Is there a guarantee that 100% of the Dottie pet will be given to charity?

You made the claim, the burden of proof is on you.

2 Likes

Edit: **Donation amount for in-game pet excludes chargebacks, refunds, and value added taxes (VAT) or other similar taxes paid with a maximum donation amount of USD $3 million from all sales of the Dottie in-game pet and plushie for charity.

so no, even though it says in the 2nd paragraph that 100% of the proceeds will be donated, only the first 3 million will be. the rest will be at the discretion of blizz meaning they can take all or some or none of the rest as profit.

edit 2: https://&worldofwarcraft.&com/en-us/news/21037559/new-pet-adopt-shadow-the-fox-and-help-support-disaster-relief-efforts

https://&worldofwarcraft.&com/en-us/news/20381198/adopt-mischief-today-and-support-make-a-wish

https://&worldofwarcraft.&com/en-us/news/22646760/support-code-org-by-bringing-whomper-home

these were the last 3 charity pets blizz has had. only whomper has had the disclaimer at the end and even that didn’t specify a cap on the amount of donations. this is a new action taken by the new people in charge (activision and the new pres of bliz, allen “sellout” brack). it pains me immensely to see this happening. i haven’t played wow for a month and really want to but i can not support this company as is with how it has been treating people.

3 Likes

Used to donate $5 a week out of my check for The United Way for a company I used to work for. Until I found out that they gave the wrote that big check to The United Way at the end of the year which was great. But all the interest that money made in that years time the company lined their own pockets with it. Quit donating through my paycheck when I found that out. If I donate to charity I will write a personal check, and send it directly to charity itself. Blizz may not do that, but wouldn’t surprise me, if they did.

Going off history, no charity pet has hit 3 million and this one probably won’t either. Want to make sure 100% of your money goes to the charity? Buy right now cause they’re nowhere near a million yet, no mind 3 million.

No they don’t do it under the claim they’re helping charity because they already stated the cap is 3 million. Which they won’t hit by the way.

the 2012 and the 2016 pet were both over 2 million and from what i can find, no amount was disclosed for how much whomper made. so it’s not unreasonable to think this could be the time we break 3 million.

edit: that said, it’s more about the spirit of donating than whether blizz will actually hit the cap. if it’s a charity event, why add a cap? it just makes it look like you’re trying to profit from a charity drive.

1 Like

Just donate directly to Make-A-Wish if you’re that concerned about it. I doubt you will though because you don’t get anything in return (which actually defeats the whole point of “donating”).

1 Like

These topics are annoying. I think I’ll go get that blue fox mount for full price now just to help Blizzard out.

3 Likes

Mischief which you linked was 4 months after the release of Legion and only managed 2.5 million. Here we are over a year after BFA’s release and in the middle of a big content drought so I say they’re lucky to hit 2 million.

Now I happen to agree, why cap it? With that said though, they could have just put this pet in the shop not connected to charity and kept all the money made in purchases. I see it as they grab some people who otherwise wouldn’t have donated. At the end of the day 3 million is a nice bit of change for Make-a-Wish to do what they do for kids staring death in the face.

I’m just giving a different outlook on it. As many have said, you can always send $10 directly to Make-a-Wish. Either way don’t think about will Blizzard hit or go over 3 million. Think about the kids and what they face daily. This isn’t “oh you’re sick, can’t wait until you feel better.” If you buy the pet or just send money yourself just think about the kids. I’m sure they’d give every cent back to not be dealing with what they are.

1 Like

Why would anybody support them charging for pets in the first place. Remember when every single item was available in game and not for cash? Shouldn’t have to pay for crap like that to begin with. IF they want it to be for charity then they should just either donate 100% of it or just have said something like 75% goes to charity up front. They know alot of people won’t read that fine print.

2 Likes

While you’re at it pick up a Dottie as well :grin:

Of course! Didn’t even have to think twice about that one.

Evil blizzard strikes again, it’s not like it could be something to do with federal tax ect or other legal shenanigans it’s blizzard being an evil corporation again!:roll_eyes:

WTF is it with a like limit?? I replied since I can’t like atm.

3 Million is ActivisionBlizzard’s cap to satisfy their tax break. So they’re not doing it out of the goodness of their heart, but to profit from the backs of their customers.

Want to donate to make a wish? Do it directly.

3 Likes

Why do it at all then when they could simply sell the pet and give nothing to charity? Profit from the backs of their customers? You mean the ones already buying pets, mounts, tokens, etc off the shop. They profit from their customers and don’t need to do these things at all.

Because Tax breaks from charity donations are more than what they’d get from selling the pet. But it has a limit. Why you don’t see it all the time.

Edit: Whooooops totally miss read that. Time for bed lol!!

Before I go though just think about this. Dying kids could really care less where and how the money gets to them.

I can’t find something that doesn’t exist.

Okay so, firstly, there was no ‘prize pool deception’

If you assume something, and don’t bother to get clarification, you don’t really have the right to be outraged because what you assumed was going to happen, didn’t happen.

As for the current charity pet deal. Blizzard has made the terms pretty clear. All money raised will be split between the two charities until a total of $3 million is raised, at which point any additional money raised belongs to Blizzard. There is nothing wrong with that stance mind you, absolutely nothing wrong. It’s not scummy, it’s not deceitful. They’re giving a maximum of $1.5 million to each charity, which is a LOT of money.

3 Likes