make no sense lmao.

1 Like

none of these cultures exist in a bubble, the truly insane amount of cultural exchange present in WoW renders the very concept of race locked classes a gameplay only restriction.
there is no reason an individual from any race shouldn’t be able to be any class, regardless of if their culture supports it or not.
Thankfully it looks like we are slowly heading down the road to removing the restrictions entirely…

I truly hope it comes soon…

I just wish you could have the option to change how they look visually if you want to show your own racial version of that chosen class abilities specially when it comes to faith… or cultures.

However they can do that later, it be great we have more options.

2 Likes

Actually, for over 10 thousand years, that’s exactly where Nightbourne culture was.

keyword being “was”, they have taken quite a liking to the Blood elves

If they still have Furbolg allies existing, they could learn a version of shamanism that still has faith in Elune

2 Likes