Is the Alliance ever going to get a payback for War of Thorns?

Why can’t we take away Orgrimmar? They’re gonna get Lordaeron back eventually. Everyone knows they will.

Because if we do the Horde cant function gameplay wise? All their crap is there.

Revamp Lordaeron. The only thing that’s missing from Undercity that’s in Orgrimmar is the portal room coming in 8.1.5

It is funny that you suggest the Alliance has been waiting since Cata and MoP for a payoff.

A more fitting question: will the Alliance player base ever be satisfied with their crushing victories? Doubtful.

They already laid siege to Orgrimmar. They have titles that explicitly say “Conqueror of Orgrimmar”. My Alliance guys can run around with that title.

Varian Wrynn strode before the Horde leadership in the heart of their capitol, and vowed the Alliance would end the Horde as they saw fit. He said this to the new Warchief, just after the previous Warchief was over thrown, in front of Thrall.

The Horde leadership were all there to suffer that insult in silence.

And we still get threads suggesting the Alliance never gets any payback. I want Horde payback. I want my Conqueror of Stormwind title.

11 Likes

The helf fan inside of you is the same no matter the skin yiu use, dear. Irrelevant if you ask me.

Also -and thinking about it- Quel´Thalas is not precisely a good target cause the actual probability of the devs changing the map to reflect the attack is VERY low; they literally avoid working on the zone as if it´s filled with the plague or something. Lithya´s petition is risky for you too cause the most probable way for it to happen is with an scenario similar to the Nightborne recruitment one; and I can already see devs having the gal to tell you: we don´t have resources to rebuilt a TBC zone and annex it to Azeroth´s map; pretend the city is destroyed but the zone will stay in it´s TBC limbo for player leveling purposes…

And that means you guys STILL don´t gain anything while we gain a VERY good chance to have some delicious Belf centered plot. Your idea is the perfect mirror on the other hand…:thinking:

4 Likes

Right, I forgot to mention that. Again, though, I would argue that the impact of those losses are very different for, say, a night elf player like me versus a blood elf player who wanted nothing to do with the faction war and hates the whole idea of the War of Thorns.

Which would lead to even more arguing over whether a raid on Quel’thalas, which involved destroying all of their zones and then their capitol, is fair payback. And then players would demand an equal strike like that on the Alliance, which leads to calls for another strike back at the Horde, and it keeps spiralling.

I think that Blizz has really written itself into a corner. The War of Thorns was so awful and brutal that it cannot be swept under the rug for another ‘let’s team up to fight the big bad and then have peace afterwards’, but anything that an Alliance player would deem to be an equal strike on the Horde would be seen as disproportionate by the Horde playerbase.

Those “Dumb troll boats” wrecked an alliance fleet.

“Not been able to lose anything” looks at the whole expansion totally accurate /s

Stop rping, for the better of the forums. This never ends well when people rp.

11 Likes

lol.

And left.

Yeah. SoO and its conclusion is exactly what is wrong with WoW when it thinks its payback.
If you want feel free to raid Stormwind every week. It wont matter, you wont leave a single scratch on it.

As opposed to what? This is a bifactional game.

Oh, the prepatch was absolute garbage for all parties involved.

But hey! At least your tree no longer looks like a giant malformed stump.

Gotta look at the positives!

In all seriousness, I agree that Blizz has always done a poor job portraying Alliance wins. And that I wish they had done Lordaeron differently. Losing Lordaeron didn’t make me hate the Alliance, or even see them as a threat.

Alliance should have stomped us. Instead, we nearly won, Jaina does her thing, and we still ended the fight on our terms and not the Alliance’s.

23 Likes

Comes to the Story Forum. Complains people are talking about the story.

Where are they now? Lol.

I am glad you agree.

• Won the War of Thorns, and got genocide an enemy race to boot.
  • Gave up Undercity on your own terms. Alliance didn’t even stick around to turn it into a warfront or torture stragglers like the Horde is doing in Darkshore
  • Brennadam
  • Dazar’alor ends with the Zandalari trolls putting their Mary Sue Can-do-no-wrong Princess on the throne and thrusting their race right into the arms of the Horde. So another win for you there.

Dazar’alor is going to be the very first Alliance “victory” in that we take out some shiny troll boats that will probably be replaced by Ashvane now that she’s joined the Horde as well. But yeah keep telling yourself the expansion has been nothing but the Horde losing. Your bubble is adorable.

1 Like

I think that’s what a lot of Alliance fans thought before the War of Thorns. And the complete destruction of their faction city. And the complete invalidation of the whole Alliance ending to the Siege of Orgrimmar.

As a disclaimer, I am not trying to say that the Horde story is good. One story being awful doesn’t mean that the other’s story isn’t awful, too. And I think trying to compare the two tit-for-tat is causing a lot more problems.

4 Likes

You are talking to the posters letting her bias cloud her judgment (I mean asking for Quel´Thalas IS a bad idea; cause that zone is not even on the Azeroth map mechanically wise and the chance devs actually rebuilt it from scratch just to destroy it is laughable… people have ALWAYS asked for an update on Quel´Thalas and the answer of Blizz is always the same: NO. The work and resources needed are very high; and they won´t sacrifice it just for a dead end.

Her demand would end up happening on an even smaller queable scenario; while the zone stays just the same in it´s safe TBC bubble… why do you think the Heritage scenario was done around “Blood of the Highborne”? cause devs literally only had to put some NPCs in some places and voilá!! awesome quest chain with smallest resource deployment ever (they didn´t even updated Kael´thas model ffs).

An actual valid target would be to lose deffinitely Tisifal Glades (the mirror of Darkshore)… fair cause both are the actual equivalents mechanically wise. Quel´thalas equivalent is the other TBC zone A.K.A. Azuremyst; not Teldrassil.

2 Likes

What would they have done? Killed the Horde in SoO? Kicked them out of Orgrimmar?

It’s a bifactional game. You go too far in one direction, the other faction will quit.

No, I like talking about the story, and even rp funnily enough. Just not rping here, because it always yields terrible results, besides, there’s already another forum for that.

The troll fleet? That is a failing on Blizzard’s part in portraying the fleet aside from a single cinematic, but what we do get is that they’re extremely well organized.
Probably in part due to the Loa, but hey the Kul Tirans have their mystic water magic too.

As for the Alliance fleet? There’s a whole sub-zone to show off the wreckage, it’s near the beach tortallan village in Zuldazar.

That says nothing to portraying the Horde as able to keep land for more than 3 days.

Sylvanas gave up Undercity on her own terms, It’s just as bad as it’s the ancestral home of many of the Forsaken individuals, the old Lordaeronians. Their home has been destroyed for the second time, how is that not a loss?

I question whether Brannadam is even canon, but even if it is, same problem as the first.

Idc about this equality bs, I just care when people claim that the Horde lost nothing so far when that is not accurate.

2 Likes

I hope the writers know this. But I’m having my doubts.

4 Likes

Because the Horde has lost nothing. You’re the Devs favorite little star child and ultimately will always come out on top like you always have.

2 Likes

You’re wrong.

4 Likes

Does it look like I talking to you as a void elf? You need to take those RP goggles off because I ain’t.