Is this 1942?

So let me get this straight, someone can report you through WHISPERS with multiple of their characters and you can get temp banned for 8 days in game preventing you from using chat, wsp, mail, group finder, etc for disagreeing with someone. Seems excessive to disable anything other than chat when I PAY FOR ACCESS. Nice introduction to the new xpac, can’t wait to enjoy the first few days unable to access content! Thanks Blizzard :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Stop cussing. You’re giving people the ability to report you.

26 Likes

But, how will I ever win an argument if I don’t call them names?

13 Likes

It’s really easy not be be mean in chat.

22 Likes

You can say “good morning” these days and someone will be offended.

16 Likes

Yes, and that access has rules. stop breaking them and being inapproriate in chat.

15 Likes

I’m pretty sure this was over a disagreement I had with a single person through WHISPERS, however I cannot verify that since blizzard literally doesn’t provide any “evidence” of what you’re being suspended for in their email.

2 Likes

How dare you.

Also waiting for a Blue to pop in and politely remind them of what they did.

10 Likes

I remember the post on reddit last week with a returning player on a second account. They had come back on it during the free weekend. As a joke had their guild friends mass report them for any reason. To see if this was true. Account got banned for battleground abuse.

5 Likes

You know who you were swearing at and when you do that, you give them ability to report you.

1 Like

No this is 2024.

4 Likes

People: Stop cussing.

Person: Masks language in a place where masked language is unacceptable.

People: Yaaaas king! You dropped this! :crown:

Give me a break folks. Please stop this self-righteous nonsense. You’re all expressing a desire to be vulgar under your own circumstances.

3 Likes

Yep, thankfully.

How are multiple characters accessing a whisper? Are you whispering their chars?

Sure…

“I pay for this!” is not a copout for everything. You will be silenced, suspended, and banned if you act like a pos towards people. You agreed to the “social contract” so they have every right to pass discipline if you break it.

That’s a you problem.

11 Likes

Yea the system Blizzard uses is terrible, I noticed people on chat were saying questionable stuff just yesterday and in the chat window itself a report option showed up for me to report them(I didn’t) so it seems like they just automated everything which is why I’m being extra careful myself since it’s so close to an expansion launch.

3 Likes

that’s why I dont say anything in the game now, people think you need to be mean, clearly they weren’t stalked by a group of people who used multiple accounts to report you for nothing, blizzard suport doesnt give a damn, its automatic, if you get enough report you’re done, doesnt matter what you said

5 Likes

I upvoted that post because it was funny :frowning:

2 Likes

You called them a nannypoogboblins didn’t you?

3 Likes

No this is Dog…

1 Like

What’s wrong with calling someone a Masculine Female?

Get your mind outta the gutter.

It was.

And if he’d used the whole word it still would be.

This walking on eggshells garbage is still that. Garbage.

7 Likes