Is the Alliance ever going to get a payback for War of Thorns?

I’d love a list of what you’ve actually lost. And by lost I mean the Alliance took it from you. Not you gave it up on your own terms.

I have a bit of a different perspective. I don’t want any Horde cities destroyed or characters killed. I don’t even care if the Alliance wins the war in the end. I want two things - a) I never again have to hear an Alliance NPC talk fearfully about the “fury of the Horde”. I am tired of Alliance NPCs talking about the Horde as if it is this awesome thing. Save that for Horde NPCs; 2) I want a cinematic where that smug expression is wiped off the face of Sylvanas and Nathanos for five seconds. I want to see them shaken, with no comeback quip. I want to see a look of dawning realization as they realize that they might have bit off more than they can chew in attacking the Alliance.

After that, the Horde can win the war for all I care. Loa Vol’jin can stop Sylvanas from destroying the Alliance in order to preserve both factions.

9 Likes
8 Likes

I haven’t moved my goalpost. I’ve always talked from the point that the Horde only loses things when they get to decide for themselves how bad of a loss it will be. You gonna actually prove me wrong or are you just gonna link subpar youtube videos all day?

3 Likes

To be fair the Horde constantly hear about how awesome and savage the Alliance too.
In the Pre-patch they were constantly told “You are attacking a garrison, this isnt even their real army but gorsh darn it is it hard to beat them!”

Doesnt change the fact that in the end they do win tho.

1 Like

You said I live in my bubble?
We lost the UNDERCITY, Dazar’alor is going up in flames, the Night Elves get to sweep us out of Darkshore while the Alliance have been hinted to get to keep the safe areas around Undercity.
Yeah you’re out of the loop or you don’t care and are too biased to see it.

4 Likes

He says that when he cant argue.

Yes. You absolutely do.

True but you gave it away.

Lol no it isnt, you have to imagine that it is.

Nope. A never ending stalemate.

LMAO.

And you have to imagine your losses.

1 Like

:thinking::point_up_2:

2 Likes

Night Elves sweeping the Horde out of their home isn’t a loss. You haven’t lost anything you still have everything you had before. A loss would be if we retook our lands, Darkshore and Ashenvale, and then invaded and took over Durotar.

1 Like

Players like you make me wish the Alliance had burned Orgrimmar to the ground rather than deposing Garrosh and then handing the city back to you in perfect working order. Just so your “you laid siege to Org!” whining would have some merit.

9 Likes

I HAVE MY DOUBTS TOO.

1 Like

That’s not what you said above, though:

3 Likes

Like I said, she moves the goalposts.

Sorry what I understood was that you were saying if the Horde doesnt care about silvermoon then this is a never ending search of finding a way to make the Horde emotionally suffer.

I think Undercity had potential for an emotional loss but Blizzard instead decided to present it as tactical retreat sort of thing. Silvermoon is the only place I can logically think of that Blizzard could deploy an emotional loss in a manner that makes sense.
The thing is for the Alliance player to feel vindicated they are gonna need those 7 steps. If Azshara is using her nagas to make the Blood Elves suffer it wont make the Alliance care one bit.

That was the point I was trying to get accross.

That may have been a more interesting expansion to follow MoP than WoD was:

Voljin works with the Alliance to breach Org and defeat Garrosh. But instead, Varian listened to Jaina - and a slaughter begins. The Horde can only flee as the Alliance destroys Org and any Horde who can not flee.

Maybe Sylvanas and Baine are the only ones who can even escape the throne room. Baine bull rushes out and Sylvanas banshee forms out. But Voljin, Lorthemar, and Gallywix die.

It would give the Horde an existential threat. Sylvanas could have rallied the Horde from Thunder Bluff.

I can see your view. Especially when compared to what actually happened at the end of MoP.

1 Like

The line that specifically drew my ire is the following that we will be force to get on the Alliance side in the next raid:

“The Grand Admiral fought bravely, as did the High Tinker. But the Horde attacked with such rage… such fury!”

Perhaps I missed it, but I don’t recall the Horde getting an equivalent description of the fury of the Alliance during the Siege of Dazar’alor.

1 Like

No need for them to die. Have one of them like Vol’jin lose his arm, Orgrimmar burning to the ground and being a ruin for a couple of expansions would have been good enough.

I was talking about Pre-patch. You wont hear that kind of talk from Nathanos or Sylvanas.

“four-six years nbd”

Well, almost anything would have been.

I’m still bitter that Vol’jin’s entire stint as warchief involved him doing less than he did in 5.3.

As does everyone else. You realise no matter how expansive someone travels they’ll still only have so little influence. You can’t really know that many people that well even if you did meet every living person on the Earth.
There’s always a bubble, and I’ll accept that mine is pretty Horde-biased, but I at least try to move out of it when thinking about all this.

Sylvanas gave it away, we lost it.

“It’s not literally in flames, so there’s no problem there. Rastakhan, the established and now well liked character is being killed off, and Dazar’alor’s fleet is being put down for no reason.
No loss”

That’s not how lore works.
It’s canon that the Frostwolves won Alterac.
Sure it’ll take a few years, but we’ll learn who won eventually.

Table Missions.

What are you talking about, sure we win sometimes, but at a net loss. That’s still loss.

It’s still a loss.
A loss is a loss.
It doesn’t matter how much “emotion” is poured into it.