Is there a disconnect between Blizzard and the community?

Raiders drove most SL decisions. If you ain’t a raider, you ain’t s.

2 Likes

The Magic the Gathering community, duh Fairlight.

1 Like

I like your new haircut btw :smiley:

Video game companies should make games they want to play not what they think will please the most amount of people.

That being said I don’t see how anyone could enjoy Torghast, the maw, recent changes made to certain classes, lack of loot, all the timegating and so on.

4 Likes

Oh? This is a pretty abrupt about face from:

11 Likes

It’s more like there is a disconnect between the community and the community and blizzard us caught in the middle.

Where are these multiple quests that you speak of? You know the ones that give 250x2? Or the ones where I just tag a boss and win? The ones can be done on a Tuesday when I do my campaign work?

I have to disagree with you on this. I don’t know one player who wanted to have to farm 1000 anima at 35/5 increments. Nor do I know anyone who wants to spend their limited time playing flying on flight paths.

3 Likes

I am channeling my inner Annie Lennox.

1 Like

Streamers praise blizzard because they fear retribution and exclusion from content… which means killing the golden goose. Streamers cannot be trusted and should not be listened to when expressing their opinion… some interesting but their opinions must always be held suspect; especially when there is obvious disconnect from the forums.

6 Likes

You need more neck!

No. There isn’t a disconnect. They’re playing the game.

The Game Director has been side-by-side playing and reading our chat’s in game since Classic launched. He’s been here longer than the majority of the playerbase has.

Now he develops the game. He literally understands this game more than 99.9% of the community.

1 Like

Will try and work on that. Ugh, I hate running out of likes and having to come up with some random reply. Damn using my brain instead of clicking a button.

I agree with you completely. Its rather evident theyve decided on the stick this expansion. And you just think… how have you not learned this lesson already? For cata, see also wod. Players who feel their time is being wasted, or feel that theyve run out content they want to play, dont USUALLY “step up”. What they USUALLY do is unsub and wait for the next content dump/catch up. Just as they did in wod.

And it blows my mind that the community hates these time gates and meta-systems like artifact weapons/azerite power/covenant renown, yet supports the design that absolutely necessitates their existence: To wit! How do we stop casual players cycling their subs? I mentioned this in a post yesterday, but every week of this expansion, the gap between the LFD solo-casual player and the LFG convyor belt to the ‘real’ endgame grows. It wont be long until its completely unbridgeable without pure luck as ilvl/achievement demands start to increase.

Its precisely what happened in WoD. Its precisely why Blizzard bailed on it and skipped a raid tier then threw catch up gear in Tanaan. And its why Legion went heavy on RNG.

Im struggling to think whats different this time? “Hope” that suddenly the stick will magically work when it never has before? That players will be so entranced by their covenant campaign and general storyline that they simply must save anduin/ardenweald and get that transmog? Maaaaaybe… but the wheels are kind of coming off already. And thats worrying.

3 Likes

YES! :clap: This is what the constant hate trolls don’t understand, Ion and the dev team know what they’re doing or we would’ve have the most critically acclaimed WoW expansion out right now!

2 Likes

Not as much as people like to think.

“The community” is not a monolith; it agrees on very, very little.

Players will ask/beg/demand something, and then all too often want the opposite months down the road.

According to some vocal individuals. I think they are getting better at listening.

I am loving Shadowlands.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL: such bald-face lies could get you struck by lightning!

3 Likes

It isn’t a lie that Ion and the dev team are carefully listening to player feedback, a lot of people love Shadowlands and the features it provides!

1 Like

Then if I were you I’d avoid these forums. There’s a reason Shamans have to be nerfed regularly. The reason for it is because if they used their full grade lightning on the forums with the conductivity levels they have…

Well…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ4aT2qkBWQ