Is the Alliance ever going to get a payback for War of Thorns?

Ah that mythic monolithic Alliance playerbase that all wants to delete the Horde. It’s almost as if Alliance players in this very thread didn’t suggest other alternatives.

It’s kind of funny to watch certain Horde players who post here, who choose to respond only to the most extreme Alliance posters and pretend that those extremists represent all Alliance players.

“Undercity wasn’t bad, because Blizzard didn’t make you all feel bad about it”
his logic

But oh trust me, mr. Lithya they are making us feel like dogcrap for a lot more than just your tree stump and UC

5 Likes

I dont think I once advocated the Horde be deleted.
I just asked for the Alliance to competently destroy something of value of Horde.

No. Not Zandalari. Horde.
Like Orgrimmar
Silvermoon
Thuderbluff.

You get the idea.

It is bad as a loss, though it also has the addition of being bad in a different sense. While its loss doesn’t get shoved in your face, with no real build-up either, the gravity of it all is simply glossed over. It’s like the writers forgot about world-building in that entire event. Things were just left up to conjecture; there wasn’t even any in-game content showing you how Tirisfal went from current norm to the wartorn heap it is now.

In being forgotten about, they also prevented players from feeling validated about a loss of their own, all the while of being browbeaten over the other side’s defeat.

4 Likes

I mentioned this an earlier thread, though I’ll give a summary post. I don’t think not attacking the Zandalari after the Siege is out of character for Jaina. The only people left are common folk and lawmen, essentially the populace of Teldrassil, only with the presence of a leader-to-be. The burden of leadership contains having to weigh your options and take measures to ensure that those under your command are never put to the task they consider morally bankrupt, as that can lead to ignoring orders and defecting.

Granted, throughout history, nobles had 0 problems running down innocent peasants that lived on the enemy Lord’s lands and the original iteration of chivalry was focused solely on the privileging of nobility, but Warcraft’s cultures seem to have weathered the worst and have reservations against doing the indefensible, hence why the Horde is about to have a 2nd civil war and why pre-villain bat Garrosh threw his Overlord off a cliff for bombing a haven of non-combatants in Stonetalon.

As for Nathanos & Jaina, where do they ever come in contact aside from Stormwind?

Lastly, for grudges weighed, they just won three battles, two of which, logistically, they probably shouldn’t had been able to. They win so hard that the Horde is weeks from defeat, all without ever doing anything morally bankrupt and maintaining the moral high ground. If the Horde doesn’t get any come-uppance with their strengths of shamanism and arcane magic to balance the scale before OLD GODS ™, they could quite literally dictate the reparations harvested and the Horde would be powerless to stop them. They could have every military asset of the Horde sent to the executioner’s block (and by military assets, that’s a blurred line with the Horde, given how many have embraced the martial arts either from heritage or as a necessity to survive in a harsh world. Most of them have probably, maybe, fought in a skirmish or so.) and they’d shrug because the alternative is fighting an enemy they can’t defeat on the lance board. That’s way better than doing a Teldrassil 2.0

2 Likes

I wish your suffering was something that Alliance was inflicting upon you directly so it would be worth something.
Being insulted constantly by Baine and Nathanos for different reasons is not something I enjoy seeing.

In exchange, we’d have to have destroyed something of value to the Alliance.

We haven’t, yet.

You are already doing that with Dazar’alor.
We’ve formed a bond with the Zandalari from step one, people really like them.
Especially with a few main characters: Rastakhan, Talanji, and the remaining Zanchuli. Oh look who’s at the chopping block.

Let’s be honest, that happens all the time and on both sides. The extremists are the ones that make us mad, so they’re the ones we remember.

7 Likes

Ok bye then.

So Dazar’alor is the equivalent of War of Thorns.
Awesome.

So this is worse than MoP’s SoO.
God damn this horde favortism. I should probably faction change.

You just want to argue, it’s like going in a circle with you

All the stuff that happened to the nelves via the Horde throughout Cataclysm and MoP, and you know what the repercussions were?

They got to keep everything they took. Azshara and Stonetalon were gifted to them in exchange for leaving Ashenvale despite supposedly being in no position to be a threat.

This is apparently “MoP but better” so, no, even if the Alliance wins, there will be no payback, it will all be pinned on Sylvanas and that’s that.

2 Likes

So agree with me or you are wrong?

The heart of the entire Horde is right next door. Teldrassil is a tertiary city that is a whole zone away from Ashenvale.

There is no way that the night elves could hold Ashenvale if the Horde decided that it wanted it.

1 Like

Equivalent to the War of Thorns in terms of being a similar situation? Not exactly, but both are well established old Empires that eventually ally with a faction to eventually find their home has been targeted because of that allegiance. Then yes, very similar.

1 Like

Daz dude. Daz. It’s been said numerous times. inb4. “attacking Daz is nothing and doesn’t affect teh Horde bc its not only the main hub for them but we also kill the Zandalari king (who was a really standout character btw) and destroy their entire fleet lol xD”

3 Likes

Funny. I must have missed the part where most the Zandalari trolls get killed their city is reduced to rubble.
Can you point out when that happens?

Not the rubble but the damage is certainly more than done. King Rastakhan dying is the cherry on top. He’s quite literally the most important troll character in the entire troll narrative across all the clans. If I had to put him on a scale, it’d be Tyrande levels of important. Now he’s been dumpstered and is going to be replaced by a cardboard cutout character.

1 Like

That dude had his death flags raised within the 5 minutes you meet him.
You cant seriously put him at Tyrandes level when she has been around since WC3.

Save your fingers. She won’t be happy unless there’s rubble.

THERE MUST BE RUBBLE!

7 Likes