Is the Alliance ever going to get a payback for War of Thorns?

No? It’s not wrong to be at war with someone you’re already at war with. It is wrong to betray someone you agreed to peace with, though.

No, because my reasoning is neither that the Forsaken had peace with the Gilneans, nor that it was okay if they did. My reasoning is that despite whatever issues he had, Genn agreed to a peace treaty with the Horde and the Forsaken as part of the Alliance, and then broke that agreement and betrayed them by attacking at Stormheim.

Because that is what the Forsaken did. Multiple times. During a signed armistice no less.

Again, no. You may as well be projecting at this point, because nothing you’re suggesting has any connection to anything the Forsaken did.

If they wanted to balance things, they should burn down the pyramid and most of the city.

God knows the Horde would appreciate not having to navigate that travesty anymore anyway. Just leave the docks and it’s good.

1 Like

you two should go get a room.

3 Likes

Cut and pasted from a discussion on the PTR forum:

17 Likes

A good point, Pellex. We’ve been saying since the start of the expansion that the pathos in the War of Thorns was portrayed to an almost ludicrous degree, and it might be that the chickens are finally coming home to roost for Blizzard. They created a problem that they’re unable or unwilling to control.

13 Likes

To be honest, I’m not even sure how they portray a victory that makes Alliance players feel like Teldrassil is “paid back.” It’s a lot easier to manipulate people into feeling upset than it is to wipe out that upset-ness.

3 Likes

And they can’t do it now because then with everything else it may be too much damage on the Horde.
I was thinking the only place that the Alliance could strike and it wont affect the Horde much is Silvermoon.

If the Alliance destroys silvermoon and takes away the Sunwell away from the Horde that would be a huge blow to the Horde both strategically and emotionally.

4 Likes

You’re lording your deity-level characters over us, how they effortlessly defeat us and bury us into the dirt as we cry and get PTSD over it. We’re watching our faction get brought down to plebian worthless level.

We’re being punished. It doesn’t matter if you don’t like the extent.

17 Likes

They won’t give one side more capitals than the other. If Silvermoon goes, Exodar goes too.

This too. The Horde is being punished in a lot of ways. Nothing so flashy as Teldrassil, but the faction is getting bled out right now.

14 Likes

Exodar is already pretty deserted and a ruin. The Draenei run away with the Vindicaar as Velen smirks aboard the ship as Draenei plague kills anyone inside the crashed ship.
Kinda like Sylvanas.

2 Likes

The Alliance is only willing to offer up worthless cities they don’t care about. Only Night Elf players cared about Teldrassil. No Horde players did. Not even Draenei players care about Exodar, and certainly no Horde players do.

If you are complaining about crappy quest narrative then have fun playing Cataclysm from the Alliance side. It is depressing.

Welcome to the Battle of Dazaralor.

4 Likes

The Alliance won a ton of zones though? Even maps that were offered to the Horde for game balance reasons, the Alliance still won such as Ashenvale.

2 Likes

In the books. Never in the game.

7 Likes

The Horde cares about Dazaralor even if you don’t. Our gaming experience there is BAD because it was made solely and only to be a place that the Alliance conquers. We have to use a flight path to get to portions of the city we need to use daily.

3 Likes

I am sure they care but Exodar has been around far longer. So I am going to put their sentimental value at the same level. Just like Exodar it is more monument than a living breathing city.

As for conquerors. Lol.

1 Like

No one uses Exodar. Every single 120 Horde player uses Dazar’Alor. They made our gaming experience terrible for your benefit, with no consideration to us.

5 Likes

Consider that, on Horde side, most players stock up on Goblin gliders because the best way to get around from the Great Seal is to jump off and fly to where you want to go.

No one used Teldrassil either.
Your argument falls flat on its face. When this expansion is over Dazaralor would be as visited as every other old content capital. Absolutely deserted.

Also, addendum?

I am Alpha and Omega level salty that they made it EVEN EASIER for you to get onto your boat by taking the dock fencing off and giving you a plank to jump onto.

https://i.imgur.com/VJvAkBZ.jpg

Besides Night Elves, yeah. Before BFA launched I repeatedly asked the Alliance in trade “Do you care more about losing Teldrassil than making the Horde lose Lordaeron.” and the answer was overwhelmingly in the favor of Lordaeron.

It absolutely does not. We HAVE TO USE DAZAR’ALOR. You don’t have to use any cities besides Boralus, which is AMAZINGLY CONVENIENT.

1 Like

lmao. So your argument is convenience? This is the lore forum.
I honestly dont care you have to take a 5 second flight path to reach your boat (or fly when it is unlocked)

As for the rest of your post it is just a incomprehensible rant.

2 Likes