Is There Concrete Evidence That Light And Void Actually Causes Someone To Die In An Explosion Of Fel?

You read all of that drivel from my two sentence post?

I didn’t imply any of that.

Yes there is. You are talking about the cosmic forces while the devs are talking about the ecology of draenor. Ecology and the cosmic forces are incredibly different and has no hint that they were speaking about effects on void and fel. It’s a silly argument.

Yes it is. You’re using one piece of “evidence” a raid boss that got overwhelmed by absorbing to much energy and are saying that clearly it’s because of “void and fel” despite it being a VOID BEING ALREADY ABSORBED IN FEL before the fight even begins. It’s such a reach.

I was the one that said you were doing headcanon first. The one doing “N-N-NO U” is you mate.

I am which you have failed to provide. All you have provided with me is your personal headcanon based on misrepresentation of blizzard quotes.

Shame on me for assuming the biggest forum addict would ever admit they might be wrong about something and instead just doubles down and leaves in the face of opposition. Truly could not expect that! Not in a million years!

2 Likes

Twilight is what happens when you smush all the dragonflight powers together.

1 Like

Incorrect. It’s actually classified as a school that priests use. It’s in a weird spot but it’s there. Twilight dragons are a different ball game.

1 Like

There is at least one instance of Light and Void combining to produce a benevolent item. The delicious Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.

4 Likes

Google ain’t turning anything up for that mess. Got a source?

2 Likes

void and light being extremes of the same stick shouldn’t have an intermediate state in which one turns into the other?

“Sorry” you’re mistaking hostility for a simple challenge on your claim - which ended up being baseless.

Like, do you somehow expect me to just take your word for it? The source exists but you’re just too lazy to pull it up? I’m somehow in the wrong for calling into question your credibility on the matter? This is some classic general discussion cringe.

Since it’s evident that you’re making it up, and it looks like other individuals are calling you out for different and equally weak claims you’ve made - I say we leave it at that.

EDIT:
I’m about to let my sub expire - so for anyone dealing with dumb takes like the above in the future. Here’s the gen discussion life hack for the few that will read this:

Genuinely ask for a source.

You either learn something new - or in 99.9% of the cases (like above), the user embarrasses themselves. It’s a simple and effective way to cut through the BS.

2 Likes

It’s an official magic school with relatively little lore that I’m pretty sure is almost non-canon at this point(except for one priest ability that still uses it, they won’t be locked from using it since it’s a multi-school) personally but what Paen is referencing is this:

it’s supposed to be a mix but y’know its weird.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/579494153772204052/975867537453637662/unknown.png

Oh god I think you just gave the High Elfers more and new ammo…

1 Like

Ah, yeah that seems like a weird holdover from when resistances were a thing.

I’d say it’s definitely not canon at this point.

2 Likes

Yea I agree there. It doesn’t really make sense with the current narrative but people still use it and there’s nothing that really “proves” it’s non canon so I kind of just leave it cause it’s not worth the effort :woman_shrugging:

is the only spell used twilight magic, it was added in patch 7.0.3 and deleted in shadowlands don’t think resistenses were a thing in legion tho

It is confirmed that Light and Void when mixed will eventually explode, though it is not immediate nor is it guaranteed. It takes a certain amount of both energies to react violently like that… similarly mixing Void & Fel functions in much the same way… and Fel with Light as well… most of the purest form of energy in the Warcraft Universe react violently when mixed in large amounts. But mixing them is infact possible and has been done several times throughout WoWs history… the Fel Void Revenant in WoD isn’t the only time we have seen Fel and Void energies mixed within a single creature. We saw it happen again during Legion and it was far more stabilized. Infact if you read up on the full lore for the burning Legion, a lot of the details added in Legion are straight up contradictory or conflicting with established lore. Several of the more powerful demonic races are masters of Void energy. The Dreadlords for example, their race mastered the void before becoming part of the legion, and they still use Void Magic. The undead… their lore is riddled with back and forth void or Fel retcons… originally it was said to be shadow magic that created them, then the plague was said to be created from Fel Magic… and it goes on and on back and forth, one or the other sometimes both… and of course Legion muddies the water even more when it suggests that all Demons are Undead since they had to be “removed from the life in order to preserve life, since so long as life exists the void will never be destroyed”… yeah… the lore on all of this is a tangled mess.

There is actually evidence to the contrary. Light and void combined make twilight magic, which doesn’t explode nor does it leave fel behind. Half of Cataclysm was about this, so it’s not really up for debate anymore.

1 Like

From what I recall, they had to use Arcane as a stabilizer to create any of the more potent Twilight entities… since unchecked it was uncontrollable, which was the main reason the Twilight Highlands is so badly scared by Twilight Magic.

1 Like

No. It does not.

It usually refers to the dragons.

I was completely open and up front from the beginning. You chose to continue to harp on it with condescension and hostility.

“Other individuals” are ignoring factual information that was specifically linked and has nothing to do with what you’re referencing. I specifically told you from the beginning that it’s old information that I couldn’t find. You chose to keep attacking.

Thank god.

Ah, thank you for finding that. So it’s entirely different than the dragons.

“factual information” that has been misrepresented to all hell to fit your shiny headcanon.

And here you are telling someone you are glad they are leaving but are also claiming that they are the one that is condescending and attacking.

Ok sure buddy.

1 Like