Is the community really toxic?

In game stalking and harassment should be bannable, I mean I’m sure it is after a certain point but yeah I agree that’s got a really major creeper factor.

2 Likes

Exactly. And this is where people need to be reminded that language is not supposed to be subjective.

Criticizing something that affects the experiences you’re paying for does not fit the definition of toxicity.

2 Likes

What, in your opinion, makes those communities different? Size? Moderation? Something else?

1 Like

Yes, it is. You can reduce toxicity by ridding the forums of popcorn. Replace it with something really vile and nasty. Like, say, Toxic Puddle Fish. You may fish them up in Orgrimmar. Only Trolls and those nasty Undead eat them. Oh, wait. We don’t need any more Trolls. Undead stink.

Never mind.

Well, there’s an old saying, toxic attracts toxic, nice attracts nice, or something like that!

1 Like

I think players more impatient than toxic

I think you answered your own question there, OP.

Seriously though, if you’re looking to avoid toxic players in WoW, then I’d suggest joining a guild you get along with so you don’t have to join random PUGs.

1 Like

Those games aren’t as competitive, a lot of players are there just for the social factor. But that’s a drawback too, some of us enjoy the thrill that only WoW’s difficulty can provide.

2 Likes

Oh, the player in question has been reported for the behavior (as far as I’ve been told, but who knows.).

1 Like

Has nothing to do with Blizzard, but the anonymity of the internet. Blizzard just gave up on the forum and its why they barely post here.

Excuse me? I smell like Lavender. It helps deal with the stress and anxiety of decay.

Its already been said, but those games people play to have fun in a video game.
WoW players play the game to be some kinda…competitive pro or something.

1 Like

I have a few guesses.

First in the case of FF14 is the fact that information from addons aren’t allowed to be used against players outside of guild activities, which makes mistakes more ambiguous and harder to focus frustration towards a specific person.

Also the age of a lot of these games. WoW is 15 and is played by people who typically have played it for a very long time, who know how to find information and generally know how the nuances of the game work.

So when you play with a newer person who doesn’t have this knowledge it’s easy to have the mentality of “Come on man, really you don’t know this? It’s common knowledge.”

Plus the fact that WoW went from being the casual MMO when it first released to now being arguably the most hardcore of the major MMOs.

Thank god for that because that really is terrible to even hear about or rather read about.

There’s toxic people in every game, but WoW has surprisingly little toxicity from my experience

1 Like

The problem with asking questions like this is that is extremely vague and general. However, most people will want to give you a black and white answer when none exists.

A better question to ask is … “Are some people in the WoW community toxic?”. This is better because we know this to be true. However, this question doesn’t serve much purpose unless we follow it up with something like, “what percent of the wow community is toxic”. But this is not something anyone here on the forums is qualified to answer, as it would require exhaustive research that no one, not even Blizzard are willing to do.

Agreed. Not everyone mind you (before anyone jumps on me), but I have been playing since Feb. 2006 and I could probably count on my fingers (and have leftovers) of people I have encountered that I would describe as toxic. The people posting incessantly about toxicity and how all their insertcontent experience are terrible… I have to think “What’s the common denominator there?” Hint: It’s not everyone else.

1 Like

I hardly find massive direct toxicity…I find WoW people to be a slow lingering type of toxic that does damage over time…alot like a fart.

I guess what I’m saying is that all of you are a fart. (sniff yourselves, you know this to be true.)

Depends on who you are playing with. I always join casual guilds, so i never see the prick toxic side of the community. Some players litteraly use wow to prey on other players because their real lives suck. That will never change. I have been fortunate to be around others who are pretty chilly, and the pricks get left behind.

In mythic plus for example, someone i knew got kicked for being an enhancement shaman. Im guessing it was about dps or something, but it’s like, why? I know elemental does better dps atm.

I feel if you are searching for toxicity, you will find it somewhere, but any of the casual guilds/casual situations i have been in the game have been relatively chill. Usually you are bound to find more toxicity in the more competive areas of the game, such as mythics, rated pvp and the like.

The more casual you are, i would argue the less toxic people you are bound to find, because you aren’t taking the game so seriously.

On a side note i finished shadowfang keep earlier on an alt in retail and it was awesome. One of the best instances ever made. the old version was awesome also.

1 Like

People are pretty aggro.
Example: this is a new level 120 I recently decided I wanted to make my main. I’ve begun doing more pvp lately and decided to pug an arena match. Obviously I have a 0 rating, and was placed with other people who presumably also have a low rating and were pugging a match, so they can’t have been THAT much better than me.
Anyway I made some mistake in the 3x3 I was thrown into and was treated to a stream of profane abuse by one of my “teammates”, who then left. End result: I decided to just not do arenas anymore. Why would I?