Is the Alliance ever going to get a payback for War of Thorns?

We had Jaina that went from.

“Look at them Varian, already conspiring against us. Do it. End them now.”
To
“Attacking the Horde when the Zandalari are sad? Are you mental?”

And now Tyrande thats gone all.
“I am Azeroth’s mighiest Avenger”
to
“Lets silently watch Nathanos fly away”

Is there ever going to be any payoff or can we go ahead and add everything from Teldrassil to Astranaar to the Great Book of Grudges never to be stricken? Like everything that happened in MoP and Cata?

24 Likes

There’s a scary chance that everything will be swept under the rug once Azshara and N’Zoth shenanigans start, or everyone becoming friends again when Saurfang deposes Sylvanas and we all just forget he happily orchestrated and commanded the War of the Thorns.

They could try and kill two birds with a stone by having the Alliance take Quel’thalas without letting the Horde commit some atrocity to the Exodar but still having the Alliance lose it some way (maybe having it repaired and using it to assault Quel’Thalas?), thus giving the Horde retribution AND finishing off Blue EK/Red Kalimdor if they plan to carry on with that

18 Likes

Wouldn’t killing Nathanos be a mercy to the horde?

11 Likes

considering our past record, in 6 years you will get “something” in return.!

Take a look to this thread!

3 Likes

That would take effort from blizzard development; and actually make the Horde more sad than they already are.

We won’t, they’ll lavish Darkshore’s warfront as that payback; when we’ve done absolutely nothing. Oh, we killed Rastakhan even though he had a target on him since launch by introduction of his daughter…

5 Likes

Doesn’t matter. This story is beyond salvaging at this point.

46 Likes

I think you are starting to understand how blizzard has decided the alliance must be written.

The alliance version of revenge only varies on degrees of swift finger wagging, but on the brightside you will have the moral high ground in almost any faction conflict.

But leave that dangerous killing thing to the horde, we simply have a knack for it, we kill alliance, we kill bad guys and we even kill other horde.

8 Likes
2 Likes

With Azshara’s appearance, it might be possible Darkshore will be brushed aside for Tyrande, Malfurion and Thalyssra to fight the naga.

2 Likes

Give the Horde yet another free pass? No thanks.
Enough of that please.

19 Likes

I dont want to spoil 8.1.5 for you but if thats how you feel, your in for a world of dissappointment.

This is the litteral Horde v Alliance relationship

With Anduin as Flanders, Principle skinner as Velen and Genn Greymane as Bart
12 Likes

Oh I know what is coming in 8.1.5

This embodies the Horde vs Alliance relationship according to blizzard.

6 Likes

The Alliance get revenge? That’s funny. Can’t wag your finger from your moral high ground if you act on revenge.

The Night elves got genocided just so Saurfang and Anduin could feel bad. The Kal’dorei will never have any closure outside of some poorly-written paragraph.

33 Likes

God I hate that kid. The babadook should have finished the job.

2 Likes

There’s only one way to get payback there, BROTHER.

Anduin “the Stormwind Stabber” Wrynn has to get in the ring with Sylvanas Mc NoQuads, and lay a wwf smackdown for all to see!

Andy’s 2nd, Saurfang O’Fatbuds can show the world that Pro-wrestling can fix ANYTHING in a one time only take’-down extravaganza.
QUADS
NITRO
DEADLIFTS
QUADS
GERMAN SUPLEXES
PINCH ME IM DREAMING.
The likes of such an event has never been seen before, we will be kicking off the frenzy with a grudge match between T’Paartos the Terror of Trollkind vs. Rastakhan the Stairmaster Fitzbootyvoodoo.
WHO WILL WIN?

18 Likes

Hmm I don’t know, the best I can think of night elves getting payback would be kicking most of Horde out Northern Kalimdor, Northern Barrens and Dutotar.

But I don’t see Horde player liking that happening.

Why do Undercity and Zuldazar not count?

27 Likes

Well, for the Undercity in particular, the sense of “victory” isn’t helped by the story constantly portraying the Forsaken as being too detached and sociopathic to even care that they lost it.

So it ends up feeling like a whole lot of dead Alliance in exchange for wrecking a city that apparently Sylvanas and Co. aren’t particularly upset about losing.

Dazar’alor feels more like a real victory, but then again even with that, there’s an argument to be had that it feels an awful lot like Sylvanas brought on a new ally just in time to let them take a hit that, like the assault on Lordaeron, otherwise would have been directed more squarely at eliminating her.

Almost like all this emphasis on getting their hands on allies with fleets (while depriving each other of the same) conveniently distracts the factions from focusing on just whose rotting head they should really be cutting off to end this stupid war.

23 Likes

Actually the Forsaken care pretty deeply about the Undercity, a good number of them died for it after all and its been the crux of their hostility with the Alliance since forever.
They just blighted it so no one else could have so they could return later, they are so pragmatic, the rascally goofballs.

6 Likes

Anyone who thinks Undercity was a solid “win” is probably delusional enough to start a land war in Asia. Ion called it a horde win until he ‘clarified’ it. Its a textbook Pyrrhic victory.

41 Likes