Is-the-20-man-hard-limit-for-mythic-raiding-too-restrictive

I agree with this post.

13 Likes

You nailed it! That’s exactly how to link the posts :slight_smile: (It should have also notified the OP)

What about it do you agree with? Do you have any extra feedback you want to add?

8 Likes

I don’t have extra feedback. Flexing mythic like OP said is +1 imo. OP said everything I would say but more “colorfully” (pun intended)

The reason Blizzard gave to hard-set mythic to 20 is for tuning reasons. With the flex difficulties, there’s always ideal breakpoints and some mechanics scale worse or better with size (Jailer always sending out 3 bombs regardless of if you have 10 people or 30 is a good example). By assuming a certain raid size, they can better tune its challenge and also assume you have access to every spec/class (and thus don’t have to feel limited on designing mechanics).

14 Likes

We had the same thread yesterday
There’s other ways to make it less restrictive than sabotage 20 man, adding 10man or making it so there’s certain raids that are 10 other 20 would be better.
And it makes it even worse for benching as you will bench people to optimize fights with different numbers.

1 Like

15 Likes

Yeah, you kind of have to have a set size for it or else guilds will change how many people are in the raid every boss. It doesn’t necessarily have to be 20, but if you go much lower in a game with as many specs and different utilities as WoW, it will be very difficult to have all the utilities you need in your set raid team.

1 Like

Except, why would you LINK to a post saying “I like this”, instead of just posting “I like this” in the post in the first place??

4 Likes

At least if it flexed a little you could take everyone to farm bosses.

Farm is less important most people only care about progression and finishing the raid.

1 Like

Exactly. #FlexFarm!

It’s a post on the community council forums.

1 Like

Yea but you can’t have one and the other. And prog is more important.

1 Like

Any good raid needs a bench. Ask any REAL Mythic team what their ideal size is and it’s not 20 … it’s like 23-25.

So tell those people on the bench that “farm isn’t important.”

3 Likes

I had raid teams with 21 man raids roster that got cutting edge.

And yes farm isn’t important, lot of mythic raiders would like nothing more than to have to kill the bosses mostly once and get the loot they want from it.

The only fun from farm is parsing, and Blizzard refuse to acknowledge it with stuff like PI still being the way it is.

Agreed, but in my case that is because people have to miss a night here or there for whatever reason so I don’t want to have to pug.

2 Likes

The “tight tuning” Blizzard does isn’t worth not flexing.

The only argument against not flexing raids is that it reduces the design space of the fights if they have to plan around flex.

That’s why you should just be able to flex a little bit. Say 20-25.

Well yeah… that’s the point. One which @Zoumz can’t seem to grasp.

STUFF HAPPENS. It’s not a matter of you WANT to have to go to the hospital on raid night… YOU’RE GOING!

And when STUFF HAPPENS, you need a bench. That’s REALITY. And any REAL raid worth their salt is going to plan for that. Because it’s GONNA HAPPEN.

Please don’t bore me with singular examples of how “my raid doesn’t do this.” It’s not about singular examples, it’s about the GENERAL case. And when even RWF groups explain the best raid comp is 22-25, it’s not hard to admit it’s not 20.

You can move raid days, that something that can happen and raids shouldn’t be so tightly tuned that you can’t beat it in 6 months with missing some days.

I guess you know more than RWF teams. I bow down to your superior logic and planning.

/s

1 Like