Is the Tauren Heritage Set obtainable now?

Hmm, that is strange. Did you do the quests previously involving Baine for the War Campaign as well? I was able to get the heritage quest after I completed it. I only did it Horde side, so I know it works for this end of it. Not sure if the Alliance version can trigger it.

Oh for real? They must have changed it after all the upset.

Yah I donā€™t remember when they changed it but it was around the time that forum topics were popping up about how the horde would have to do extra steps to get theirs. So basically it was added as a requirement because of fairness.

1 Like

I may have figured it out. Even though my War Campaign log said I was fully completed, I went back to the boat and turned in one of the missions that had completed that was apart of a previous step, that just opened up the Warfang Hold portion of it, which should end at the Baine rescue.

Weird how it said I was caught up when I wasnā€™t though.

1 Like

Ah ok. One step closer to wearing a totem. Happy tidings to all Tauren players on getting the armor.

1 Like

Well I am still lost on this for my Tauren. No pending war campaign missions quests on the war table, no missing rep, no missing quests, etc. Just canā€™t get the quest to pop. Am I bugged?

Did you relog? Surprisingly this is the fix to a long of ingame problems

I guess I will have to ā€œDefeat Jaina Proudmoreā€ in LFR to progress the war campaign then. Good to know.

As a commando, pants are overrated :stuck_out_tongue:

Plenty of times.

From what I understood, the raid was not a requirement of this. For the War Campaign, you only needed to be through the actual story portion up through 8.1.5

My transmog is as close as I could get to the vintage Warcraft 3 Tauren warrior model. Shame there isnā€™t a giant tree branch mace available.

I noticed a few guys with it yesterday.

From what I understand we need to free Baine first, which makes sense even if it causes consternation since the Gnomes donā€™t have that requirement.

According to my quest box I need to complete a quest named something like ā€œclearing the cacheā€ in Nazjatar. Spent some time there last night and havenā€™t found it yet.

I think thereā€™s some big ogre clubs from WoD, though.

Iā€™ll try to find some that fits your tauren needs when I get home.

I have those, but they donā€™t look right. All jagged and obtuse.

Yes, we need the last wing of the raid for our war campaign.

When was that changed and confirmed? Not everyone raids and they acknowledged that beforehand.

The raid is a step in the war campaign, and thus has to be completed.

And they stated before hand that the raid portion did not have to be done in order to do the heritage armor. You only needed the story quest portions of the War Campaign to move on in the 8.2 quest line. Specifically because not everyone raids.

Apologies. Must have missed that.

Last patch I believe. I had done the entire war campaign up to the raid but couldnā€™t get the chain to help Baine free the undead Proudmoore dude.

I was told I needed to do the quest to kill Jania in BoD. I am not a raider in the traditional sense so I mashed my face on the keyboard a dozen times in an LFR group, finished the quest and then the next leg opened up.

It is only Horde side though. Although I havenā€™t finished it on my Alliance main anyone I asked said it wasnā€™t required.

Edit: It may have been overshadowed by the confusion regarding unlocking the Zandalari, which people erroneously stated needed the raid as well.