Is the Alliance ever going to get a payback for War of Thorns?

indeed. And lots of blood.
An eye for an eye.

anything less is complete and total Horde pandering. As is tradition.

Bonus with your suggestion is that maybe this would finally pull Baine out from his Anduin fetish syndrome, but as you say some will say “it´s not enough”… they rather ask for the destruction of a city with a high chance of no actual implementation in-game (and that will end up making them more bitter and clinging more desperately to the “Horde Bias” motto)…

1 Like

This is the biggest problem. Undercity/Tirisfal are completely left out of the narrative other than one mention of losing it by Gallywix and that was really only for a chuckle. At least one side gets to embrace the pity party that’s thrown for them and feel vindicated in whatever they do. Horde players are just left feeling empty and can’t even really mourn the loss of Undercity because no one in game cares about it! We get to lose things that are important to us (UC, Rastakhan, probably Sylvanas) and they won’t even give us the satisfaction of really caring about any of it because the narrative sure as hell isn’t going out of the way to make Horde players feel sad about any of this. Hell, half the Horde wants to kill one of our own and not Alliance. I’m just rambling now so I’ll stop.

13 Likes

In BFA, yeah, you greet him as he’s climbing into the coffin. Prior to, he’s been the core of the trolls. He was the big guy on campus. He is quite literally the voice of gods. Vol’jin was a minor character in comparison to Rastakhan.

1 Like

So, so, so, so very much this.

I will concede that this is a very legitimate complaint, and it is an unfortunate (and perhaps most obvious) case of the story bending around gameplay. The Cataclysm zone redistribution came about because of the original imbalance in favor of the Alliance for zones and quests (no fault to any players, nor writers, obviously) and when redoing the whole world, they sought to correct the imbalance.

Unfortunately, they also decided to have the Horde lose the war, but the zone redistribution needed to happen for gameplay purposes, so you got an illogical peace treaty.

5 Likes

Alright thats pretty funny.
I will give you that but it doesnt change the whole raid is extremely disappointing as all you are doing is killing a guy who never wanted to be horde to crown a troll girl that wants to join the Horde.

The Zone redistribution would not have been as bad if in addition to it all Alliance regions werent literally on fire.
Darkshore shredded.
Ashenvale half conquered but told to go elsewhere.
Stonetalon massacre then told to go elsewhere.
Southernbarrens lose dwarf hold.
Westfall, lose sentinel hill.
Redridge bridge is finally built but rambo dies… or does he…

Alliance leveling was just atrocious compared to zones like Silverpine.

1 Like

How is that disappointing when you’re killing a 200 year old troll of myth on the same level if not more than the Thunder King. Like, Holy sh*t you guys get a really cool troll raid if you’re into those.

1 Like

You know, aside from making a joke about how disconnected Blizzard is with its audience, I never tried to answer OP’s question, though I suspect that it won’t matter.

NO. THERE WILL NEVER BE ‘PAYBACK’ FOR THE WoT LIKE YOU APPEAR TO WANT. ACCEPT IT OR QUIT; THOSE REALLY ARE YOUR ONLY CHOICES. I MYSELF CHOSE TO QUIT. I ACCEPT THAT YOU MIGHT NOT BE TROLLING, BUT WHAT YOU ASK FOR IS SO EXTREME THAT IT MIGHT AS WELL BE TROLLING BECAUSE IT WOULD RUIN THE GAME FOR FAR FAR MORE PEOPLE THAN YOU. AND ARGUING WITH THE OTHER PLAYERS WHO HAVE DIFFERNT VIEWS THAN YOU DO IS COMPETELY POINTLESS, BECAUSE NONE OF THEM ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAS OCCURED IN-GAME. BLIZZARD AND BLIZZARD ALONE IS AT FAULT FOR HOW UNSATIFYING THE STORY HAS BECOME, DIRECT YOUR ARGUEMENTS AGAINST THEM.

18 Likes

How many times do we need to go through this? Hasn’t horde lost enough wars to the allaince? Plus hasn’t the allaince been winning ever since then? In every front?

Alliance war campaign is full of first pump moments and wins. While the horde campaign is a giant waste of time. The horde would of been better off not doing anything. Because all the gains the horde made have been taken away.

Not to mention horde characters keep getting linked by their allaince counter parts. Heck there isn’t even a time where horde characters triumph heoricly like their dbz allaince counter parts.

Dark shore, raid on Zandalari I mean what more you want B?

8 Likes

No they arent at fault but they are fault for saying idiotic things like this.

A win. I want a horde city burn to the ground.
Preferably Silvermoon and I want to make sure all its citizens burn with it.

Undercity isn’t destroyed, though. It’s temporarily uninhabitable, but that’s just blight; deal with the Alliance, clean things up, and it’s…no worse off than it ever was. It really isn’t the kind of loss Teldrassil was.

1 Like

When you ghost down there. The elevators still work.

I like your ramblings more than most of the other stuff in the thread. :tired_face:

As hopeful and optimistic I want to be, this is sadly the case, I think.

You wont be able to get that because that’s what Dazar’alor and Undercity is supposed to be for you guys. If it actually fulfills that need is another thing entirely.

It is, Capital City might be fine, but Undercity is wrecked.

It shouldn’t matter if it is or not because the story isn’t a seesaw.

5 Likes

So ultimately.

Is the Alliance ever going to get a payback for War of Thorns?

The answer is no. The Alliance will never be allowed to do anything remotely close to a payback.

2 Likes

The story isn’t a seesaw, but in a two faction game the narrative does require a certain balance. “Your lost zone was reduced to ashes, but mine is just temporarily incapacitated” isn’t balanced.

When I played through on Horde side, I didn’t see any indication that Undercity had been destroyed. We chased down some spies, saw our civilians evacuated, and then Sylvanas blighted everything.

1 Like

I don’t know what this is supposed to imply other than that they were lazy and didn’t completely remove Undercity or actually make it inaccessible. You think we’re gonna get it back or something?

6 Likes

Oh absolutely.

Part of the reason for this is that Undercity is already destroyed.

Or they’ll just turn it into a raid zone so we can kill one of our leaders again! Yay!

1 Like

But we liked it that way.

Well, I didn’t, that’s why all my Horde alts are in Silvermoon. But I hear other people liked it.