Is the Tauren Heritage Set obtainable now?

How much of the Nazjatar campaign was necessary for you to obtain the quest?

I rescued Bane today so yes. You can get Heritage Armor.

1 Like

Nice, I’m thinking I couldn’t do that yesterday but I can do it tonight? Was that part time gated or something?

You need to get one bodyguard to level 3 to complete Lorthemar’s quest about getting one bodyguard to level 3.

Then you get a weird quest chain about wearing an octopus on your head. After that you get the Bane questline.

I did all that and am now at “Down But Not Out” which requires getting 3000 exp combined with the unshackled allies. Is the Bane quest after that?

Ok awesome thanks, was rank 3 gated yesterday?

Tauren had the additional requirement of completing the part of the new War Campaign that was released with 8.2. Made it slightly more difficult to obtain than the gnome one :frowning:

Probably the best line I’ve read all day.

Oh, okay. Good to know. So on top of leveling to 120 and hitting exalted, it would have been nice information to know that we’d actually need to do all of the War Campaign in order to get this heritage armor.

In NO guide while this content was on the PTR did it say that the war campaign was a requirement. I’d hoped it wouldn’t be, because i’m not trying to progress this character that I barely play anymore on such a dead realm. Leveling to 120 was already frustrating without anyone to talk to.

Guess i’m swapping back to WRA again. I hate that everything needs to be time gated. It’s like the idea of having multiple characters has all but been forgotten.

Daily salt levels reached… back to Anime.

Gnomes had to do the war campaign also before the quest unlocked.

I got it right after completing the quest about freaking Ashvane out lol

Pretty much what Mortis said on ranking up your follower. Whoever you picked yesterday, stick with them.

It was on wowhead and was stated in the Patch Survival guide.

You only need to rescue Bane with any character. It doesn’t need to be done with your Tauren.

2 Likes

Same here. And Is tuck with the same follower as Mortis might have suggested too.

I haven’t gotten it and did that… hmm. My War Campaign says im completed all that is available too. Exalted with TB and still no quest. Weird. Follower is at rank 3 and just finished freaking ashvane out… weird.

Thanks for the update. Do you know if that includes doing the story on an alliance character?

I can’t say for sure but I think it should be the case. Alliance toons also rescue Bane.

Guess it’s time to test this theory.

It’s one shared achievement so most likely ok on Alliance.

It was totally mentioned in a lot of places. There were heaps of outcries about how Tauren required the freeing of Baine (and thus the completion of the war campaign up to that point) where as at the time Gnomes only needed exalted and 120.

Just check the forum posts from about 2 months ago. It was definitely made clear.

From the Blizzard announcement on the 22nd May.

"Rise up and stand tall with two new Heritage Armor sets—one for gnomes and one for tauren—coming in the Rise of Azshara content update.

Players with maximum-level (120) gnomes or tauren* who are Exalted with their faction (Gnomeregan or Thunder Bluff respectively) will be able to embark on a new quest line for each race to learn more about their history. Once you complete your quest, you’ll gain a new Heritage Armor transmogrification set unique to your race and be able to show off your pride.

*Tauren will also first need to complete the War Campaign quest Stay of Execution, which will be available shortly after the launch of Rise of Azshara."