Is the community really toxic?

No matter where we are or what we do, there will be toxic people. That’s just the depravity of human nature. But I find that there are far more people willing to be decent to others, especially in-game.

I think those who complain about toxicity so much are actually contributors to it.

16 Likes

hahahahahahhaahhaahahahaa

yeah bro

7 Likes

It just seems more toxic because blizzard fosters the environment.

10 Likes

I heard streamers do.

I dont mind biting back.

8 Likes

There’s many easy ways to avoid toxic people in WoW for one start by shutting off trade chat if you already haven’t.

10 Likes

I have only come across one truly toxic person within this community during my decade of play. They’re still around, I avoid them like I do most other people. It’s sad to see what some people become within the game–but I just don’t let it follow me offline.
Often, the ones that scream about things being unfair, toxicity in whatever form–are the ones that often bring it to the table in the first place. Just keep that positive shine, friendo!

4 Likes

Is the overuse of the word “toxic” toxic? Discuss.

8 Likes

Ooof, if that wouldn’t cut into my sales, I sure as heck would. Using the community and what not to sell isn’t as fast as I’d like it to be, so my hands are gently tied on that one.

If you complain about the complainers, doesn’t that just add to it as well?

4 Likes

Not in my experience. You get the occasional person, but you just throw them on ignore and move on with your life.

4 Likes

What if you complain about the people complaining about the complainers?

3 Likes

Lvl 89 Gengar absolutely torturing a lvl 28 Spheal with toxic. Couldn’t just end it quickly and painlessly - no… Gengar has to drag it out and prolong that pain.

RIP Spheal.

2 Likes

Yeah that does suck but usually trade is where most of the toxicity comes from in WoW these days which is why I said that and it’s easy to shut off and avoid so it solves a big part of it easily with a click.

1 Like

I love this, lol.

1 Like

“Is the community really toxic”

First, you have to define community.
Then you have to define toxic.

Expecting to have only positive experiences with the myriad random people you encounter in a game this big is foolishly naive. The entire wow customer base is not community.

Community is found in smaller groups.

Are some communities toxic? sure. But you’re a fool if you keep hanging out with a group of people you don’t like.

I generally agree with this.

2 Likes

if it means speaking out political opinion. GD will report you to oblivion for dare speaking such a notion different for them.

Then again, it is the video game forums and political discussion should be somewhere else.

Even though, I don’t think that still shouldn’t be reported worthy.

I firmly believe the report system here is thoroughly being abused, lmao.

REPORTED!!

3 Likes

Personally… I actually haven’t encountered that much toxicity in the game itself.

Don’t get me wrong, the forums are a hive of scum and meme-ery, but in-game, I don’t see that much bad behavior outside of trolls in trade chat.

shrug

2 Likes